LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

just did this mod 2 days ago, I LOVE it, the DRL's were fine for awhile, but they just annoyed me, occasionally I would find myself forgetting to turn the headlights on, and plus, the way the LGT looks with the parking lights on is to die for. Took less than 5 mins, one of the easiest mods to do, but probly one of the best appearance wise.

How did you disable them on your 07. I have an 07 and pulled white plug like eveyrone says but lost the high beams. Someone said they think you can cut a brown wire. Does anyone have better details on getting rid of these things for an 07? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
After reading thru several threads, I decided to take a shot on the DRL lights on my new 07 OBXT. I started with removing blue and black wire in the connector and that took care of mine. It disabled the headlamps, parking , and the indicator on the dash. Not sure what the Brown wire does but i don't see a need to remove it . Mike

Looks like cyclewrks found another way to skin a cat. It depends what you are looking for - I put a switch in the brown wire so that when the switch is closed, the car works like factory. When the switch is open, the headlights from the DRL are disabled, but the other DRL functions still work (parking lights front and rear).

• 2 weeks later...
I wish it was easier to run fogs indepently for us "un" electrical technician minded. :)
To have fogs that can illuminate without any other lights:

Follow the instructions here http://www.moojohn.com/subaru/fogmod.html but don't do the step where you tap into the purple wire.

Instead, do as stated here http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=60174&postcount=66.

You can use an Add-A-Circuit or Access-A-Fuse to tap the CIGAR fuse that's mentioned.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0009U64H4.01-A385A0XNQBW8HY._AA250_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpghttp://www.accessafuse.com/images/mini.jpg

This will allow you to run fogs only, fogs & parking lights, or fogs & headlights. If swithced on, the fogs will extinguish when you use the high beams and also when you turn the ignition to off.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/TRS60586/Misc%20Legacy/piaa_fog_only.jpg

Well, I dropped the panel under the steering column. twisted my 6 foot 1 inch

225 pound frame around under the dash, fired up the flashlight and saw nothing marked DRL.

My poor little 07 Outback LLB is still burdened with those miserable lights.

I assume there is no single plug to disconnect as on earlier models.

I don't want to permanantly sever the connection just in case I want to sell it

someday.

Now what? :wub:

My 07 OBXT wasn't marked DRL either but the relay box is on the firewall on the left side of the footwell, one white plug and one black going in. Pull the white plug trip the release and pull out the blue/black wire and no more DRL's. See my post above. - Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
After reading thru several threads, I decided to take a shot on the DRL lights on my new 07 OBXT. I started with removing blue and black wire in the connector and that took care of mine. It disabled the headlamps, parking , and the indicator on the dash. Not sure what the Brown wire does but i don't see a need to remove it . Mike

That is so key! Don't they know that amber lights on the dash are for warning the driver of a problem condition! Jeez.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 2 weeks later...

"trip the release" - could you be more precise? I tried tripping the wire release from the wire side, from the opposite side, but no go. I'm still at it, but could you be more specific? Huge thanks.

Nevermind, found a great walkthrough, halfway down on this thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42292&page=2&highlight=2007+DRL

My 07 OBXT wasn't marked DRL either but the relay box is on the firewall on the left side of the footwell, one white plug and one black going in. Pull the white plug trip the release and pull out the blue/black wire and no more DRL's. See my post above. - Cheers

That bugger is difficult! You have to have the locking mechanism just right and then get the screwdriver inserted just right. Took a long time to get just the right combination to remove it. I'm glad I was patient and didn't snip it, though.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I would say thank you. This was such a huge help. I purchased a pair of Sylvania Silver Star head lights about four months ago. When I got in my car one night about a week and a half ago I realized that I had a head light out. I found this very disheartening given that I had just spent in the neighborhood of $40.00 to purchase these lights. I was very impressed with the performance, and the style of the lights. I had them in my previous vehicle and had absolutely no problems with their longevity. I wrote Sylvania an email regarding my problems. They were happy to replace the lights free of charge. I was in the process of getting the new lights (and driving the car with a headlight out) when the second light went out as well. Needless to say I was furious. This confirmed what I had originally thought. The Daytime Running Lights were burning these lights out very quickly.

I went to the owners manual to figure out how to turn the DRL off. With absolutely no success. I didn't know where else to look. So I went to the internet. thats when I found this wonderfully drawn out list of instructions. So the next day I went to the local auto parts store and purchased a new set of lights while I was waiting for my replacements to arrive. I went and installed the lights. The following day I went and unplugged the DRL harness. This was a ten minute operation at most.

Thank you legacygt.com. You were a huge help. I will be a reader from now on.

Greg

• 1 month later...

Yeah I had the same situation, but when I pulled the plug the website was down. I freaking sacred, I said a f#$@ and yanked the white one. Lucky my phone finnaly connected with the site, and I was sure. mod time 5 min, time spent worrying if I did it right 2 hours.

HID are in now 4300K legal white/ yellow