LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Legacy today? [PNW Edition]

tpeterson4237

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I drove the hell out of it today. I had an afternoon lapping session at Pacific Raceways with Proformance Racing School. The car did pretty well all things considered. I had a good time and nothing broke, so bonus!

If nothing broke then you didn't drive the hell out of it. You drove it like it was meant to be driven on a track! Kudos to you for taking the LGT to the track.

I have enough drama for now.....

If nothing broke then you didn't drive the hell out of it. You drove it like it was meant to be driven on a track! Kudos to you for taking the LGT to the track.

I'm glad I did it. This car is relatively new to me and I like knowing how it will react in stressful situations. I recommend everyone do at least a car control clinic. The knowledge really is valuable. That said, I have another car that is better suited to the track, so I'll probably use that going forward.

I'm glad I did it. This car is relatively new to me and I like knowing how it will react in stressful situations. I recommend everyone do at least a car control clinic. The knowledge really is valuable. That said, I have another car that is better suited to the track, so I'll probably use that going forward.

Until you fry the wheel bearings and burn up your brake fluid, you're not driving the hell out of it. :spin::spin: Regardless, kudos for taking it on the track and driving it hard.:wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Front / rear diff service. Put in extra-s. (Not sure what po used before) can already tell a difference and I like it. Full detail will be happening next weekend.
torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

I guess I didn't post on the day(s) I did it, but the Legacy got a lot of (mostly) suspension goodies recently. New front Bilsteins (the threaded upper mount on one had busted :eek:), AVO endlinks, Whiteline roll center adjustment kit, AVO front and rear underbody braces, Grimmspeed master cylinder brace, Goodridge stainless brake lines that had been sitting in their packaging in my garage for about 2 years...and an alignment to make it all come together. Big improvements all around.

I also changed the oil last month, and thought about washing it last week. I compromised by just cleaning the windows.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Front / rear diff service. Put in extra-s. (Not sure what po used before) can already tell a difference and I like it. Full detail will be happening next weekend.

Lol wut? You did that to your Legacy today Nick? :p;)

I discovered why my temperature was fluctuating up and down under normal running conditions, appears to have been low pressure in the cooling system/ a bubble causing it to run way hot. Thanks to Dov for the diagnosis over the phone. Just have to hope that I didn't do any damage driving it hot.

Lol wut? You did that to your Legacy today Nick? :p;)

I discovered why my temperature was fluctuating up and down under normal running conditions, appears to have been low pressure in the cooling system/ a bubble causing it to run way hot. Thanks to Dov for the diagnosis over the phone. Just have to hope that I didn't do any damage driving it hot.

Nope my wrx :) but I'm still posting it here haha.

Sounds like a pretty easy fix. Did you just the system and add more coolant? I can't imagine it did any damage so I wouldn't worry to much. Its not like you let the thermostat close shut and rallied it for hours.

Damn WRX owners.. Any changes to it since the first pic you posted?

Just did the thermostat a while ago too.. lol. But it turned out to be as simple as popping the turbo reservoir and radiator cap, filling from the turbo reservoir until it is ready to overflow from the radiator cap, then close that cap and fill the rest of the way from the turbo reservoir. Which in my case means spill coolant everywhere and get to smell coolant for what I assume to be a few weeks... :rolleyes:

Damn WRX owners.. Any changes to it since the first pic you posted?

Just did the thermostat a while ago too.. lol. But it turned out to be as simple as popping the turbo reservoir and radiator cap, filling from the turbo reservoir until it is ready to overflow from the radiator cap, then close that cap and fill the rest of the way from the turbo reservoir. Which in my case means spill coolant everywhere and get to smell coolant for what I assume to be a few weeks... :rolleyes:

When the lgt had the coolant leak on the turbo I had that smell for weaks before narrowing it down as fixing it :spin:

I've got invidia n1 race cbe, coilovers, front lip, HIDs, boost gauge and swapped to black flaps. Nothin to special and all cosmetic aesthetic lol. It's all good though, it's up for sale as I'm going to school full time and can't have the toy. I'll be back with another project in a year or two. And borrowing a B5 S4 so I'll still be boosting around :)

When the lgt had the coolant leak on the turbo I had that smell for weaks before narrowing it down as fixing it :spin:

I've got invidia n1 race cbe, coilovers, front lip, HIDs, boost gauge and swapped to black flaps. Nothin to special and all cosmetic aesthetic lol. It's all good though, it's up for sale as I'm going to school full time and can't have the toy. I'll be back with another project in a year or two. And borrowing a B5 S4 so I'll still be boosting around :)

Sad. But reasonable. I've had the LGT near the chopping block a few times. Hopefully it won't go there though. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic if you have one! Also look forward to seeing another project from you in the future.

Sad. But reasonable. I've had the LGT near the chopping block a few times. Hopefully it won't go there though. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic if you have one! Also look forward to seeing another project from you in the future.

Yup priorities suck but it's all good. I can go without something new and fancy right now. The next car be a weekend warrior and I'll probably pick up an older subie to commute in.

The last pic looks like I'm touching the ground but it's only the angle of the road. It's still totally functional and I'll probably raise it up a little but here soon especially for winter.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/jurypuve.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/a9ugyvum.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/25/e2a8a8ys.jpg

Yup priorities suck but it's all good. I can go without something new and fancy right now. The next car be a weekend warrior and I'll probably pick up an older subie to commute in.

The last pic looks like I'm touching the ground but it's only the angle of the road. It's still totally functional and I'll probably raise it up a little but here soon especially for winter.

Looks good and reasonable in the second picture, and then the last one is just a fun picture to take haha. If the Legacy ever goes away for need of cash my plan is to pick up a GC8 and just work out everything suspension wise. Make it as much of a go kart as I can while being a DD. Then when I have money it would turn into a weekend warrior/track/something project.

This girl friend of my mine just picked up a super clean rs from an older guy. Babied its whole life with only 108k odo. Wrb with gold wheels. I'd love to drive one around it would be pretty reliable id imagine.

Is that the one that went up for sale on SA? I remember seeing something about that. Dane or someone's old car? Clearly I don't pay too close of attention to that group.

To keep on topic, driving through Grants Pass I got another "What kind of car is that?" And again I mistakenly did not answer, "Toyota Camry TRD Edition." :spin:

Is that the one that went up for sale on SA? I remember seeing something about that. Dane or someone's old car? Clearly I don't pay too close of attention to that group.

To keep on topic, driving through Grants Pass I got another "What kind of car is that?" And again I mistakenly did not answer, "Toyota Camry TRD Edition." :spin:

Nope it was for sale up in Seattle. Found it off CL I believe.

I get faked out by those tail lights all to often

Would have been a pretty funny response though lol

:hide:

Archived