LegacyGT.com

Crucial Downpipe install!

Guest *Jedimaster*

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like what I am reading about Crucial parts, but don't like the fact that it looks like they forgot to pay their ISP bill:

www.crucialracing.com

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on guys, marketing is EVERYTHING!!!!!

They should have not let this happen...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

P.S. I have also been thinking seriously about Crucial for my UP/DP mods in the near future...

:lol::lol::lol:

Come on guys, marketing is EVERYTHING!!!!!

They should have not let this happen...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

P.S. I have also been thinking seriously about Crucial for my UP/DP mods in the near future...

We didn't let it happen, we made it happen. Inventory is on the way to the new owner of Crucial. We can't very well take orders with the inventory in the air between the east and west coasts.

i have a question

i'm gonna get a UTEC within a month or 2

i got a HKS downpipe from WRX and i was gonna install it next week

when i get my e-cut out.

do i have to get a tune?

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Guest *Jedimaster*
i have a question

i'm gonna get a UTEC within a month or 2

i got a HKS downpipe from WRX and i was gonna install it next week

when i get my e-cut out.

do i have to get a tune?

Wrong thread?

I would not advise touching it to find out :lol:. Considering how extremely hot the stock piece or any aftermarket bare steel downpipe gets, even if the cerametallic coating keeps in 75% of the heat, it's going to burn you....

Anyway, I picked up a really nice infrared thermometer earlier this week. Reads accurately up to 999* F. I'm planning on doing some tests to get actual data on the difference in surface temperature between the Crucial pipe and a bare steel pipe in different circumstances.....

Jeremy

Guest *Jedimaster*
jedi: how hot does the pipe get with the coating? i.e. cool enough to touch after a drive?

I'll drive over and let you touch it if you want :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
You have me wondering now- later on I'll try touching it after a drive. I'll be sure to post pix of the blisters. :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
nothing like a good double entendre.... lol

You should hear my inner dialogue when someone makes a thread aobut a downpipe and gives it a title like "I'm really loving this dp" :lol:

Guest *Jedimaster*
OK- I was under the hood putting in my strutbar brace and had just come back from a ~ 30 minutes drive. I licked my finger, touched the downpipe and it was hot, but not enough to sizzle the spit off my finger. Tried the same finger with spit on the turbo and there's definitely a difference- that thing was like 4 times hotter than the coated downpipe. Not very scientific, but hey- I'm a Mythbusters fan :lol:

Archived