LegacyGT.com

2015 Subaru WRX STI Spy Shots

spc2125

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"But what i fear is, how easy will it be for regular Impreza owners,to make their car look like a WRX while it not being one?"

That's nothing new?

Exactly, Mustang drivers have been slapping GT-R decals on their cars for quite a while now, as have WRX owners and their STI decals.

• 4 weeks later...
Go check out nasioc. It isn't an issue, the issue is that people putting WRX or STI parts on a regular Impreza that isn't a WRX or an STI to begin with. That=posers i get that on older model N/A's they had a hood with a hood scoop on them from the factory but people doing it on the newer ones just irritates me. I hate posers.

Posers are a necessary evil. Money from sales of lesser models contributes to R&D money for performance vehicles.

-Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT3

1981 Chevrolet C10 LWB

What happened to it being on it's own unique and dedicated platform? is it because they,decided it wouldn't make business sense or would an all new platform drive up the price? it doesn't look shorter than the new Impreza,it looks to be about the same size and length. So will it share body parts with the Impreza after all then? The BRZ is on it's own unique platform,and has it's own unique interior,so why can't the all new WRX get it's own unique design? it's not a bad thing that it's going to still be based on the Impreza platform, since it will still keep the cost hopefully the same as it's always been. But what i fear is, how easy will it be for regular Impreza owners,to make their car look like a WRX while it not being one? i'm hoping the new car will have it's own unique front and rear design and interior. Hopefully a unique trunk,rear design and taillights and alot of unique parts so much so that Impreza owners couldn't just slap on parts if they tried.

I believe that the BRZ actually shares the Impreza platform. From what I have researched there is really only 2 (not counting the curent Impreza WRX platform) platforms, Impreza: which has the Forester, and BRZ. Again compare the 2012 Impreza concept and the new WRX concept this should lead you to the answer of them being closer than people were led to believe. Legacy: which has the Outback and Tribeca. It makes sense

from a business standpoint.

I believe that the BRZ actually shares the Impreza platform.

Incorrect. Completely unique platform built from the ground up.

Subaru did the engineering and development of  the chassis and powertrain, and Toyota handled the design.

Subaru did the engineering and development of  the chassis and powertrain, and Toyota handled the design.

Is there any validity to this? I'm curious because I've never been able to find sources saying who did what. It's also Toyota's D-4S fuel injection system under hood, even though it's clearly Subaru's engine.

Incorrect. Completely unique platform built from the ground up.

It's a modified Impreza platform.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

Archived