LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

I pulled the plug on my 08 legacy 2.5i last night. While it did disable the DRL it also disabled the high beam indicator on my dashboard. This isn't a huge deal to me but if anyone knows what wires to pull from that plug in order to stop only the DRL I would like to do that and still maintain my dashboard function. Thanks.

I pulled the plug on my 08 legacy 2.5i last night. While it did disable the DRL it also disabled the high beam indicator on my dashboard. This isn't a huge deal to me but if anyone knows what wires to pull from that plug in order to stop only the DRL I would like to do that and still maintain my dashboard function. Thanks.

Same thing happened to my '08 GT. I just live with it.

Eventually, I may try the '07 mod... I'm just lazy and can usually tell when my high beams are on.

You have two options. You can either pull the Blue/Black wire out of the plug (or just cut it) and plug it back in, or you can leave it unplugged and insert both ends of a short piece of wire into the end of the plug as a jumper between the fat Red and skinny Green/Red wires. Either way should work.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have a 2007 Outback. Unplugging the white plug disabled the DRLs (thank you!) but also seems to have disabled the fog lights. No big deal but it might be nice to have the fogs on occasion, if they are any good for the stated purpose.

I have a 2007 Outback. Unplugging the white plug disabled the DRLs (thank you!) but also seems to have disabled the fog lights. No big deal but it might be nice to have the fogs on occasion, if they are any good for the stated purpose.

For 07 and later, you use a different procedure. You only need to unplug the blue-and-black wire from the white plug, as described a couple of posts up. Then you get to keep your fogs and hi-beams.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I cut the blue/black wire on my '08 yesterday and all works as desired with one exception...the high beams only work with the low beams on. Is this how the stock setup was? I did not notice if this was the case prior to cutting the wire. It's not a big deal, but if say you need to flash on-coming traffic, etc. it may be useful.

I cut the blue/black wire on my '08 yesterday and all works as desired with one exception...the high beams only work with the low beams on. Is this how the stock setup was? I did not notice if this was the case prior to cutting the wire. It's not a big deal, but if say you need to flash on-coming traffic, etc. it may be useful.

Either 08 is different than 07 or you nicked another wire while you were down there.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

To flash the highs on my '07 when the lows are off you have to pull the stalk towards you. If you push it away they don't come on.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad I found this thread. I went in initially and looked around where the drl connector was on my wrex (by passenger side strut tower in engine bay), shrugged, came in and found this. It's even easier to get to on the lgt, haha.

• 3 months later...

Just did this in my 2005 OBW. I'm tired of spending a fortune on headlights, I'll turn them on when I need them thank you very much Subaru.

Hope I unplugged the right one. The box said DRL on a green sticker and there was a black plug right beside the white one. I pulled the white one.

Any solid word if this disables the heated wipers on the '05 model (with winter package)? If so, I'll have to re-connect the DRL plug...snows and ices a lot here and the wiper de-icers are necessary.

Just did this in my 2005 OBW. I'm tired of spending a fortune on headlights, I'll turn them on when I need them thank you very much Subaru.

Hope I unplugged the right one. The box said DRL on a green sticker and there was a black plug right beside the white one. I pulled the white one.

Any solid word if this disables the heated wipers on the '05 model (with winter package)? If so, I'll have to re-connect the DRL plug...snows and ices a lot here and the wiper de-icers are necessary.

I did the DRL disable on my '05 LGT wagon around Thanksgiving and have been using my wiper heaters practically every day for the past two weeks with no problem.

• 2 months later...