LegacyGT.com

18x8 Suggestions?

BarManBean

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
I'm meeting my Enkei rep in a couple of hours. Tell me what you want, and I'll ask him about details. The last set of Enkei custom wheels I was involved with was an order of 40 wheels and took 2 years to put together. Enkei was left holding the bag when the OP bailed on them after they made them, which is how I got a set.

Enkei is going to want money upfront before doing a custom order. However, I'll ask what's in the pipeline and we might be able to tag along with someone else's order.

So, reply here or in a PM to me, and I'll ask.

Depending on what they say about price and what those wheels weigh, I'm absolutely interested in a set in 5x100, 18x8 or 8.5. Looking at them, there's not really anything I don't like about them. I would think that everyone getting a set would need to think strongly about ordering a set of 5 or even 6 to have spares.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

They weigh 10.5kg, this much I know. It's how I make myself feel better about settling for the rather less handsome Yamato (at 9.5kg).
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

BMB can use the VTEC stickers to offset the extra pounds.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Depending on what they say about price and what those wheels weigh, I'm absolutely interested in a set in 5x100, 18x8 or 8.5. Looking at them, there's not really anything I don't like about them. I would think that everyone getting a set would need to think strongly about ordering a set of 5 or even 6 to have spares.

In the US, these dont seem to be available. However, I did find a set for sale in Germany in 5x100. I'm checking with the rep to see if we can get them here. All else fails, it looks like ~$750/set + shipping from Germany.

• Moderators
Update:

Enkei rep says they will get a set of these wheels for us. Need a commitment for 48 wheels (minimum order). No money yet, just a commitment. They will get pricing and delivery information. At which point, you'll need to put the money. If interested, I'll set up a group buy.

Interesting. Did he confirm that the weight on those is 23 lbs per?

Update:

Enkei rep says they will get a set of these wheels for us. Need a commitment for 48 wheels (minimum order). No money yet, just a commitment. They will get pricing and delivery information. At which point, you'll need to put the money. If interested, I'll set up a group buy.

Only 12 sets isn't bad at all for a GB. Love the style but I can't deal with that kind of weight. I just cleaned up my original spec.B wheels I'm selling soon over the weekend and I forgot how much those suckers weigh. For the price it's a great wheel though! I'll be paying 3x that for a similar style from Japan (with a touch more width) when I go back to 18s.

Edit: If they are only 20 vs. 23 I'm a bit more intrigued ;)

Update:

Would this group buy all be in a single size? If not, what sizes would be available? I definitely need a set of wheels for the summer, so I'm interested.

I put up a group buy thread, with a poll. Choose a size or two, and a color. Post if you are committed. Until at least 48 wheels are committed to of the same spec, Enkei wont give pricing or estimated ship dates.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gb-enkei-wakasa-sti-replica-wheels-204352.html?t=204352

PM if you want to put money down. No orders will be made until 48 wheels are paid for.

Pricing: IDK. The last set of custom wheels I bought from Enkei were $250/each.

Nasioc: I'm not a fan of dual-drilled wheels, however, if you are, I can cross-post on Nasioc to get more options. The more we order beyond the 48, the more the pricing is up for negotiations.

• Moderators
I put up a group buy thread, with a poll. Choose a size or two, and a color. Post if you are committed. Until at least 48 wheels are committed to of the same spec, Enkei wont give pricing or estimated ship dates.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/gb-enkei-wakasa-sti-replica-wheels-204352.html?t=204352

PM if you want to put money down. No orders will be made until 48 wheels are paid for.

Pricing: IDK. The last set of custom wheels I bought from Enkei were $250/each.

Nasioc: I'm not a fan of dual-drilled wheels, however, if you are, I can cross-post on Nasioc to get more options. The more we order beyond the 48, the more the pricing is up for negotiations.

I'm with you on no dual-drilled, but the wrx guys still have 5x100--there's more of them then there are STIs also.

I vote for TSW Interlagos, although I'm personally a fan of 10 spoke designs sicne I think it matches up well with our 5 bolts. I'm putting that aside and buying a set of superleggeras (18x8 +51) I found though since they were the right price and cheap.

Thanks for starting the thread though. It was nice seeing how that size wheel and different tires sizes looked on cars.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this from being one foot in the grave.

Another vote for the Interlagos here. Has anyone noticed them on a Leggy? I'd love to see some pics.

Edit: I found pics of the silver ones in the Aftermarket Wheel thread. Anybody seen the matte black ones on a Leggy?

Cheers!

• Moderators

Well, awesome weekend. Sold my OZ Alleggeritas with the plan to buy a set of RPF1s on the way home from delivering the OZs. Guy with RPF1s ended up not being able to meet on the way home and now has sold them to someone else so I'm back to square 1, lol. Oh well.

The search continues...

Well, awesome weekend. Sold my OZ Alleggeritas with the plan to buy a set of RPF1s on the way home from delivering the OZs. Guy with RPF1s ended up not being able to meet on the way home and now has sold them to someone else so I'm back to square 1, lol. Oh well.

The search continues...

You should just get some XXR 530's or 527's in gold and call it a day :)

• Moderators

Bleh (not to those wheels, just to the situation and my stupid indecision on wheels). I've complicated things now with a BBK, too :lol:

I may be trading my BBS wheels for another set of BBS wheels with some good all seasons on them, so that will buy me some good time in searching...

:mad::redface::D

I'm a perpetual deal searcher.

These brand new in box 18x8 Advans have been up on eBay twice and have not sold. Looks like a decent deal with center caps, lugs, stems, & shipping included. I'll bet you could snag them at or just below your $1500 limit. :wub:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-ADVAN-YOKOHAMA-Model-T7-JDM-WHEEL-18x8-5x100-BRZ-Impreza-Scion-FR-S-LUG-NUTS-/130899928760?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7a3e66b8&vxp=mtr

405495789_AdvanT7.jpg.a611080865ce5d54705326ecb1134f80.jpg

Archived