LegacyGT.com

18x8 Suggestions?

BarManBean

• Moderators
This thread needs more pics and links. BMB you should post a pic of your OBXT in this thread for the uninitiated. Nothing smaller than a 18x8. 18x8.5 would be ideal.

Will do. I'll get some pics of the car up tomorrow-both as it sits now and with the previous owner's (oclvframe) pics as it used to sit on TSW Nurburgrings. I'll dig through the suggestions too and get some links up for the wheels in consideration and maybe some pics. Thanks everyone.

Regarding the 18x8.5s--will that cause any clearance issues that wouldn't come up with 18x8s or is that going to be based more on tires? I know from PO that 18x8s with 225/50s has a *slight* bit of rub at full lock. I'm possibly thinking about 245/45s which I would imagine will require a bit of a fender roll...? Not sure if 8" vs 8.5" width will matter at that point.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Not worries about sidewall really. I'm worries about making the rear diff / final drive ratio for my outback happy. If I go down to a 40 series the speedo will be way off and the car will be screaming on the highway.

Just to be clear, we're talking about an OBXT, not an LGT.

Regarding the 18x8.5s--will that cause any clearance issues that wouldn't come up with 18x8s or is that going to be based more on tires? I know from PO that 18x8s with 225/50s has a *slight* bit of rub at full lock. I'm possibly thinking about 245/45s which I would imagine will require a bit of a fender roll...? Not sure if 8" vs 8.5" width will matter at that point.

You might consider going to TireRack and comparing the rev's per mile and diameter/width. It varies a lot from tire to tires. A 245 KDW is like a 235 RS3.

• Moderators
Oh outback? Stock suspension?

Nope. LGT-spec Tokicos and swifts with 3/8" spacers up front and 1" spacers in the rear (added this info to first post as well). I may switch to pink springs to get a bit more ride height.

Works?

Meister S1 is probably my favorite ******* wheel of all time.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/wheels/29/85/wheelImage.png

The Work Emotion is a pretty nice wheel too, but i'm not as big a fan.

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/wheels/27/124/wheelImage.png

I went with a set of vsxx, but the car looks like poop because stancetard tires and no low. The wheels themselves are very nice though

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/media/wheels/26/75/wheelImage.png

I could suck start a snow blower.

• Moderators
dustinsonger is running 285/18 on his outback. Although, he does have a bit of tire sticking out.

With the Outback "flares", you can run a wider wheel. Have you considered a 18x9?

I don't see much of a benefit to running a 9" wheel since I don't want to go any wider than 245s. I really don't see myself pushing the car any harder than that size tire will suffice for except possibly on a track, and at that point I'll just be having fun, nothing too serious.

I'm sure you know this, but the obxt flares are cosmetic. I'm sure they can be massaged to be somewhat functional (hide cutting / rolling work). Dustinsonger's obxt looks to be quite high as well, i'm intending to keep the car lowered to around LGT height (possibly the tokico struts that I have now with pink springs and spacers in the long run).

dustinsonger is running 285/18 on his outback. Although, he does have a bit of tire sticking out.

With the Outback "flares", you can run a wider wheel. Have you considered a 18x9?

How so? The "flares" are basically stuck onto LGT fenders. No real gain without going under then and cutting away the fender metal. Drool over something like this and some 240 fender flares for my car.

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motorsports-custom.cfm

Probably a little silly for BMB but I do think he should consider x8.5 w/ a 42-48 offset so that the wheels are not so recessed. 18x8.5 +45 on my OBXT would fit perfect for a DD imho.

Got a recent issue of TireRack's newsletter and these were on the cover... I like the style

http://www.ozracing.com/images/products/tecnichals/ozracing_itech_formulahlt_grigiocorsa.png

18x8 +48 @ 21.2 lbs with both style of center caps included.

^I can get behind those. I have always liked the XXR 527s, just dont want XXRs. Typically, companies like that are copying other wheels, I wonder if those OZs have been out for a while and those are what the XXRs are copying.... I've never seen them before though.

How about Rota G-Force in 18x8.5 et48? I like hyper black... and 245/40/18 tires would work great with the wheels. You can get new ones from a shop in Chicago shipped for $820 for the wheels.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123965&d=1343055524

• Moderators
How about Rota G-Force in 18x8.5 et48? I like hyper black... and 245/40/18 tires would work great with the wheels. You can get new ones from a shop in Chicago shipped for $820 for the wheels.

At 22lbs a piece I'd definitely step up to RPF1s.

Archived