LegacyGT.com

Ecutek Tune for 3.6R (Powha! brought to you by Visconti Tuning)

Actually, the simplest step to take in this would be for somebody with the car to borrow a friends Tactrix 2.0, then get a laptop and install the ecuflash software. Even if it doesn't immediately recognize the car, it will allow you to download the ROM image off the car, and then if you mail it to me, I can see what can and can't be done with ecuedit.

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bump.. I guess Perscitus was the only person do get this done. I'm still interested, but it looks like the support isn't there right now.

I was planning to do get this done in the spring, I guess it should start making plans now.

^^^ I saw an update to this thread, and I thought there was some good news coming.

If enough of us contact Visconti Tuning with a real and check-in-hand request, I'm sure things will move right along.

I am at least 3-6 months away from anything, and that is an "IF". But, then again, a 20whp gain is nothing to sneeze at.

Cheers!

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Thx for the bump and reminder guys. Yes, John (executive branch) and Rich (marketing branch) said they can help us but its been next to impossible to track them down and secure any dyno time.

ItalianLegacy and I have tried, and failed. Multiple times.

We even had a scheduled appointment which fell through.

Rhett has a few e-tune Visconti revisions on his 3.6R down south.

He hasn't been thrilled with the results of this approach, almost down to placebo.

To help this effort - can you please drop a line to Rich and let him know there IS interest? Let him know I sent you.

Rich Piske

Director Sales/Marketing (Visconti Tuning)

(Two Zero One) 477-8863

rich 'at' vtune.us

https://viscontiflash.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

From there, ItalianLegacy and I can try and organize one more dyno session with John and get us updated tunes for both 2010/11 and 2012/13+ 3.6Rs (supposedly the ECUs are a bit different).

Latest numbers I have from my last 93-octane tune (assuming an avg. 25% drivetrain loss) are:

• 302 BHP, 326ft-lbs BTQ
  • 308 BHP, 331ft-lbs BTQ
  • 0-60 mph @ 5.32 sec (using Torque Pro)
  • 0-60 mph @ 5.27 sec (using Torque Pro)

What remains to be done?

• Finalized 2012/13+ 93-octane tune
  • 2010+ 89-octane tunes (so we can switch from Map A and B as needed)
  • MAF vs SD consideration (for anyone who wants to go with a full intake)
  • DBW Throttle remapping (can be done, needs extra time)
  • EcuTek RaceROM (can we benefit from any of the recent features)

Sure, you can mention me by the handle or name (Mike) and ItalianLegacy (Giovanni) too. Rich and John should remember me, I'm the only 5th gen H6 they tuned in person (as far as I know) this past spring on the Mustang dyno @ MR Performance.

Let them know the market is there for them to make some $$$ if they can turn their attention to us for a brief few hours one Tuesday. It might not be GTR, M5, C63, BRZ Turbo money but a few hundred to thousand extra green bills won't hurt, I'm sure.

Like I said in another thread, maybe start looking for a different EcuTek tuner? With the BRZ/FT-86 crowd getting bigger there have to be more tuners getting EcuTek licenses.

Just seems like a huge red flag when a tuner won't even give you the time of day.

Perscitus:

When you did your 0-60 run, did you have your foot on the brake while revving up? And, at what RPM did you dump it. And, I'm assuming you didn't use a one foot rollout, correct?

And, just to share with everyone here, if you are comparing 0-60 times of your vehicles to magazine data for other cars, you can reduce about 0.3 seconds from your 0-60 time.

Almost every and probably all major magazines use a one foot rollout which means that they don't start the timer until the car has traveled one foot. That means they are actually measuring from 3mph to 60 AND they shave ~0.3 seconds off the 0-60 time.

If your car was in a magazine like C&D, Road and Track, Automobile, etc., it would do 0-60 in 4.9 ish seconds!

That's why German cars tend to do better than manufacturer stated numbers when tested by magazines because the don't use a rollout. BMW for example.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Ha ha ha, I doubt I can go sub 5-seconds without more serious mechanical changes and with the 5EAT stock slushbox royally slowing things down (mo valve body upgrades for our gen yet from the forum member in Texas, the guys in NJ do have a valve body upgrade but the cost is high and I'd need to pull it off the car and get it over there, add the turn-around and harshness after the mod and you see why for now I've said 'niet' to it. Still a nice thought.

No roll out, no launch either. I put it in manual mode on a straight and as-level-as-possible stretch of road. Used the paddle shifters and just accelerated from a dead stop. Armed the Torque Pro ahead of time to capture 0-60. All runs with a warmed up engine of course.

