LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

no, if you pull the white connector out you get no high beams/cruise control. You wanna pull the connector out, use a small flathead screwdriver to pop the male end open so you can unplug the wire instead of cut it, close the male end up and plug it back in. That's what I did.

And it's the blue-and-black wire. That's the only one you need to d/c. You probably want to cover it with something, just in case. Then plug the white connector back in.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

no, if you pull the white connector out you get no high beams/cruise control. You wanna pull the connector out, use a small flathead screwdriver to pop the male end open so you can unplug the wire instead of cut it, close the male end up and plug it back in. That's what I did.

Hmm, must be a change from '06 to '07. I just pulled the white connector

as shown in the original post, and my cruise and high-beams stil work fine.

I'm not good enough at navigating the vacation pix to figure out what

else might be on that connector (there's no way I know of to view ALL

the pins on a single connector, and the schematics seem to say it might

be either B96 or B242) but it sure seems like a lot of wires to not mess

something else up (to unplug it).

Edited by RustyShackleford

So i cut the black-blue wire and now everything works well and the DRLs dont work anymore the way i want them, Thank you for the help. I have done another mod to my car that is kinda cool... I can turn on my fog lights with my parking lights not head lights the way the foctory had it set up so here is the link to where to find the how to of doing this mod to your lights. Good luck.

Hmm, must be a change from '06 to '07. I just pulled the white connector

as shown in the original post, and my cruise and high-beams stil work fine.

I'm not good enough at navigating the vacation pix to figure out what

else might be on that connector (there's no way I know of to view ALL

the pins on a single connector, and the schematics seem to say it might

be either B96 or B242) but it sure seems like a lot of wires to not mess

something else up (to unplug it).

Correct, it is different for 05&06 than for 07+.

(edit - this is for 2005 and 2006 models only)

This walkthrough shows you exactly where everything is, and also how to remove fasteners and parts without breaking anything.

Green arrows, DRL module

Red arrows, panel attachments

1. Lower the panel above the pedals

1. There are three plastic attachments for the lower panel. For the two in each side, turn counterclockwise 90 degrees, and the screw head part will pop out, now you can grab it by hand and pull it out completey.
  2. The middle attachment you must use firm pressure on to pull it out.

2. You will see the DRL module on the firewall with a white and black connector. If you can read the green sticker on the top it will say "DRL" on it.

3. Pull the white connector out only, secure it so it does not rattle, perhaps with a zip-tie as shown

4. Put the panel back.

1. Just push the middle attachment back in
  2. With the "screw head" part of the black attachments extended, push it into the two holes on the sides. Then push the screw head in to lock it into place.

Another '08 with a clean front end. THANKS!! They were driving me crazy. The only thing I could tell that was disconnected with the white plug was the High Beam indicator light. I pulled the blue wire and plugged it back in, though.

Thanks again. :icon_chee

I have done another mod to my car that is kinda cool... I can turn on my fog lights with my parking lights not head lights the way the foctory had it set up so here is the link to where to find the how to of doing this mod to your lights. Good luck.

LINK? :confused: LINK? :confused:

Boxer2.5power, where is the link? :confused:

Hey sorry about that guys i must just have forgotten to put the link in. Well anyways here is the link...

http://www.moojohn.com/subaru/fogmod.html

On your car the fog light relay might be some other on so make sure it is the right one before you cut the wire cause like on my 07 GT the fog light relay was on the very top right corner not the bottom like they show that web page. Just pull out the relay and see if the fog lights still work if they work then not the right one pull the next one... That's how i found mine. Good luck guys...

^ No, there should not be an impact on the lows, from unplugging the DRLs.

I wonder if there's a secondary issue that's causing your low-beam concerns?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Hello all - I just ordered a HID kit for my 09 2.5i. Looking at it, it seems to me that my DRLs are a separate bulb, so is there any reason why I would need or want to disable my DRLs when I do the HIDs? I see a lot of folks have done this but I really don't see the reason. Any insight??

thanks

Jon

Does unplugging the DRLs dim the lowbeam headlights at night? My lights are very dim for some reason

When I unplugged my '08 I thought my high beams were a little dimmer then usual ... so I pulled just the wire out of the harness and replaced the plug, which seemed to fix it. Maybe that will fix your issue?

Hi, well on your 09 legacy the DRL is your high beam running at low power same as on 08 legacy but 05-07 legacy its the actual regular head lights running on little lower power and that is why guys with the year 05-07 unplug it but as for you you dont need to. An the meaning of HID is high intensity discharge... always a nice upgrade.

Hi, well on your 09 legacy the DRL is your high beam running at low power same as on 08 legacy but 05-07 legacy its the actual regular head lights running on little lower power and that is why guys with the year 05-07 unplug it but as for you you dont need to. An the meaning of HID is high intensity discharge... always a nice upgrade.

So you're saying for 05-07 folks that simply unplugging the DRL is fine,

we don't need to worry our headlites are dimmer ?

• 3 weeks later...
My last vehicle was a 2000 GMC Sierra with auto DRL's and auto headlamps. I was so used to that! A couple of months ago I drove to work in the dark with only my DRL's on. Yes, it was my fault. After starting the car I put the garbage can out on the curb then came back to the car and was thinking the headlights were already on. It's 22 miles to work. Just glad I didn't get in a wreck or ticketed. Also glad (being sarcastic now) that nobody tried to get my attention, either. Yeah, this car is 5 years newer than my last vehicle and the older one had auto headlamps. I liked the old way better. Now have disabled DRL's and seatbelt chime. Will use headlights when necessary. BTW, Texas (and I've driven all over the state) construction zones do not have signs posted that headlights should be on. I do slow down and watch out for falling objects...

So you're saying for 05-07 folks that simply unplugging the DRL is fine,

we don't need to worry our headlites are dimmer ?

Not 07. That's for 05 & 06. For 07 it changed to just the blue-and-black wire.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...