LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah idk how many miles u do but i drive to boston every other week. These are the worst seats. I also came from Recaro's in my redline. :(

I'm hoping to have mine swapped over before WBM this year.

What seats do you have in you OBXT? Are they the limited seats (adjustable power seats?)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Couple of things added--nameless heatshield, prodrive mufflers, KDT903 bushing inserts (half the kit, chose not to install whole kit at this time), DAMD wheel.

Need to get some fresh pics of the car up...

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

This one:

http://i934.photobucket.com/albums/ad187/BarManBean/OBXT/4549CCDB-BF46-42FE-B496-F77B830BD9BF_zpsyfejwjiu.jpg

Just round with black stitching. It's smaller diameter but larger in the "grip"--makes the steering feel a bit quicker overall.

• Moderators

I like the look of the flat bottom and red stitching as well, but thought that in a panic situation (or autox, etc) that I could end up grabbing the flat part "wrong" and possibly losing some control. Not likely, but possible. Also, the wheel is smaller diameter already so you get some added room between thigh and wheel.

The wheel was also from rester, so I didn't pick the details really. Only thing I would have changed was red stitching.

I keep talking about it, but I need to go to the upholstery shop to get a quote. I've been thinking about redoing the front seats in a spec.b theme--alcantara inserts. I've thought about making the inserts red, but that might be a bit boy-racer, Or it might be really awesome. Maybe just some heavy double read stitching with black inserts. Either way I need to get a price first.

I like the look of the flat bottom and red stitching as well, but thought that in a panic situation (or autox, etc) that I could end up grabbing the flat part "wrong" and possibly losing some control. Not likely, but possible. Also, the wheel is smaller diameter already so you get some added room between thigh and wheel.

The wheel was also from rester, so I didn't pick the details really. Only thing I would have changed was red stitching.

I keep talking about it, but I need to go to the upholstery shop to get a quote. I've been thinking about redoing the front seats in a spec.b theme--alcantara inserts. I've thought about making the inserts red, but that might be a bit boy-racer, Or it might be really awesome. Maybe just some heavy double read stitching with black inserts. Either way I need to get a price first.

You don't really need that part of the steering wheel in autox or daily driving. You all get used to it really fast :)

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looooved the flat bottom steering wheel in my 08 GTi, and I am lusting for the flat bottom DAMD. Black or Blue stitching.

• 11 months later...

Archived