LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

What is troubling about this is it seems they don't even want to look at the failed part. Most companies would want to supply a minimum warranty on this type of part to learn and later improve to reduce liability. But they have to see it first.

Should have name dropped.

Don't you know? I'm BarManBean! ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
  • Moderators
I like the stance. What did you use to paint the door sill, mud flaps and lower bumpers?

Thanks. When the coils go back on in the rear I'll bring the rear up a bit higher for a bit of rake :wub:

Those parts are not painted, they came that way from the factory I believe. Just black plastic.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Thanks. When the coils go back on in the rear I'll bring the rear up a bit higher for a bit of rake :wub:

Those parts are not painted, they came that way from the factory I believe. Just black plastic.

Hmm... Would expect them to be body color. Mine are all color matched. Mud Flaps have faded. There are some scrubs on the front from having to blast a box with some electronics in it. Box fell off a truck and slid right into my lane. Blew the left fender and bumper fasteners... This was all years ago.

I've always wanted to clear up these scrapes but they are barley visible unless your under the car.

Was thinking something like duratex on these areas so it's an easy patch up of scraped later.

I have the two tone silver. All my lower sills are the darker silver. Always wanted some darker wheels since these match the top color and is kinda fugly.

I like how the black looks on the solid colors. Not sure how it would look on a two tone.

• 4 weeks later...
Yep, those BC c/o look pretty good right now.

/troll

Hope KW comes thru for you with a better solution. As one of the more prolific testers on this forum, you should get some discount for goodwill.

Yea maybe I should keep my BC's LOL. I have had them on my car for 3 years and not a problem.

Shock bodies are all one piece as well.....

If I have problems with the RCE's I'm putting on my car today (bought them used from KAOS22B) KW and RCE will wish they never knew me.

Original owner warranty or not this is a manufacturing defect and its waiting for a lawsuit. If they were smart they would give you the $400 coils

• Moderators

Yeah, I'm not terribly litigious I guess. I think the line would be crossed if anyone ever has a situation involving injury from a similar failure. They're aware of the situation and at that point I would imagine you could argue negligence, especially since they aren't wanting to inspect mine in order to determine the exact failure for future betterment.

That said, most aftermarket parts are also for "off-road use only" and what not, and I'm sure that over the years the language around the use of aftermarket parts as well as issues of negligence, malfunction, etc have been refined to be an at-risk situation for the users. One of the costs of modding a car, I would imagine.

• Moderators
Agreed the loop holes would protect them. The lack of caring is what is disappointing and sure to strike them from my future build plans, not just Subaru but ANY car.

Agreed. Stuff happens and parts break, but the top-level customer support here was just crap. Oh well.

• Moderators
It's hard to make the case for $2000 c/o when customer support is less than $1000 c/o. I realize this may have been a 1-off case, however, the reason to spend more money kind of falls by the wayside when you have to buy another set when they fail at about the same rate?

Well, I bought used, so I'm still in it for a good bit under $2k. But I get what you're saying.

At the end of the day there's no arguing that KWs current customer service kind of blows (and regardless of the KW / RCE combo here, I view KW as being at the top fo that food chain).

On a separate note, I kind of joked about selling it today (or maybe I'm serious about selling it :iam:) and got some response :lol: It also made me look into a ballpark number for what I would get through parting out the car--kind of tempting :confused:

On a separate note, I kind of joked about selling it today (or maybe I'm serious about selling it :iam:) and got some response :lol: It also made me look into a ballpark number for what I would get through parting out the car--kind of tempting :confused:

Whenever, I look back at the little amount I have spent compared to most on the board it's still a holy shit it's been that much moment!? I try to not look back :D.

However, anything else I would want is significantly more and I just paid it off. Plus, every time I drive it I have a lot of fun.

• Moderators

Haha, not seriously. If someone offered cash I might consider selling it though. This is my first foray into seriously modding a car, and I think I have the most fun with the searching for parts, playing with parts, and tinkering / wrenching on the car. That said, with a daily it can sometimes be stressful. Might be better suited to have a normal car and then a "fun" car that I could have down for service / wrencing / racecar / etc.

Don't get me wrong, the car is great to drive on the street also. With the 16g the power is just really nice--comes on quick and doesn't quite die up top. And the suspension / tires are the tits :)

Haha, not seriously. If someone offered cash I might consider selling it though. This is my first foray into seriously modding a car, and I think I have the most fun with the searching for parts, playing with parts, and tinkering / wrenching on the car. That said, with a daily it can sometimes be stressful. Might be better suited to have a normal car and then a "fun" car that I could have down for service / wrencing / racecar / etc.

Don't get me wrong, the car is great to drive on the street also. With the 16g the power is just really nice--comes on quick and doesn't quite die up top. And the suspension / tires are the tits :)

Be careful with that... It's why I bought the Miata but now both the spec.B and the Miata get mods. There is part of me that wants to sell the spec.B for something less mod friendly so all of my mod money goes to the Miata.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

Archived