LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

• 2 weeks later...
Yes....when you put your high beams on, it will turn off the fogs. that is normal.

when my light is at "off" mode, I flashed my highbeam, the low beam came on too.. is that normal as well? is there anyway I can flash only high beam, cuz my HID wil be on too :(

I just leave my lights on, so when I turn on the car everything comes on. I like knowing that I have bulbs on all around, there are way to many blind people driving and I want to give my self a fighting chance to be seen.

• 1 month later...
I installed some HIDs today and had flickering issue when I had the lights off. This confused me cause I thought I was going to just loose my DRL's when I installed the kit. I found this thread and I did unplug the correct plug, I believe. Now my DRL's are off, there is no more flicker and the head light is fine. Now the AIR BAG warning light is lit on my dash! Help please!

• 3 weeks later...
Excellent mod, solved my subwoofer feedback as well. I noticed when i took my e-brake off and my DRL's switched on i would get a bit of low frequency feedback through my subwoofer. No that my DRL's are disabled the feedback has gone away!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
thanks for showing the pics where they are removed it in my work parking lot that easy. If any one looking for HID kit go to vvme.com good site cheap prices and they look good

yep, some guys are not so familiar about which hid kit do they need to fit to their Subaru..... what for low beam, what for high beam and what for fog lights.....

anyone can find the proper hid to fit to their Subaru car (no matter what car model, which year.)))

http://www.vvme.com/page.html?chapter=5&id=70

:spin:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just to confirm this for the 09 - I did this on my 2009 legacy 2.5i:

1) Pop off the lower dash cover (two push-screws and 1 push pin in the middle)

2) Look inside - there's a box labeled "DRL Module", I don't remember the exact name. It has a black and a white harness plugged into it.

3) Pull the white harness.

4) Find blue/black wire - pull it out.

5) Done!

how do you pull the blue/black wire? I pulled on it, but wouldnt come out.

Edited by htioki

It has a tab locking it in place. You have to go into the tab area with a VERY tiny flathead screwdriver, release the tab, then pull the wire. It takes effort and patience.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Good illustration here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-2007-drl-hid-help-42292p2.html

Post #67. It was a long time ago, but I still remember that it was a p.i.t.a. I think part of the key is to push in the wire (opposite of pulling it out) THEN disengage the tab.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 3 weeks later...

That's kinda funny... So you have your radio on, reception is good. Turn lights on, radio reception suddenly dies?

The only thing I could think of (off the top of my head) is that the radio antennae (or a speaker wire) is really close to the power source wire of your HIDs.

But that seems ridiculous...

I searched this thread and found no other mention of reception going bad. You sure you only disconnected that 1 white plug?

Yeah i just crawled back under the dash to double check. The black plug is the only thing plugged in and it seems to be a secure fit. I looked around but didnt notice anything else unplugged that shouldnt be.. The only thing i have changed as per instructions with my HID kit was to swap the healight fuses to 20AMP..

• 2 weeks later...

Well my DRLs are disabled too (just unplugged the one white connector). Easy as could be. So far, everything else is working normally.

I would think maybe your ballasts are close to an antenna wire? Or a power source wire for the headlights is close to the antenna. I'm not even sure where the antenna on this car is, actually...

• 2 weeks later...