LegacyGT.com

A different trailer hitch option

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the install looks nice ! Up and out of the way ! If that hitch drags on the ground it's because your really doing something you shouldn't be !

So do you like it ?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

Yes but problem is some people are fussy!

There is a revision over this hitch already out being installed.

climber d at hexmods will be doing the distribution and sales.

the hitch will be more expensive than the off the shelf models, because the limited quantity. and the fact its the only hitch available that doesn't drag on the ground on the legacy models. the outbacks have about 2 inches more ground clearance so they are less worried about it. but those whom do offroading would appreciate the hitch not being always in the way.

feel free to send him a message.

yes this hitch is for both wagon and sedan / in legacy and outbacks.

the wagon models have slightly longer receiver tube as the wagons are slightly longer.

Trimming template included?

any ideas on how to make one ? i'd have to think about that.

just a printed piece of paper ?

we have a sticker cutter. could make a sticker you stick on and you cut it off i suppose.

would it be ok to have the user measure and mark the center of the bumper cover ? then use the bumper lines to align the sticker vertically ?

So ClimberD is the only purchase option?

Was hoping there'd be a Canadian shipping option that's not as pricey, as we don't have to go through customs and brokerage.

Money is getting tight.. with kiddo coming at the end of the month... always looking for ways to not have to spend if I don't have to.

would it be ok to have the user measure and mark the center of the bumper cover ? then use the bumper lines to align the sticker vertically ?

I really like the the sticker idea. I think it's perfectly reasonable to have the customer (me) find the center of the bumper. I have an Outback through and I am not sure about aligning it vertically (I don't see any bumper lines)

Talked with Frank about this, and I will be pursuing this idea of having a company in Canada manufacture some for the Canadian market, and the drop ship them to customers. Details of this are in progress. It is a strong possibility with Frank's knowledge of the CNC and welding community in Quebec.

This is what HexMods said about the Canada option. I don't know where it ended up.

Archived