LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
How does the car feel after all the work you did?

Like I'm driving on a basemap, lol. Nothing really to say until we can get fuel dialed in a bit--staying entirely out of boost until then.

Running fairly smooth so far tho, so that's good.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Any difference in sound?

Not really at idle. It was quiet before and it's quiet now. It might actually have a touch more noise with the ELH at the moment, but with 2 weeks of time in between starts it's tough to say. I'm sure it will be different when I get on it a bit more.

I didn't install the perrin mid/y and prodrives yet either. Keeping it quiet at first to listen for any funny noises and then I'll toss those on :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Moderators
Meh, whatever--it can't hurt. I've been running for a bit without any heatshielding because I've been too busy (lazy?) to pop the TMIC off. I think I'm gonna grab one of the nameless heat shields to throw over the top of it :)

Not really at idle. It was quiet before and it's quiet now. It might actually have a touch more noise with the ELH at the moment, but with 2 weeks of time in between starts it's tough to say. I'm sure it will be different when I get on it a bit more.

I didn't install the perrin mid/y and prodrives yet either. Keeping it quiet at first to listen for any funny noises and then I'll toss those on :)

When you want to find out how much noise it can really make, I'll fly out and demo it for you.

Meh, whatever--it can't hurt. I've been running for a bit without any heatshielding because I've been too busy (lazy?) to pop the TMIC off. I think I'm gonna grab one of the nameless heat shields to throw over the top of it :)

I have the cobb heatshield. The I/C was still cool when I came in the pits. Still have a PTP blanket BNIB. On the flip side, every part of the Miata intake is wrapped in heat tape, as it makes a big difference.

Maybe my lotto ticket will come thru this week and I can go back and do it right. :eek:

• Moderators
When you want to find out how much noise it can really make, I'll fly out and demo it for you.

I'm perfectly happy to break my own stuff, thanks ;)

I have the cobb heatshield. The I/C was still cool when I came in the pits. Still have a PTP blanket BNIB. On the flip side, every part of the Miata intake is wrapped in heat tape, as it makes a big difference.

Maybe my lotto ticket will come thru this week and I can go back and do it right. :eek:

I have a cobb HS on the shelf also, just need to remove the TMIC a bit to fit it in there--been too lazy. It will go over the blanket, or more likely I'll be replacing it with one of those pretty Nameless Performance shields :wub:

I'm perfectly happy to break my own stuff, thanks ;)

I have a cobb HS on the shelf also, just need to remove the TMIC a bit to fit it in there--been too lazy. It will go over the blanket, or more likely I'll be replacing it with one of those pretty Nameless Performance shields :wub:

Would you sell that COBB HS to me if you end up not using it ?

:hide:

• 1 month later...

Archived