LegacyGT.com

2015 Subaru WRX STI Spy Shots

spc2125

Might that be a turbodiesel Impreza with a sport aero package?
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^That's just a random artist's rendering, not an official Subaru photo.

WRONG!!!!! I took that pic with my phone out of the April edition of Car and Driver so it might look that way to you but I seen this same pic with the actual background with the car at the Tokyo Auto Show and if you look at the pic in the magazine you can see the reflection of a white car in the doors. I forgot where else I seen this pic but I'll find it and post it when I do.

WRONG!!!!! I took that pic with my phone out of the April edition of Car and Driver so it might look that way to you but I seen this same pic with the actual background with the car at the Tokyo Auto Show and if you look at the pic in the magazine you can see the reflection of a white car in the doors. I forgot where else I seen this pic but I'll find it and post it when I do.

To me.. it looks pretty similar to the pic you posted

It's a chopped pic of a base impreza @Tokyo Autoshow. So, yeah, the reflection is real, the pic itself isn't.

To me.. it looks pretty similar to the pic you posted

Imo there not even close, well a little. The front bumper is more edgy with the fog light pockets being larger, the headlights are different, the hood is also different with the front edge not being straight compared to the pic I posted. The fender flares are more aggressive and larger. I don't like the look of the OP's spy photos it looks like a softer version of the generation already out. Maybe it's the confusing vinyl wrap if I stare at it long enough I can see a castle. LOL.

This "mule" also seems to have front seats with 2-piece, separate headrests... leads me to belive this isn't the sti.

http://0.tqn.com/d/cars/1/0/o/k/2/ag_13brz_frtseat.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well I really hope another let down is not instore for us. As much fun as the BRZ is, it was a let down for me as I really think the subaru version should have stuck with the AWD mantra.

Are you really still stuck on that?

AWD would ruin the BRZ.

As for this test car... While it isn't as aggressive as I'd like the current impreza is a much better looking car than the previous one so I'm fairly happy with how the WRX variant looks.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

They are BRZ seats. So Subaru already makes a sport seat with a separate headrest. Not doing so with the WRX cost it a Top Safety Pick rating. I'd be A OK with the BRZ seats in the next STI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the current impreza is a much better looking car than the previous one

Disagree. I was very happy when they launched the current model as it relieved my '08 of the title of ugliest Impreza ever. There is a lot of competition for 2nd place...

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Take a 4th gen Legacy, add some rice stuff, mask the heck out of it and drive it around known areas for test vehicles to get the photos on the web.

Meanwhile continue with the testing elsewhere.

Totally, those twin turbo 4th gens are everywhere around here and that's exactly what they look like minus the camo

Disagree. I was very happy when they launched the current model as it relieved my '08 of the title of ugliest Impreza ever. There is a lot of competition for 2nd place...

of course you feel that way. too bad no one else does.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Read a few of the latest mags ( 3 separate mags that are VERY on top of spy pics and new model information ) that came out here in Japan in the last few days... They are all saying that the yet to be released WRX will have a FA16 motor...

DIT 1.6L Twin Scroll Turbo with 250PS and 30.5 kg-m...

Further.. the photos of the black mule that was shot by car and driver and shown here earlier is said to be a pre-production sedan that is based on the concept displayed at the NYAS - - indeed when I saw the mule and the concept pictures displayed side by side the theory does seem plausible... A good deal of the front of the car ( grill fenders hood ) does seem to match up in rough geometry to the concept... The top mounted oil filter bears out a FA motor as well and I was surprised that they have reported a 150+ kg weight reduction from the current model...

Another interesting tidbit is they are reporting that there will be a "wagon" version of the WRX - and that will be based on the Advanced Tourer Concept car displayed some time back...

I could not discern what they had to say about transmission choice - will have to wait and get the wife to give one of the articles a go...

Also no information with regard to whether there will be a USDM version - this is JDM press so I don't think that they really care if you guys get a sniff...

FWIW for you followers of JDM - the mags were also reporting on the newest R36 GT-R renderings and spy photos - - that thing is going to be a beast and looks VERY euro super car-ish....

Fanboys... When the HELL do the concepts ever look like production models? LOL

This is typical of Subaru design progression and that WILL be very close to the production model.

My disappointment is that the suggestion that the WRX and STi would be on a different platform turned out to be false. I was hoping for something smaller and lighter than the current Impreza, which the concept suggested. The test mule by comparison is just a pig in lipstick. Of course the aggression in the concepts never makes it undiluted to production, certainly not until a facelift version, but I was hoping at least the low roof would make it.

I've been in Imprezas for 14 years and never been less enthusiastic about the next WRX. It looks like something cobbled together by interns let loose on the current slug of a car. No, scrub that. It looks like a Chinese attempt at an Evo copy.

My disappointment is that the suggestion that the WRX and STi would be on a different platform turned out to be false. I was hoping for something smaller and lighter than the current Impreza, which the concept suggested. The test mule by comparison is just a pig in lipstick. Of course the aggression in the concepts never makes it undiluted to production, certainly not until a facelift version, but I was hoping at least the low roof would make it.

I've been in Imprezas for 14 years and never been less enthusiastic about the next WRX. It looks like something cobbled together by interns let loose on the current slug of a car. No, scrub that. It looks like a Chinese attempt at an Evo copy.

This is what I'm initially disappointed in, too. It seems like any WRX news before made mentions of a completely different platform, but I can't help but see a little more resemblances to the Impreza than I'd really coin as "completely different."

Here's hoping it looks a little better with all the wraps off. I can't imagine this is going to change much compared to the production model.

Here's hoping it looks a little better with all the wraps off.

I'm hoping we're all wrong and this is merely a facelift to the current Impreza with a diesel boxer in it. After all, the spy photos were shot in Germany...

Archived