LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

Be careful with that... It's why I bought the Miata but now both the spec.B and the Miata get mods. There is part of me that wants to sell the spec.B for something less mod friendly so all of my mod money goes to the Miata.

My miata is still pretty close to what it was when I bought it 2 years ago. Finally fixed the over-heating problem and now it runs better than ever.

If the wagon was running, I'd do the nameless deletes and be done with it. 2 years of driving it hard, it was still the most fun I've had driving a car.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My miata is still pretty close to what it was when I bought it 2 years ago. Finally fixed the over-heating problem and now it runs better than ever.

If the wagon was running, I'd do the nameless deletes and be done with it. 2 years of driving it hard, it was still the most fun I've had driving a car.

Yeah but you bought a ready to go Miata. My Miata needed/needs lots of work.

I will say this my spec.B is tons of fun though :cool:

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Well, I bought used, so I'm still in it for a good bit under $2k. But I get what you're saying.

At the end of the day there's no arguing that KWs current customer service kind of blows (and regardless of the KW / RCE combo here, I view KW as being at the top fo that food chain).

On a separate note, I kind of joked about selling it today (or maybe I'm serious about selling it :iam:) and got some response :lol: It also made me look into a ballpark number for what I would get through parting out the car--kind of tempting :confused:

I was thinking to sell mine as well. I hadn't driven it since 9/8 do to some work I needed to get done. TGV deletes, (motors acting up), injector cleaning and swap, and the coils.

With that said once I got back into it today, I was glad I didn't sell it.

Once I stepped on the throttle my face went :eek::)

Besides its paid off and has everything I ever wanted to do.

Might have to give it a new paint job in the spring summer.

Still cheaper than a new car and payments.

Besides I know myself, whatever i buy will eventually get modified. LOL

Haha, not seriously. If someone offered cash I might consider selling it though. This is my first foray into seriously modding a car, and I think I have the most fun with the searching for parts, playing with parts, and tinkering / wrenching on the car. That said, with a daily it can sometimes be stressful. Might be better suited to have a normal car and then a "fun" car that I could have down for service / wrencing / racecar / etc.

Don't get me wrong, the car is great to drive on the street also. With the 16g the power is just really nice--comes on quick and doesn't quite die up top. And the suspension / tires are the tits :)

Pretty much exactly how I felt...although you took it to a whole new level from a mod standpoint. For my daily 80mi roundtrip to work and back, it was overly stressful for me...the E61 is the total opposite...although I am sure shit will break on it because it is what it is.

Funny thing is, I find myself looking at and wanting something really simple, inexpensive, yet lots of fun to drive and mod...and it all comes back to what others here have gotten: a miata! But dang...6 cars in my driveway would be a mess!

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators
very nice. i thought about smelling my Avo FMIC after it came out. lol

They probably smell about the same. Both aluminum and all that ;)

If I already had a front mount installed I certainly wouldn't bother. It's the PITA of installing the front mount that I'd like to avoid at this point.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
In no need for the GS TMIC, but of course want one. It sure looks grand!

Mostly curious about how their adapter flange will work out for stock turbo fitment.

Did you opt for the splitter?.

Yeah, I really have no need for one either with a PW already on the car. $500 gift code for grimmspeed made it a pretty easy decision though.

All of the group buy TMICs are coming with the splitters, and there's no way I would install a high dollar top mount without a proper splitter anyway. That would be kinda silly.

For sure it would be faster to adjust the GS for the OBXT application than monkey with some other scenario. Splitters seemed to be the large part of the PW installs I've read. Would want the most out of that core as well. It's no little IC.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

It seems to cool very well. When cruising it gets things to around 6* above ambient which I believe is better than the PW. Even when stopped, it seems to level out at a lower temperature than previous, but it's also pretty cold out.

Will have to see how it "flows" when Dave starts looking at things.

The splitter needs a bit of attention for proper fit with an Outback, but I don't think it will be a big deal at all to get a great seal. Install was easy and it fits very well--I really like the installation setup that Grimmspeed employed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
Thought I would stop by and say nice build. We have the two biggest obxt build threads and we have had zero interactions haha

Definitely a few others out there--Scooby2.5 and Kongzilla are a couple others.

Thanks tho, it's been fun modding it.

I'm really thinking about having the front seats reupholstered in a spec.b style theme. I thought about swapping in spec.b seats, but the with the cost and issues with getting all the airbags to work I think it makes more sense to just bring the stock seats to a shop...

Definitely a few others out there--Scooby2.5 and Kongzilla are a couple others.

Thanks tho, it's been fun modding it.

I'm really thinking about having the front seats reupholstered in a spec.b style theme. I thought about swapping in spec.b seats, but the with the cost and issues with getting all the airbags to work I think it makes more sense to just bring the stock seats to a shop...

Get it all prepped up for the upcoming Boxerfest :cool:.

My prep will probably include swapping over to summer tires and strapping the giant cookie monster into one of the two car seats in the back :)

:lol:

My prep will probably be fixing my low compression issue in cylinder 2 :(. Not 100% sure yet but I'll find out soon when I receive my leakdown tester..

Archived