LegacyGT.com

No more kill stories

Tide

Tide, I know this is *your* forum, and you can do "safely" what you like...but I would really miss the topic.

My problem....no place within 100 miles to go to the dragstrip, no track events within 200 miles....and since I have had my LGT(6 months), I have only seen ONE other LGT.

The only "fun" I have had has been with an older Lincoln and a Tiburon...neither one worth talking about even on the "other cars" forum.

But! I watch that forum like a hawk because then I know how the LGT stacks up against other cars on the street....and I spend *all* my driving time on the street, not at the strip or track.

As far as I am concerned, most of the posts in that forum could be pure fantasy in terms of legality....just cause you said you did it, doesn't mean you did....:rolleyes:

I would really miss that one...everything else except dyno charts and scanned

drag slips is just bench racing.

Cheers, dave:(

Drive softly and carry big torque!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I missed this, but what brought this about? If it's a case of a few people posting irresponsible threads (racing with kids in the car) I can understand that. Don't agree with that at all. But like someone had suggested above, why not make the rules for posting there more strict?

Again, how do other forums get away with doing it? Anything we can learn from them?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Again, how do other forums get away with doing it? Anything we can learn from them?

Nabisco allows them in OT only. Those who post must wear one of these:

http://www.fireweld.com.sg/Safety/Bristol/Suit1.jpg

:lol: this thread rocks.

Wah wah wah, it's not my site but I'm mad b/c I can't post about how I acted like a ricer and made someone in a crappy car feel stupid.

Street racing is irresponsible and DANGEROUS!!!

Street racing is considered idiotic by most of people on the road. Only ricers think it's cool to zip down the free way to prove the worth of their cars. Is that the kind of reputation we want to encourage on this site or for the subaru community in general?

:rolleyes:

Seems with a little more regulation this could be done. Whether SOA reads the boards is irrelevant to me, my car is stock. IF you want to post your mods that's your business and your risk.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Back to Reality?

I just reread almost every post on this thread and understand even better why it probably needs to be done...but.

Why did I buy an LGT?...cause a guy in an Outback wagon ate my SVT after about 60mph.

Why did I buy a SUBARU LGT?

PERFORMANCE, SPORTS, SEDAN....did I miss something in the Subaru commercials?

Have I missed something in the commercials for GTO's, BMW's or Corvette's?

I don't think so.

What does SPT mean?

Subaru Performance Tuning.....did I misunderstand something here? I don't think so.

What are we doing to our cars when we say "modding"....what is the last word of SPT mean?

If I'm not supposed to be able to improve my Subaru's great performance, then why does the FACTORY offer stuff to do it with?

Disgusted, dave:mad:

Drive softly and carry big torque!

Whether SOA reads the boards is irrelevant to me, my car is stock.

Even bone stock, if you need to file a warranty claim and Subaru can prove (through a post made here) that you 'raced' (even legally on the track), the warranty can be denied.

The decision made for this board right now is to not allow posts about illicit behavior (street racing), plain and simple.

:lol: this thread rocks.

Wah wah wah, it's not my site but I'm mad b/c I can't post about how I acted like a ricer and made someone in a crappy car feel stupid.

Street racing is irresponsible and DANGEROUS!!!

Street racing is considered idiotic by most of people on the road. Only ricers think it's cool to zip down the free way to prove the worth of their cars. Is that the kind of reputation we want to encourage on this site or for the subaru community in general?

:lol: ok, that's funny and yes you are right. No, that's not how we want to be percieved. Don't forget that some people do enjoy "spirited" driving; even it's on ones own. I am a responsible parent/adult who WILL NOT race with my 2 young children in the car, but on the occasion that I like to let loose doesn't make me a "ricer". Don't make generalizations like that.

That being said, jokers who make posts about racing through traffic, etc. have probably ruined it for the rest of us.

Even bone stock, if you need to file a warranty claim and Subaru can prove (through a post made here) that you 'raced' (even legally on the track), the warranty can be denied.

