LegacyGT.com

Ecutek Tune for 3.6R (Powha! brought to you by Visconti Tuning)

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I just want more better output of the power I have, should I just get the throttle controller? It's far cheaper. Unless someone is willing to share their cables with me?

That controller doesn't give you better power output. It is purely for throttle response. You can achieve the same result by pushing your throttle pedal down faster.

If I just want more better output of the power I have, should I just get the throttle controller? It's far cheaper. Unless someone is willing to share their cables with me?

Did you get confirmation from Visconti that he would sell you the license and the tune without buying the cables too? I think some other members tried that without much luck, but I can't say for sure.

That controller doesn't give you better power output. It is purely for throttle response. You can achieve the same result by pushing your throttle pedal down faster.

+1

Why not just push the pedal to the floor and save some $$$ :confused:

Came across this last night that may be of use:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/ne-tactrix-openport-2-0-211636.html

and as an alternative:

http://www.phatbottituning.com/faq.html

If there are opensource definitions for the 3.6R, this would probably be the way to go. You're way more likely to find a tuner that's familiar with opensource than EcuTek.

ItalianLegacy - Powah!!!

Rhett - in stock form, we can hang with WRXs.

If he was tuned (even just a few extra pounds of boost and otherwise stock), we have little chance but it shouldn't be an epic loss.

With our tune, we can beat stock WRXs. Hang with STIs.

ItalianLegacy - Powah!!!

Rhett - in stock form, we can hang with WRXs.

If he was tuned (even just a few extra pounds of boost and otherwise stock), we have little chance but it shouldn't be an epic loss.

With our tune, we can beat stock WRXs. Hang with STIs.

Define "hang with"? There is like a full second difference in 1/4 mile time between a stock 3.6 and a WRX.

like go out for ice cream after the race.

Ok, that makes sense :lol:

Cause I'm looking at car and driver getting a 13.9 out of an STi and 13.7 from a WRX....and 14.9 out of a 3.6. I have a hard time believing a 3.6 is dipping into the 13s.

No time slips (after working ALMS almost 10 years ago, I've gotten my racing fix) but I did time her 0-60/62 just sub 5.5 sec.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4384069&postcount=61

Used Torque Pro and a pilot passenger with a stop-watch.

I'd rather not do a virtual 1/4 mile, unless I find myself at an abandoned air-strip (dreams).

Still, no issues keeping up with current-gen WRXs. Ice-cream or frozen yogurt.

It's funny, I was sitting at a stoplight on a road with two turning lanes preparing to make a left when the WRX pulled up beside me. I had just talked to the guy at the dealership, so I looked over to give him a wink and a nod, but he didn't look my way, so I wasn't sure what he was thinking. I had the inside lane, so I was ready to play. I got the jump on him, but when I looked over I didn't see or hear him, so I got a little embarrassed and backed off the throttle. Then he flies by me and it was too late to catch him before we were well over the speed limit. I hate when that happens!

Cool story Rhett. I hate when that happens too. If the guy was decent, it sucked for him too. A worthy opponent is a worthy opponent and loosing a chance to face one sux just as bad as loosing the match.

Then again there are lots of idiots out there, like these guys here... once you think its over after a super close call, they go at it again!

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/07/reckless-street-races-in-hyundai-and.html

Archived