LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Legacy today? [PNW Edition]

tpeterson4237

A regular truck with dollies (they all carry dollies with them) works just fine. A lot of people think that the only way to tow a Subaru is on a flat bed. So they request a flat bed, and then end up waiting 4X longer because there are less of them. No need; just make sure the tow guy puts it up on dollies and you're good.

it's a prestige thing. A wrx would be fine being dollied, however, lgt need to be on the bed. Riding high, looking proud. :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Changed oil & filter, it was exhilarating. Sending in the old stuff for testing tomorrow
I will be taking you up on flogging the WRX a bit in the near future ;)

Sounds about as exciting as me doing all the maintenance over the weekend on mine...

What did I do to my Legacy?

Gates timing belt kit

Subaru OEM water pump and gasket

Cam seals

Main seal

Radiator flush/fill with Samco silicone hoses and upgraded clamps

GroupN Engine mounts L/R

Oil change with Rotella T6 5W-40

Sure thing justin. I actually do want to do some pulls against the spec. (Mexico closed track of course)

I'll give you a call when I plan the next visit. Rally some back roads.

T6 :wub:

torque impresses girrls, hp impresses flat-bills

Did not know that...

This is what I used "SOA868V9241 Genuine Subaru ATF, Automatic Transmission Fluid"

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 3 weeks later...
Drove it as usual. Also got rid of a cheap muffler from an old car for $5. Put a bunch of honda and subaru parts for sale on the local craigslist.

Anyone need a cobb heatshield, oem after maf tube, oem turbo inlet or oem catted uppipe? Got them all...

Is the DP for MT of AT?

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Finally got my much needed tune done, big thanks to Matt and the crew at PIA. 276hp/315tq @ 18psi. Now to start saving up for suspension mods.

I luv posts like this. Which are usaully followed by a post in the brakes thread about better brakes. And then a post in the general forum about local body shops. /snark

congrats on your tune. Come out to Griot's in Tacoma this Saturday morning. Lot's of other LGT folks stopping by.

Bought a VF52 yesterday with 14k miles on it. All to go with my new engine.

Short story is, metal chunks and bits in pan & lines, Turbo *COULD* be compromised, decided to be better safe than sorry.

Guess I will have a LegaSTI when its all done :-D

I have good news and bad news :-)

If you wanted to purchase ICY Racing's turn key LGT Wagon racecar, its been sold.

If you want to see it run a local track, you're in luck. It s been bought by a guy who completed his novice season with ICSCC last year. He may be running it in ICSCC's ST class, local autox, and other events. No, it wasn't me. I pinged him on FB to see if he would post here.

If you FB, check out the "Autocross Club of Central Oregon" group for more details.

^I just want to see the engine... is that bad...? LOL.

pics from FB.

Note on the engine pic - "Specifically a Legacy wagon, converted to Legacy Spec B, with STI 6 speed, big turbo."

Link to the modified magazine article - http://www.modified.com/features/0711_sccp_2005_subaru_legacy_gt/viewall.html

driverseaet.jpg.35f5f0ef9c63936629e9f981d6efd06a.jpg

engine.jpg.1505521798380f5633d0c036546e9983.jpg

that looks like it's going to be totaled. What was your parts list again? :lol:

Sorry, that sucks. Hope its an easy fix.

:lol: :lol:

Cracked the clear coat in quite a few areas, but is isolated to the bumper itself. There are some scratches through the paint too. Maybe I can use this as an opportunity to have them respray the entire bumper. It needs some love.

Archived