LegacyGT.com

No more kill stories

Tide

This is why I don't post on Naisoc. You WRX people are a bunch of asses. If Tide had put it like that, I wouldn't be back today. But who the hell are you?

You've never used that turbo Subaru to take someone out on the road? You're a damn hyprocrite.

--

Jedi, I'm really surprised at your statement. Could have swore I've seen you post on some kill stories.

dude. you need to stop assuming.

as i learned in 2nd grade when you assume you make an ass out of you and........

you.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *Jedimaster*
Let's quit with the name calling please. Many of us owned WRX's (or still do).....I did and am offended by your comment. You can't make generalizations about owners of a certain vehicle.

Besides....everyone knows it pointless to post about street racing. T3h SRT-4 is teh f45t4r!1!

:dm:

:lol: Sorry man- love the username :lol:

Let's quit with the name calling please. Many of us owned WRX's (or still do).....I did and am offended by your comment. You can't make generalizations about owners of a certain vehicle.

Besides....everyone knows it pointless to post about street racing. T3h SRT-4 is teh f45t4r!1!

:dm:

+1!

Nasioc and Legacygt are both great sites for the Subaru community. There is a wealth of knowledge out there and we should all help each other out.

Whitestar Pilot, you bash WRX drivers but we're the ones who have been modding our Subarus for the past 3 years. There are a lot of experienced people out there that Legacy GT owners should be talking to and asking questions. I'm grateful to all the 2.5 RS guys that helped me when I bought my WRX.

I say, it is Tide's site, and I support his decisions. If it were not for him, this site would not even be here. There is so much good info, some useless info, but in general, this site has been helpful to me in problem solving and getting advice about my modifications. Not everything is related to power....or needs to be.

Honestly if he didn't make it someone else would of. I'm sure as a result of this someone might decide to make their own board-it happens all the time. As snobby as it might sound it's good to showboat every once in a while, as far as im concerned thats part of being a guy( us mostly being men) . Why the hell would anyone buy a legacy GT if they didn't have intentions of testing its limits safely a few times? I haven't seen one street racing accident here, the fact that other boards are plagued with them says a lot.

This is why I don't post on Naisoc. You WRX people are a bunch of asses. If Tide had put it like that, I wouldn't be back today. But who the hell are you?

You've never used that turbo Subaru to take someone out on the road? You're a damn hyprocrite.

--

Jedi, I'm really surprised at your statement. Could have swore I've seen you post on some kill stories.

If it weren't for "us WRX people" you wouldn't have a turbo legacy. Who the hell am I? I'm someone who wants to promote the Subaru name/brand/clubs and I'm someone who believes that having street racing threads on club sites makes us all look like a bunch of 17 year old idiots. Who are you?

No I haven't I haven't used my turbo Subaru to "take someone out." I've never seriously raced anyone on a public road. It simply isn't worth it. I live in NJ and cops are CRAWLING all over the place. Kids rev at me all the time. Ricers hang next to me and try to make me race. I don't do it.

Have I enjoyed the power of my 280whp? Sure have, but I've only been over 80mph like 3 times and it was never in a race situation. I keep my fun on the track, then again going fast in a straight line has never appealed to me.

You don't know me, so don't even TRY to call me a hypocrite.

I don't know why if people bring these posts up in court you can't just say you were saying it to be 'cool'. There are plenty of liars out there, why couldn't we all be one?

i.e. My car runs 11s... I put 30,000 of work in it.

Now thats a lie, is subaru going to deny my claim because I said that?

Honestly if he didn't make it someone else would of. I'm sure as a result of this someone might decide to make their own board-it happens all the time. As snobby as it might sound it's good to showboat every once in a while, as far as im concerned thats part of being a guy( us mostly being men) . Why the hell would anyone buy a legacy GT if they didn't have intentions of testing its limits safely a few times? I haven't seen one street racing accident here, the fact that other boards are plagued with them says a lot.

I agree with you on that to some degree. If you really want to test the limits of your car, you should do it on the track. Much safer then the road and if you crash, you crash into some tires or a sand pit. Less chance of hitting/crashing any bystandards.

So people will stop racing when an accident happens? Nah.

I'm just saying that people need to stop saying... "oh! i just raced X and X car and I won or lost on the street. i showed him my webos are bigger then his/hers." That is the attitude that I personally don't think is necessary. Street race, fine. It's illegal, nothing anyone can do can make you stop from doing it. But don't go around saying that you (in general) are the ones who own the road etc....

Also, the cops and other authorities go and look at these boards too. This is a public forum. Any of this stuff could be used against people in any form of jurisdiction.

I do all of my racing at tracks, either the drag strip or AutoX. There was one time some guy challenged me to a roll race, and I was going to accept, but then we cancelled it due to situations with the popo in the median. The only other contest of speed I've engaged in was when I was trying to pass that slow guy and a Cavalier tried to get the jump on me. :rolleyes:

I do like to hear about the stories (some are rather interesting/funny), though I don't condone the action.