Oh,:rolleyes: yeah, forgot about that. Good point.

c-lo,

i agree with you on that point. but spirited driving isn't street racing. i think we all know the difference. I like to let my WRX stretch it's legs on some backroads up by me. I never attacked that.

I attacked the mentality of "oh look it's a civic i'm gonna race it to 100mph (which is not safe on public roads, I don't care how good of a driver people think they are) just because I know I can beat it.

I guess I just get ammused when I see people crying about how they can't post about how their four door family sedan beat an integra. And then they get hostile towards the forum owner and claim "but I can do it on other sites, this is awful!"

Don't like it? Go buy some web space and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I'm just completely disgusted.

This is the first website I always hit when I get online. Its a total shame that a few snobs are able to influence Tide into ruining it.

I don't even understand why those who would complain about the kill stories would even read them in the first place. These people are like home-owners association presidents or something. Scum. They get a kick out of telling other people what they can and can't get by with.

people are not being snobs. they are being responsible. you need to realize that.

i don't care if you go around racing whatever. something WILL happen and you guys will go around blaming everything else just not yourselfs.

it doesn't matter if its the first site you hit or the last one. street racing is not something that should be condoned.

i drive around quick on some backroads with no one on them too but not with the intention to go and beat some other car. some people need to just mature.

c-lo,

i agree with you on that point. but spirited driving isn't street racing. i think we all know the difference. I like to let my WRX stretch it's legs on some backroads up by me. I never attacked that.

I attacked the mentality of "oh look it's a civic i'm gonna race it to 100mph (which is not safe on public roads, I don't care how good of a driver people think they are) just because I know I can beat it.

I guess I just get ammused when I see people crying about how they can't post about how their four door family sedan beat an integra. And then they get hostile towards the forum owner and claim "but I can do it on other sites, this is awful!"

Don't like it? Go buy some web space and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

true that.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I advocated for the eliminating kill stories thing. I believe it could be a liability for the board and for the people posting them. Search around on the web and see what kinds of things people have posted about and gotten into hot water for.

Hmm i dunno about you guys but here even if there is video footage of your car racing, it's inadmissable in court. Santa Clause could have been driving that car. Street racing is classified as two cars engaging in a race with a marked finish, at least it is here.

And please remember...street racing is bad mmmkay ;)

Rules and laws are created to protect the majority from the minority - protecting us from the idiots of the world. We're all grown-ups here lets try and act like it. If you have an "exciting story" from the road, keep it to yourself. I generally do for precisely the same reason that Tide has created this new rule. I don't want to get in hot-water with the police, Subaru, or my girlfriend for 10 seconds of ill-planned fun I had in my car.

I'm covering my own ass, way to cover yours Tide. :cool:

Here's hoping this site stays around for a while!

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

c-lo,

This is why I don't post on Naisoc. You WRX people are a bunch of asses. If Tide had put it like that, I wouldn't be back today. But who the hell are you?

You've never used that turbo Subaru to take someone out on the road? You're a damn hyprocrite.

--

Jedi, I'm really surprised at your statement. Could have swore I've seen you post on some kill stories.

Jarrod, that could be true, but, if you admit to racing in a written post, and they can trace your post back to to you (and they will), it's a party-admission; could be admissible in court as evidence. There is no such thing as a priviledged communication between a Defendant and his/her favorite website:lol:

Like I just said, keep your mouth shut, and if you really, really can't - sure as hell don't put it writing.

(don't get me wrong, I act like an idiot sometimes too, but I'm always glad I didn't get busted - I plead with myself never to do it again, hasn't worked yet)

- "I've worked with better, but not many."

You WRX people are a bunch of asses.

Let's quit with the name calling please. Many of us owned WRX's (or still do).....I did and am offended by your comment. You can't make generalizations about owners of a certain vehicle.

Besides....everyone knows it pointless to post about street racing. T3h SRT-4 is teh f45t4r!1!

:dm:

Archived