LegacyGT.com

Ecutek Tune for 3.6R (Powha! brought to you by Visconti Tuning)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get a chance to ask them that day. This being my first tune ever, it seemed to go well. They did said I have poor quality gas(87) in the tank, and they had to more conservative in the tune. I will post the printout when i can get a chance to scan it.

In general the dyno says Engine rated @ 278.5HP and torque is @ 257.4 lbf.ft.

At the time of tune I had AEM filter, HKS funnel and Perrin ABE.

I didn't get a chance to ask them that day. This being my first tune ever, it seemed to go well. They did said I have poor quality gas(87) in the tank, and they had to more conservative in the tune. I will post the printout when i can get a chance to scan it.

In general the dyno says Engine rated @ 278.5HP and torque is @ 257.4 lbf.ft.

At the time of tune I had AEM filter, HKS funnel and Perrin ABE.

So you gained about 10whp on 87 with tune?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

According the tech, I gain about 10hp with 87 octane and 10lbf.ft of torque. He said the gas was quite shitty and had to dial back the tune. I wasn't look for a too aggressive a tune, this is my daily driver.

Drove it on the highway from Montreal to Toronto. No loss in fuel economy, but definite feels quicker. Burst from 100km/h to 140km/h was quick and smooth when compared to before the tune.

Hi guys,

Here is the scan of my dyno printout. I can definitely feel the extra torque early when go from standing stop to 70km/h. Acceleration seems to be smoother overall, it hard to describe. I think I would go back(not this year) and retune it again with higher octane gas. Who knows, maybe the next time I'll have the Takeda intake done by then.

3.6L - AEM Filter - HKS Funnel - 87 Octane - Perrin ABE exhaust

http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o597/jt36r/e5114ddb-040e-48a9-987a-269375ce4b60_zps8e6f6b83.jpg

Hi guys,

Here is the scan of my dyno printout. I can definitely feel the extra torque early when go from standing stop to 70km/h. Acceleration seems to be smoother overall, it hard to describe. I think I would go back(not this year) and retune it again with higher octane gas. Who knows, maybe the next time I'll have the Takeda intake done by then.

3.6L - AEM Filter - HKS Funnel - 87 Octane

You didn't mention an exhaust. I'd do an exhaust in addition to the AFE intake and 91 octane.

May as well tune it all together.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

JT_36R's Dyno is the same one the Mann Engineering is using. It reads awfully low.

A 2012 WRX with panel filter, downpipe, and tune had a 208whp on that dyno.

I now have functioning rom's for the 2012 and 2014 3.6R that I can Open Source tune via tactrix cable. I have the def's for the 2011-14 but do not have the hex (or bin) files for the 2011, 2013 and have neither for the 2010.

157106790_20123_6R.thumb.png.ee9e8ca6b5e2699c185031008a62a6ec.png

What are you guys paying to have your 3.6rs tuned and where did you have it done at? I want to get mine tuned when I get the exhaust but I'm in Virginia so I'm gonna have to travel a little bit to get it tuned, I figure if I have to travel I might as well go to the best, cheapest, place within a responsible distance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

^Or you could trail blaze and be the first to do a non-Visconti etune/street dyno and see if you can can get a discount thanks to your courage. If you get decent results, it may open the door for others in your situation. If you want the option to flash back to stock for warranty work or future mod revisions, you're going to need your own cables anyway, so depended how far you have to travel, it may be your best option.

^Or you could trail blaze and be the first to do a non-Visconti etune/street dyno and see if you can can get a discount thanks to your courage. If you get decent results, it may open the door for others in your situation. If you want the option to flash back to stock for warranty work or future mod revisions, you're going to need your own cables anyway, so depended how far you have to travel, it may be your best option.

What cables do i need to get?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I now have functioning rom's for the 2012 and 2014 3.6R that I can Open Source tune via tactrix cable. I have the def's for the 2011-14 but do not have the hex (or bin) files for the 2011, 2013 and have neither for the 2010.

I just posted the hex for 2011 on my dropbox as well as a few RomRaider files...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kcsig0hhq0bc6oe/4hO7arfBYF

Very nice JT_36R! Good to see an 87 tune.

In other news, I'm getting my re-tune done the following Saturday (29th) @ Auto Master AMR.

I'll report back when I have the details and pull plots.

I'm supposed to work the 29th, so I may not be able to join you.

• 6 months later...
Nice 3.6R! Thanks for the hard work! I have a 2013 3.6R now and have been looking for a stage one tune! How can I get this tune and will it work with the rev match on my year? It is a little heavier than my GT but I still loke the car just ready to have some handling and performance upgrades! S/C coming after warranty.

Contact a local Ecutek Master Tuner (look them up on the Ecutek website) or if you're near the Tri-State area, do a tune with AMR Performance in Danbury, CT.

You can also do an e-tune with AMR remotely.

Alternatively, we have open source tuning support for the 3.6Rs now.

A few of the members on here are sporting those tunes with great results.

ItalianLegacy's Raptor SC 3.6R is Ecutek tuned by East Coast Swappers.

Archived