LegacyGT.com

DRL Disable, in 10 minutes

Read thru a bit but didn't see it ...does the drl light in the dash go off as well...i don't mind the headlights on but the dash light is annoying. Im half tempted to take my cluster apart and remove the bulbs or whatever just because i keep thinking somethings wrong when i look down...really stupid design

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by LeggyMom

Well, I don't know how it is for you guys, but in the GT model, the instrument display is a "black out" style. Without illumination, you coulnd't see how fast you were going or how much gas you had.

Ah, you're right... :redface: Guess that wouldn't work too well :icon_frow

Never mind!

Easy to implement. Leave all of the red rings around instruments off until headlights are switched on. Gauges are still lit. It's an appreciable difference, and SOA could do it or peanuts. Good way to indicate to driver whether lights are on or off.

Mail checks to me please.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
(edit - this is for 2005 and 2006 models only)

This walkthrough shows you exactly where everything is, and also how to remove fasteners and parts without breaking anything.

Green arrows, DRL module

Red arrows, panel attachments

1. Lower the panel above the pedals

1. There are three plastic attachments for the lower panel. For the two in each side, turn counterclockwise 90 degrees, and the screw head part will pop out, now you can grab it by hand and pull it out completey.
  2. The middle attachment you must use firm pressure on to pull it out.

2. You will see the DRL module on the firewall with a white and black connector. If you can read the green sticker on the top it will say "DRL" on it.

3. Pull the white connector out only, secure it so it does not rattle, perhaps with a zip-tie as shown

4. Put the panel back.

1. Just push the middle attachment back in
  2. With the "screw head" part of the black attachments extended, push it into the two holes on the sides. Then push the screw head in to lock it into place.

thanks for showing the pics where they are removed it in my work parking lot that easy. If any one looking for HID kit go to vvme.com good site cheap prices and they look good

• 3 weeks later...
I called the Subaru dealer, they said they are not allowed to do it...:spin: and I wrote the email, asking where the cable is located. They did not reply yet, I guess they ignore that kinda questions. I feel desparate :redface:, cus i have to turn the HID head light on all the time.

Same location, it's just a single wire instead of the whole unit. I think it's the blue and black wire. There's another thread where an 07 owner found the right wire, and those are the instructions I followed.

Edit: Wrong, it's in this thread, one page back. It's just a matter of disconnecting the blue and black wire in the housing described for the 05-06 models.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 1 month later...
I have a 2004 non-GT Legacy, are the wires in the same location... ? I've never done any of this stuff and just got my Legacy last week. Any help is appreciated, I want rid of these DRLs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
hmm.... didn't test that part out. i dont do much night driving. i will test it out. plus i have eyelines.... so really the only dif between my low and high beams is that the high go wider left and right to let me see more of the sides of the road.