LegacyGT.com

The Official PS4 thread

DickDastardly00

Who else is excited for tonight?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I just posted 3 reviews above, all of them seem positive. I wouldn't say I'm excited, curious would be a better word. I will be taking note of how well the console is received and the feedback from the early adopters as it will help influence my decision on which console to buy long term.

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What exactly will PS4 do that my current PS3 doesn't?

It can play 4K video (vs 1080p on PS3), the games play up to 1080p @60fps (vs 720p @ 24fps on PS3), and there's a bunch of little "added-value" things like posting replays to facebook, etc. That's probably the biggest difference. If you don't own a 4K screen/projector, and do your gaming on your computer, you don't need it.

• 3 months later...

PS4 sales hit 5.3 million ahead of Japan launch, while Xbox One sits pretty at 3.6 million

Sony, after declaring that its PlayStation 4 was out-selling the Xbox One almost two-to-one in January, has confirmed that it has sold more than 5.3 million PS4s between its launch on November 15 and February 8. The Xbox One, by comparison, had sold 3 million units by the end of 2013. This is before the PS4 launches in its home country of Japan, too; once that occurs on February 22 we can expect the PS4 to surge even further ahead of the Xbox One.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/176816-ps4-sales-hit-5-3-million-ahead-of-japan-launch-while-xbox-one-sits-pretty-at-3-6-million

• 3 years later...

Lost interest after GT5 tbh, I heard GT6 was better from a very trusted source who like me, has played ever singe GT Game through GT5, even the imports, he has since sold his PS3 and copy of GT6.

I heard GT sport has no older model cars, if that's true, it would be a huge turnoff for me. At this point I think I'm losing interest in simulators in general, I DL'd Project Cars when it was free game and barely touched it. I'm only moderately interested in FM7. I play the crap out of Forza Horizon 3 though, love open world driving games, can't get enough. Super excited for the Crew 2, flying planes, driving race boats in addition to paved and off-road vehicles, yeah sign me up for that.

I will say the GT Sport Livery editor looks good though. It's about time Kaz pulled his head out of his.....he fought that for years 'because people do stupid thing to cars both IRL and in games', but who cares? Would rather have a livery editor than not have anything at all.

Been playing Horizon Zero Dawn for awhile now. Great game, very very good fighting system and well-balanced weapons. The combo of weapons, traps, etc make you feel like you have *just* enough firepower to take down the big machines if you play your hand right.

Well, today Forza 7 gets a strike against it....no production cars from Toyota, still not as bad as no older cars in GT sport but not good either.

Archived