LegacyGT.com

08' Spec B MT is it worth an extra 8k?

Dvour

Im looking at 2 different LGT's, one's a spec b manual for 21k and the other is a plain LGT AT for 13K. is the spec b really worth the extra 8 dollars?

can't i just put a mesh grill on the basic LGT with a stage 1 and walk away with no regrets?

Thanks

thats the only reason i was deeply considering the spec B. I am having the hardest time finding a decently priced low mileage manny base LGT. if there's a god...

guess i'll just keep looking

In addition to Nav and the 6MT it also comes with memory seats with suede inserts, Bilstein shocks/struts, aluminum control arms front & rear, stronger rear differential (also is Torsen instead of viscous), 18" wheels and summer tires, steering wheel audio controls, and aluminum pedal covers.

Don't let me catch you posting a thread asking how to convert your automatic to a manual trans in a couple months!

haha, yeah thats pretty much what i'd do. It sounds pretty worth it, if i can get a good deal through the dealership financing, then its something i'll probably do. its only at 60,000 miles, has upgraded intake, exhaust, alloy rims, and its tuned on E85 which that part idk if i'd change or not.

here's pics of this sexy beast thats tempting me..

http://www.boothmotorsllc.com/inventory/view/6479112/2008-Subaru-Legacy%20Spec%20B%20w/Nav

Seems a bit on the high side to me with mileage considered. I will say when shopping for my lgt I wish I had bought a spec b just for the transmission and seats. Is it worth 8k more hard to say that's really more a judgement call. On a bit of an unrelated note. I bought mine from booth motors, think it was nick booth that helped me out. Nice guy and if your concerned about financing I'm sure he will find a way. In fact he helped me get a better rate then my credit union could. Good luck and hope to see another leggo owner around at a meet in the future.

hey rweezy thanks for the response, i'm gonna try and talk him down a little. I might have to wait though just cause i'm in the worst spot possible for a good interest rate. only one good line of credit (06 kia spectra paid off), no cosigner, and a small down payment, oh and a crappy trade in. So i'm thinking that i'm gonna run my current car into the ground while i save up for a down payment.

Although its not gonna stop me from going over there and seeing what he's willing to offer me monthly haha

haha, yeah thats pretty much what i'd do. It sounds pretty worth it, if i can get a good deal through the dealership financing, then its something i'll probably do. its only at 60,000 miles, has upgraded intake, exhaust, alloy rims, and its tuned on E85 which that part idk if i'd change or not.

http://www.boothmotorsllc.com/inventory/view/6479112/2008-Subaru-Legacy%20Spec%20B%20w/Nav

Mods without any records of who did them or reliability = asking for trouble.

Walk away. I'd offer $16k, get shouted at and walk away.

Keep looking.

How many miles are on both cars? That should be considered. The specBs usually sell a little over blue book because they're harder to find. The 6mt is worth it IMO.

the other is an automatic tranny 2005 legacy gt with about 65k miles for a little over 13k. while this one is more closer to 60k, is an 08, and i do agree the mods are making me a little uneasy... if i end up leasing then buying, would i have to pay repairs for the mods going out during the lease?

I can stop by tomorrow and check it out for you, I live in longmont and have delt with these guys before.

Feel free to try it out, but after he gave me a quote on the 05 gt 5EAT at 30% interest, im gonna keep digging for a cosigner or a bigger down. Im only 22 though, dont know why I expected better

The book value is only 2-3k apart. 13k is cheap for 08 LGT, 21k is expensive for 08 Specb.

Exactly, that's why your question about 8k difference is irrelevant. spec b is worth 17-18k give or take so that's your start point. Yeh it's worth the price difference IMHO. IF you were to price out the parts alone, even used it would be much more than difference in price paid. It's modded but it might be as well modded right. Tell the dealer it's heavily modded, unknown reliability and give them reality check price wise.

Archived