If you can show me one person that has had their warranty voided as a result of SOA viewing this site, it might at least prove a point. As for the thread of the guy " driving fast" while moving the cars is a tool. I feel bad he got fired, but come on, would you like it if he was the one beating on your car without it broken in? Problems he might cause affects subaru's integrity. I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here turned him in and subaru wasnt really watchin at all :rolleyes: . The only time I have every seen evidence used in court was when this guy on a bike put false plates on it and would run from the cops for fun, COp who was an enthusiast recognized it and they eventually busted him, granted he bragged about it every single day on a local forum.

The only time I have every seen evidence used in court...

See, that's the point. You haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I worked for a law firm for 2 years that dealt with electronic evidence like this all the time. The internet is being used more and more to prosecute. You can't tell me that you haven't heard about the people who have been fined for downloading music online. This is no different. You can be found and you can be prosecuted.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

I know for a fact that police monitor one board I used to be involved with. It was uncanny how every meet ended up being visited by the police to make sure there wasn't any street racing going on. They ended up having to post locations that were nowhere near where they planned to meet and then PM each other for the true location. It's not that they were doing anything super illegal, they just didn't need a babysitter. Granted, that was a local board and it was local police monitoring it, but it's only a matter of time before it becomes more common on larger boards. Not posting your illegal activites online is just good advice.

OCDETAILS BLOG

See, that's the point. You haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I worked for a law firm for 2 years that dealt with electronic evidence like this all the time. The internet is being used more and more to prosecute. You can't tell me that you haven't heard about the people who have been fined for downloading music online. This is no different. You can be found and you can be prosecuted.

OK since you have seen it, tell me about a case where a car maufacturer has voided someones warranty through this board or another Subaru board. How you can compare this to downloading music is beyond me. RIAA announced it would be busting people and there were lawsuits against the people who continued to do it. I'm sure they get the person's IP through the p2p network so again I dont see how its relevant. I might be a little ignorant but don't mind me, I'm just saying what I think.

OK since you have seen it, tell me about a case where a car maufacturer has voided someones warranty through this board or another Subaru board.

This was indeed done on Nabisco. Somebody on this board was involved. It's not fair for me to share that info, since they haven't made it public themselves. Do we really need to prove it to you?

I don't have an example like the one you are looking for, but bear with me for a second. I'm not trying to argue, but imagine this situation. I can tell you for a fact that something similar to this has happened before.

You tell the dealership that you read on this forum of the ECU fix.

The dealership goes online and peruses the threads.

They see where you have posted about your experiences with the dealership and they recognize the issues.

Then they read about where you have modified your car in such a way that it affects your warranty.

They save every page they see you post in for future reference and note it in the computer.

You come in with a problem that may or may not be caused by your modifications and they wave the posts in your face. Warranty work is denied and they suggest you find a lawyer to fight them about it.

You find a lawyer. They find a lawyer. Their lawyer subpoenas TIDE for your IP information and they download every post you have made.

You lose the case after the dealership does very specific inspections on your car and spot the tool marks that give away your modifications. End of story.

That is a very possible scenario on how what you post here can cause you trouble. I've been an admin on other sites and I know what it is like to get a subpoena for threads that are needed for a lawsuit. It is hassle and drama that no admin wants. Running the site is hard enough, but once the liability of letting people say whatever they want starts to affect you, then rules start changing.

The bottom line is that if you want to post your kill stories or street racing experiences or how illegally modifiying your car for street use is done, then start your own board and go nuts. It's not hard to do and it can make you some money if you do it right.

OCDETAILS BLOG

My take on the matter (FWIW), I enjoy reading stories and the like as many other members do. However, what decisions a person makes and any resulting aftermath should be the resposibility of THAT person. That goes for modding, racing, or whatever. It's unfortunate that in a forum such as this that things can "come back to bite you", but if it's yours to take, then accept it. Few of us do things not knowing what could happen in the end, so we such be as willing to deal with the consequences as we were to do "it" the first place without making others suffer for it. My 2 cents.
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

Guest *Jedimaster*
This was indeed done on Nabisco. Somebody on this board was involved. It's not fair for me to share that info, since they haven't made it public themselves. Do we really need to prove it to you?

Not to mention Mitsubishi!

Too long to read, there's no use debating it anyway the threads are already edited or whatever. Everyone has their own reasoning which is understandable.

I guess I can't post my 0-65 ( speed limit) race with a v8 stang last night :lol:

OCDetails is right boys and girls...

Just because you haven't SEEN it for yourself doesn't mean it can't happen to you. Fine then, nevermind the legal implications, most posters to this thread seem more concerned with voiding their warranty than getting prosecuted for traffic offenses. We all have SEEN how nasty Subie can be with voiding warranties in the past. What makes you think they wouldn't be proactive to prevent fraudulent warranty claims or protect their interests in general?

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

You simply posting something like that on a forum isn't enough to convict you of racing. Now if you have a video of you racing, and you post on here that you did, your uncle's cousin's brother's daughter saw you racing, and you drive a civic with a 8 ft wing on it with a Maxwell House coffee can as your muffler....you might have a problem. Then again i never posted anything in that section anyways so let it go..we still have the rest of the site..:lol:

Archived