LegacyGT.com

No more kill stories

Tide

Starting today we'll be no longer allowing kill stories that do not occur on either a drag strip or race track. We all know street racing is illegal, and it's discussion here can have legal repercussions for the poster and myself as well. I have previously in the past been subpeona'd for member activity on another website I used to run. It's something I'd rather not go through again. Also I'd like to point out that posting and bragging about your kill can also be used as evidence against you in a court of law (and has, as I've read on other forums).

Cheers,

Tide

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Far be it from me to question your motives and actions - it's your site and you obviously have the right to run it as you see fit. And understandably so when it comes to illegal and dangerous activities such as street racing where you can get dragged into criminal and/or civil lawsuits.

Regarding the recent stepping up of code enforcement in California, would it not also be prudent to limit posting of modifications to vehicle exhaust systems? These modifications are in violation of Federal laws, and the authorities in California have made it clear that they are going to be aggressive in enforcement of these laws, mainly as a way of stifling the street racing problem.

Using their interesting chain of logic, engine modifications = street racer = fines and/or jail time. Following the same course of thought that has brought you to ban street racing topics, could you not one day be asked to provide IP addresses for anyone who has posted about exhaust mods?

Something to think about...

Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

Will you be deleting all previous postings related to this subject to inhibit the use of this private information? This action will also prevent us from making new replies to old kill stories. The "killing" of this information will help keep you from being subpeona'd over any person's actions on this website. Another thing to think about.

Let's not talk about modding our vehicles either, it can cause them to travel @ high speeds. Therefore breaking laws & endangering other people.....

Do you all see where this is going?

It's a shame:(

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I guess the street racing posts were getting a little excessive anyway and far fetched at times. Not that I would be able to post anything, because I'm still stock. Next time I race a tricycle at the track, I'll be sure to post the results.

Seriously though, "motorsports" would be the thread to post track stuff at now right?

You do Know that there are dealerships that view this site correct? Post your time slips.....take pictures of your nice cars.....Get your warranty voided for tracking it:(

My warranty went out the door with less than 3k on the ODO but several users go to tracks with stock cars & post the info.....

Just my .02

Tide, can you be more specific as to what constitutes as a kill story/street racing.

I consider:

- lining up at a light

- reving at or getting reved at

- launching when it turns green

street racing but I don't consider:

- light turns green

- I take off easy

- someone in the far right lane comes barrelling down

- I decide to match his speed to see how fast I'm

street racing.

So what is it?

I keed I keeed

Perhaps we should come up with another word other than "kill":rolleyes:

and maybe we could refer to them as foot chases.:lol:

oh well, that's too bad, but completely understand.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

You do Know that there are dealerships that view this site correct? Post your time slips.....take pictures of your nice cars.....Get your warranty voided for tracking it:(

My warranty went out the door with less than 3k on the ODO but several users go to tracks with stock cars & post the info.....

Just my .02

Not to mention the insurance companies, God forbid !

Unrelated subject. It's legal in most states to modify your vehicle and its legal everywhere to modify it for off road use. Please stick to the topic posted.

Let's not talk about modding our vehicles either, it can cause them to travel @ high speeds. Therefore breaking laws & endangering other people.....

Do you all see where this is going?

It's a shame:(

Take a look at the forum right now....not much interesting is there? Tide it is a totally related subject.....I know I take mine off road every day! Any way this is like p*ssing into a tornado it's going no-where.........I'M OUT:(

Guys.....the number of threads about street racing was getting out of control. Besides, It's dumb to document that you are breaking the law, period. Given that the owner of this board doesn't want to get called into court only for your enjoyment, I don't think it's that bid a deal. A rule about street racing threads (or lack thereof) is pretty standard on most auto forums.

"off road" means taking it off public roads. What you do in your driveway is your business. What you do on unmarked trails in the wilderness is your business too. What you do on the track is a little regulated, but nothing like the street.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived