LegacyGT.com

BMB's OBXT Build Thread

BarManBean

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah u tarnished their perfect record. lol

Actually, this happened to my set also. They were used but were in great condition when I installed them. Snapped in the same exact way.

wow. I think RCE is going to want that one to see how you broke it. lol

RCE didn't honor the warranty due to me being the 2nd owner. Boo. So I had to go through KW. That was a nightmare.

^yeah, I thought we established that :)

If anything, it's likely going to be KW that wants to see the pieces.

KW did eventually warranty the pair. It took more than a couple days of emails back and forth before they agreed to. PM me I'll give you info on who to contact.

Kind of hard to see, but no I don't think it was the actual weld. Looks like it actually broke the metal--it's jagged along there. Honestly I have no clue. Whole thing is weird and it sucks.

Did you notice any weird noises before it snapped? There's a thread on here somewhere with someone who had the same issue twice. KW told him it was the bushing that's the culprit. The inside sleeve should not be less than 42.5mm, if it is they have an incorrect bushing.

Found it: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/kw-coilover-owners-must-read-safety-issue-53071.html

• Moderators

Well, with cheeseenlo's input I took a look at that thread. Ran out to the garage and unbolted the lower eyelet to measure things and the inner busing definitely is out of spec according to that thread.

Obviously I'll keep folks posted here. I don't believe that this is a systemic issue, and probably a total non-issue with newer parts. I have really enjoyed the RCE T1s and would like to get them running again ASAP.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators

Warranty denied because I'm not the original owner. KW is providing replacements at a discount of $410 for the rear pair with shipping. Overall I still think it's a bit of crap, but it's the cheapest option for getting my suspension back up and running. Honestly, not knowing what they're production cost is I'm not even sure what type of discount this is since no springs are included (reusing what I have) and the fronts most likely cost more than the rears.

Oh well.

Shame to see them not taking care of an issue that is obviously NOT caused by standard wear. Its hard because they have no idea of the mileage but I would at least hope they would take into consideration that the unit is still functioning which means its probably under 70k.

I'm amazed because this can cause a vendor to either shell out one unit under "good will warranty" vs get a lot of bad publicity because of an irregular failure.

I guess it is what it is though.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Moderators
Shame to see them not taking care of an issue that is obviously NOT caused by standard wear. Its hard because they have no idea of the mileage but I would at least hope they would take into consideration that the unit is still functioning which means its probably under 70k.

I'm amazed because this can cause a vendor to either shell out one unit under "good will warranty" vs get a lot of bad publicity because of an irregular failure.

I guess it is what it is though.

Dave

Agree with all of that. I contacted KW direct today and they basically told me to go eff myself.

Archived