LegacyGT.com

Gex's 2005 RBP Wagon

Gex

I've taken it out for around 100 miles. It is definitely much more subdued than the Magnaflow, which makes sense since the mufflers are about 1/3rd bigger. I'll have it out again tomorrow and I'll try and grab a sound clip. I made one for the Magnaflow before I took it off. I love the fitment though. Wagon specific is awesome.

I've taken it out for around 100 miles. It is definitely much more subdued than the Magnaflow, which makes sense since the mufflers are about 1/3rd bigger. I'll have it out again tomorrow and I'll try and grab a sound clip. I made one for the Magnaflow before I took it off. I love the fitment though. Wagon specific is awesome.

Oh you've definitely gotten to experience it then. Fitment on these is amazing, really fills out the rear end. Looking forward to seeing it on your car, I'd love to do a video our our cars together at some point.

Oh you've definitely gotten to experience it then. Fitment on these is amazing, really fills out the rear end. Looking forward to seeing it on your car, I'd love to do a video our our cars together at some point.

Have you had passengers spend time in your rear seats? Are they happy with the noise level? There's a big difference in volume between my front and rear seats, largely bcuz wagon.

I get almost-complaints with my K2 Gear exhaust.

Have you had passengers spend time in your rear seats? Are they happy with the noise level? There's a big difference in volume between my front and rear seats, largely bcuz wagon.

I get almost-complaints with my K2 Gear exhaust.

Yup and no complaints! That was one of my big concerns when finding an exhaust for the wagon and this one seems to be a good balance and little to no drone. Obviously it's slightly louder from the back seats but you can still carry out a conversation.

Yup and no complaints! That was one of my big concerns when finding an exhaust for the wagon and this one seems to be a good balance and little to no drone. Obviously it's slightly louder from the back seats but you can still carry out a conversation.

If either you or Gex are ever on this side of the border, I'd love to meet up and hear it!

Most definitely interested in a vid with the wagons Nick! Also if I am ever up north with the wagon I will let you know legacybt. I love running up the Sea to Sky Highway!

Few more of the wagon for good measure.

37667209442_83e96c0cf9_c.jpg

37699686021_553f59c8ed_c.jpg

Thanks Dave! Can't believe it's been almost 5 years since you last tuned her. Your tune started my bank accounts downward spiral in the search for more power! Wish you were local to me, she'd be on your rollers getting tuned for corn juice.

• 2 weeks later...
I am planning on showing up right as they open at 8am. Tune is on Saturday the 4th not Friday. I’m like a 4 year old waiting for Christmas morning here!

Ahh yes, tomorrow is only Friday. I'm excited for you! I wish your 5 speed luck in its upcoming endeavors.

That's the funny thing. Ive never really worried about the trans on the Dyno. The 5 speeds can hold all the power you can throw at them. Its bang shifting them causing the case to expand that make them explode. Clutch is rated to 475 ft lbs!

Since its a photo thread

24170669588_36a8d20bc7_c.jpg

37969088036_f95e5b12e1_c.jpg

37969087636_67c51b9bea_c.jpg

Edited by Gex

Those new cans do look really nice with the USDM bumper. Do you think they are louder or quieter than the Magnaflow*?

It is much quieter than the Magnaflow I had. The white wagon above has the Magnaflow and we had them running side by side. The Magnaflow was quite a bit louder.

Would be awesome to see some of you guys come down. The last two dyno tunes I’ve gotten it’s just been me sitting by myself watching her spin.

Yesterday was dyno day at PIA in Tacoma WA. Mike Talbot tuned the car for the second time with the same power mods as before but with the new IAG short block. Car performed very well and was once again easy to tune. Overall I am very happy with the results. The car goes like stink! The tuner said the Mustang dyno was recently re-calibrated so it read lower than my last dyno session in January of 2016. It spun up to 384hp/355tq wheel at 21 psi at one point but was finished at 376hp/346tq at 20psi. Its good. Really good.

24343349228_2c489450bb_c.jpg

37466721824_c08b3813e8_c.jpg

38177227721_60ffa642fe_c.jpg

38140040996_7345a12ffc_c.jpg

• 2 months later...
Switched out the Magnaflow sedan exhaust for a GReddy SP2 wagon fitment. Also ditched the AVO Silicon inlet for an AP hard inlet and the momo wheel for a DAMD round wheel. Still love this wagon! It goes back on the dyno Nov 4th!

36889457113_857f5cc882_c.jpg

36889452443_35c039d1d6_c.jpg

Do you know Greddy SP2 is different from , idk, Greddy? I am looking at one for sedan that I will modify for wagon.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

IIRC correctly the SP2 exhaust was wagon fitment only. The EVO2 Greddy was the sedan fitment exhaust with the large round can exhaust mufflers. Either way I ran the Magnaflow sedan exhaust on my car for years (now on the SWP wagon pictured above next to my RBP car). If you look at the pictures of the SWP wagon next to my RBP wagon you can see how much a sedan exhaust tucks up under the wagon bumper. Edited by Gex

I just paid for Greddy exhaust sedan fitment, my son should bring it with him. I do see that on your (former) while wagon the sedan exhaust tips are tucked under the bumper, and the wagon Greddy on RBP wagon are sticking out. Thing is, my stock exhaust on my RBP wagon is somewhat close to what I see on your white wagon. I have to look at part ## to see if Subaru even had separate exhaust tips for wagon vs sedan.

Anyway, if that sedan Greddy is too short I will see if an exhaust shop here can weld some stainless extenders for Greddy tips.

Thank you for detailed pictures. RBP wagon is a keeper, but white LGT wagon is one of my dreams. Not sure if I should kill it or fulfill it ;)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• 4 weeks later...