18x8 Suggestions?

BarManBean

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
LOL...so true. forgot about the dp

100 posts marker

Yup. Bought a CNT, sold it before ever installing it because I found an invidia for a good price. Installed that and then swapped it out for a cobb that I found locally before my tune was even done :lol:

For the new car, I picked up a cobb on the way back from atlanta--knew what I wanted this time around, no muss no fuss.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Yup. Bought a CNT, sold it before ever installing it because I found an invidia for a good price. Installed that and then swapped it out for a cobb that I found locally before my tune was even done :lol:

For the new car, I picked up a cobb on the way back from atlanta--knew what I wanted this time around, no muss no fuss.

Have invidia because I couldnt find a cobb.

I'm not looking to make a snap decision or NEEDING to pick up wheels right now, if that's what you're thinking. Just wanted to have a discussion about options that are out there with a focus on what brands are generally providing high quality options and what's out there that I haven't seen before--which is most things since I haven't focused too much on wheels.

Yeap, do that, but keep cash handy and buy a set of used BBS REs when they come-up. That's what I did. They are going on a BRZ in a week or two, once they've been painted ;)

• Moderators
Yeap, do that, but keep cash handy and buy a set of used BBS REs when they come-up. That's what I did. They are going on a BRZ in a week or two, once they've been painted ;)

Yeah, if those pop up at the right time for the right price I might just pull the trigger.

when most ppl shop for wheels based on how close they look to rota and color, why bother?

It appears the only ones that post weight are ones that you'd want to use in a situation where weight was important.

Yeah. Seems like the market for lightweight budget wheels is either shrinking to a size not worth servicing, or it's just not profitable.

...as I found with Enkei, if you have cash (willing to buy 40 wheels) they will make you nearly anything you want.

Now you go and remind me that the wheel I was lusting for, an affordable STi replica by Enkei called Wakasa, was totally unavailable in 5x100. Even though it's clearly a Subaru style they now only make it in 5x114, 5x112 etc. and low offset. So if you own a Mazduh or Honduh you can dress it like a Subaru, but a Subaru guy cannot have that classic STi look. :mad:

http://www.premio-tuning.de/uploads/pics/enkei_wakasa.jpg

Sorry. /rant.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• Moderators
Yeah. Seems like the market for lightweight budget wheels is either shrinking to a size not worth servicing, or it's just not profitable.

Now you go and remind me that the wheel I was lusting for, an affordable STi replica by Enkei called Wakasa, was totally unavailable in 5x100. Even though it's clearly a Subaru style they now only make it in 5x114, 5x112 etc. and low offset. So if you own a Mazduh or Honduh you can dress it like a Subaru, but a Subaru guy cannot have that classic STi look. :mad:

Sorry. /rant.

Group buy, lol. 8 people, everyone gets a set of 5 :)

• Moderators
Y u no get Prodrive GC-0101Es?

:hide:

Lol, was just looking at the pics you posted in your build thread and thinking "now that he's put those tires on those things I'll never be able to convince him..."

Sorry. /rant.

This is a sexy m'fing wheel :wub:

Yes. If what boxkita says about enkei producing custom wheels I really think we could get 8 people in on those--they look awesome.

I'm meeting my Enkei rep in a couple of hours. Tell me what you want, and I'll ask him about details. The last set of Enkei custom wheels I was involved with was an order of 40 wheels and took 2 years to put together. Enkei was left holding the bag when the OP bailed on them after they made them, which is how I got a set.

Enkei is going to want money upfront before doing a custom order. However, I'll ask what's in the pipeline and we might be able to tag along with someone else's order.

So, reply here or in a PM to me, and I'll ask.

This is a sexy m'fing wheel :wub:

Indeed. You can imagine how pissed I was to be told I could get them.... but only for a Honduh! :mad:

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Archived