Ha ha ha, I doubt I can go sub 5-seconds without more serious mechanical changes and with the 5EAT stock slushbox royally slowing things down (mo valve body upgrades for our gen yet from the forum member in Texas, the guys in NJ do have a valve body upgrade but the cost is high and I'd need to pull it off the car and get it over there, add the turn-around and harshness after the mod and you see why for now I've said 'niet' to it. Still a nice thought.

No roll out, no launch either. I put it in manual mode on a straight and as-level-as-possible stretch of road. Used the paddle shifters and just accelerated from a dead stop. Armed the Torque Pro ahead of time to capture 0-60. All runs with a warmed up engine of course.

In that case, if you did launch it, you would be at 5 no problem. Like I said, in a magazine, you'd be around 0.3 seconds below whatever you can do.

Now, I'm not getting hung up on a 0-60 time, but it was one of the most frustrating things for me to "feel" that my car is somehow slower than it should be, and maybe it is not making as much power as it should. When a previous car of mine couldn't do what a magazine had tested, I was perplexed until I found out how they got their numbers.

Cheers!

Judging by Visconti Tuning's FB page, they got their hands on a 2015 USDM WRX already and will be starting some tuning R&D on it!

Better still, EcuTek already has added support for the 2015 WRX and more generally speaking the 2.0DIT (Higuma!!!).

I'm at work so can't share FB links/pics but if you have a look, you'll see pics of the white car out and about on the highway and in a shop with the front wheels off (front lip, et al).

Plus a screenshot of the Ecutek RaceROM showing support and some features for the 2.0DIT / 2015 WRX.

I bet that as-is, they can bring it back up to JDM 2.0DIT stock #s (300BHPs/295ft-lbs).

And with some Stage 1-2 level bolt-ons, should be able to eek out another 50-100HP/100ft-lbs.

Oh, I also reached out to them one more (last) time to get us some finalized 2010/11 and 12/13/14 3.6R tunes.

Judging by Visconti Tuning's FB page, they got their hands on a 2015 USDM WRX already and will be starting some tuning R&D on it!

Better still, EcuTek already has added support for the 2015 WRX and more generally speaking the 2.0DIT (Higuma!!!).

I'm at work so can't share FB links/pics but if you have a look, you'll see pics of the white car out and about on the highway and in a shop with the front wheels off (front lip, et al).

Plus a screenshot of the Ecutek RaceROM showing support and some features for the 2.0DIT / 2015 WRX.

I bet that as-is, they can bring it back up to JDM 2.0DIT stock #s (300BHPs/295ft-lbs).

And with some Stage 1-2 level bolt-ons, should be able to eek out another 50-100HP/100ft-lbs.

Oh, I also reached out to them one more (last) time to get us some finalized 2010/11 and 12/13/14 3.6R tunes.

Need the 3.6r tune...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Bump - John is onboard for a dyno tune session for Tri-State 3.6Rs.

We're thinking either:

• Tue Jan-28th
  • Tue Feb-4th
  • Tue Feb-11th

The game plan is to get a base tune for 2011/12/13s and a tune for the AFE Takeda intake + CBE combo for our cars.

We're going to try and get a 89 map too for the setups so we can switch between Map A (91/93) and Map B (89).

PM me if you can make it.

Tentative roster looks like this:

• ItalianLegacy
  • JT_36R
  • Perscitus
  • lukesmit695

That is awesome. I would be interested in an 89 map for the takeda and cbe for 3.6r.

Is the person with the takeda using the hks funnel as well?

I would run that 89 map and use 91 just to be safe.

Bump - John is onboard for a dyno tune session for Tri-State 3.6Rs.

We're thinking either:

• Tue Jan-28th
  • Tue Feb-4th
  • Tue Feb-11th

The game plan is to get a base tune for 2011/12/13s and a tune for the AFE Takeda intake + CBE combo for our cars.

We're going to try and get a 89 map too for the setups so we can switch between Map A (91/93) and Map B (89).

PM me if you can make it.

Tentative roster looks like this:

• ItalianLegacy
  • JT_36R
  • Perscitus
  • nstg8tr

If only I lived nearby. How is this going to get to me when it's all said and done/ productioned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can purchase an e-tune or e-tune and ProKit license/cable kit from John.

Or if there is an Ecutek tuner near UT, ask them to source the same from John.

Then it can be as easy as flashing one of the tunes yourself or as complicated as getting a local Ecutek tuner to flash and fine-tune to your specific engine and setup on a dyno.

There are some alternatives in the works too.

Watch out for those threads in the coming months.

Archived