LegacyGT.com

SomeZero’s SLO LGT

Only thing I ever gamble on is playing routlette and rarely have lost money except a few years back i lost 13grand in Atlantic City...let's just say I turned my smile upside down pretty dam quick. Anyways back on topic.

Let's get this build going and bet it all on black

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I check out the piston on cyl 4 today now that it is out of the engine. 3 tiny cracks in the ringland so small I had a hard time seeing them after swav pointed them out twice.

I'm amazed at how fragile these boxer motors are.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I think the piston in cylinder 4 is intentionally made weaker than others as a safety measure. The knock sensor sits closest to cylinder 4. I guess their logic is for cylinder 4 to go first and hopefully spare additional damage in all cylinders. :confused:

When the entire system was pulled it no shit looked like a frosty from Wendy's dripping out the intercooler and charge pipe

Haha I can believe it. Hope everything goes well in your build.

Yeah mostly thats the way. Just gets tough looking at cams and head work. The cost to HP ratio sucks when so much of this is custom fab already.

2 set of steel lines from the trunk are pricey.

There we go. Mind listing the other bits again? I went back through and read everything...Manley piston heads too right? Which ones? And did you find any other options for different cams?

Pm me if you want for what you picked verse other

Everythings in.

And the Custom Header has been started.

What are you doing with your stock exhaust headers? Interested in selling?

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

Stock headers are being transformed to accommodate an EWG for the 20g.

The other option was to extend them to move to a fog light turbo location to go bigger turbo. But then the uniqueness and benefits of the 5thgen turbo set up are gone. This way I can squeeze out this turbo has to offer now that I'm running a forged motor fmic and ewg.

The only unknown or limiting factor is how much can this trans take before shitting itself.

When that happens we will see about getting the spec.b 6 speed to fit. But the challenges there are motor mounting, drive shaft differences and shifter positions.

If your interested in them making you one shoot Swav from 6 star a message (he has posted a few pages back).

I would talk to them but I'm on vacation this week and not sure I'll getbover there.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/29/8upepyny.jpg

Motor is done gets picked up on Monday from machine shop.

Almost done at least to start break in for winter. Will go full retard in spring with the spray.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/29/8upepyny.jpg

Motor is done gets picked up on Monday from machine shop.

Almost done at least to start break in for winter. Will go full retard in spring with the spray.

You have my full support on this one.

:lol:

Archived