LegacyGT.com

SomeZero’s SLO LGT

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at other dyno plots on their site, I find it odd that none of the HP/TQ curves cross at 5250.

Here is a plot from a td06-20g GR STI:

http://www.altechno.ru/images/stories/subaru/grb/GRB-818-3.jpg

I was thinking this might be a units conversion problem... this graph is in NM (newton meters, I think?)... 480Nm = 354 ft-lbs, which seems about right...

Does different units also explain why the plots don't cross at 5250?

It appears the calculations are way off on the dyno that Bombay was dyno'd.

Using the formula HP = (TQ*RPM) / 5252, Bombay's HP should read closer to 350hp, on the plot he provided http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=164824&d=1381165809

So, at 4000rpm, it looks like his torque is about 460. Which would equate his wheel HP being ~350.34.

Christ, every time one of us goes E85, the dyno numbers get scrutinized one way or another. :lol:

Now we just need the EFI goon squad to come shit up this thread like any other that puts out better numbers than their project.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

It appears the calculations are way off on the dyno that Bombay was dyno'd.

Using the formula HP = (TQ*RPM) / 5252, Bombay's HP should read closer to 350hp, on the plot he provided http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=164824&d=1381165809

So, at 4000rpm, it looks like his torque is about 460. Which would equate his wheel HP being ~350.34.

It's graph ~from flywheel

It's graph ~from flywheel

But the mathematical formula would remain the same. It almost seems the scaling or the constant (RPM value to calculate HP) was changed in the dyno software. From the looks of it, it appears to be set around 6900 RPM. Not sure why, as that would produce an incorrect (and low) HP correlation to TQ.

I'm pretty sure nobody is putting down 600'ish to the wheels in stock form (or any form that I'm aware of) automagic or not. That's not even a dyno variance question, that's just plain incorrect. By 200%'ish.

Looking at other dyno plots on their site, I find it odd that none of the HP/TQ curves cross at 5250.

Indeed. That's more than odd. It's mathematically incorrect.

Edit: lol metric. Still, they're incorrectly calculating if the curves don't cross at 5250.

Modifications:

3" invidia without catback

Denso IRIDIUM IKH22

ATF cooler kit - automatic transmission

Oil cooler kit

TMIC RacerX

Injector Dynamics ID1000

DEATSCHWERKS DW65C

Greddy 3 port solenoid

Hybrid VF54

Ecutek

Octane 98

245/40/19 Nitto invo

Dynamometer - SuperFlow awd 880

Stock

236 hp on wheels (~287hp on flywheel)

With hybrid vf54

252 hp on wheels (~300hp on flywheel)

I don't see an aftermarket BPV ... Are you still running the OEM BPV?

How much boost are you running? Have you tested your BPV to see that it's not leaking at higher boost pressures?

That's where your missing HP/TQ could be ... ask me how I know :eek:;).

His boost plot shows 2bar (30psi) absolute, so that would be about 15psi relative (what you see on your boost gauge). Not sure why he's tuned to 15psi when that turbo is more than capable of 24psi.

"After looking at the graphs, your car is boosting at little over 2 bar, that’s 28psi, and that’s very high for a Subaru stock engine." © Tomioka

My tune peaks at 22 and change psi at 3700 rpm then tapers to 19 psi at red line. Turbo has more to give but with stock bottom end and unknown trans strength. My tuner kept it there for now.

When we build the motor here soon and we get a real 6 speed in it we will really push this turbo.

Plus we aee talking to TR about a bigger hot side for it as well.

Well your tuner is leaving a lot on the table on your tune. The hotside is not even the first of your issues.

I'd suggest that you start your own thread about your car and your issues.

Well your tuner is leaving a lot on the table on your tune. The hotside is not even the first of your issues.

I'd suggest that you start your own thread about your car and your issues.

I'm sorry that clog your thread :icon_roll

Archived