LegacyGT.com

Does the Cobb AP really delete the 420 code?

in for the kill story

Originally Posted by WaspGT http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

335.7hp@3800 & 454.6lbs@3800

with VF40 and stock TMIC--nope

and accurate hp and torque numbers

lol at Accessport info

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant take it... yes i work at Dover Auto World now, before this i worked for Stratham Mitsubishi for the little Arab version of Danny Davito. The stock EVO is effing PATHETIC!!!! I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED WHEN I DROVE IT I NEARLY TOOK A SHIT ON THE RECARO'S. As amazing as it looks on the interior, the outside is boring, and the take off is sluggish, not impressive AT ALL. The engine has less than 300HP.

The Auto version, the Twin clutch SST, is def a little quicker, but still not as fast as my car... or any of yours... unless you drive stock and have no place behind the wheel. I raced a stock X and won... yes. If this is hard to swallow than youve obviously never driven one. On the other hand a built, flame spewing, blacked out

Evo X, smoked my crotch rocket last summer coming off the traffic circle on Lafayette Rd. So again... do they have more potential, maybe... but stock is SLOW.

in for the kill story

Originally Posted by WaspGT http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

335.7hp@3800 & 454.6lbs@3800

with VF40 and stock TMIC--nope

and accurate hp and torque numbers

lol at Accessport info

Buddy, how did i know that the Cobb AP Dynomometer was garbage? Ive never had one before... i almost shit myself when i got those figures. Why wouldnt i post them? KY

I think the Cobb AP dyno has truly impacted your understanding (placebo effect?) of what power feels like. I almost bought an EVO 9 that had cams done and the power it produced throughout the RPM range was quite a bit more than my stage 2 tuned (not OTS) LGT. Mashing the gas anywhere over 2500 RPM was instant torque and it's curb weight is much more desirable than our sedan. I just couldn't accept the boy racer feel and cheapness of the interior (although the X is better in that department).

Do you sport a flat brimmed cap when your killing evo's with your beast of a LGT?

I think the Cobb AP dyno has truly impacted your understanding (placebo effect?) of what power feels like. I almost bought an EVO 9 that had cams done and the power it produced throughout the RPM range was quite a bit more than my stage 2 tuned (not OTS) LGT. Mashing the gas anywhere over 2500 RPM was instant torque and it's curb weight is much more desirable than our sedan. I just couldn't accept the boy racer feel and cheapness of the interior (although the X is better in that department).

Do you sport a flat brimmed cap when your killing evo's with your beast of a LGT?

You said it right there, an EVO with cams. Thats a major internal mod for Christ sake, which in turn would have to be remapped to accept it via ECU tuning. I hate repeating myself... i worked next to these cars everyday, hence have driven them countless times. They arent impressive out of the box. Stop pretending to be so knowledgable, internet tough guy. :lol:

Maybe about the EJ, sure, afterall this is my first one but, not my first build. i have better things to do than to lie on a forum to a bunch strangers via fabricated war stories. If i said i did something, it happened. Wtf is a turbodog?

Heres a question for all of you EJ257 Veterans, i found a bolt on BOV for my car. Does it throw a CEL like Audi does or will the LGT accept it? I believe it has the option for recirc as well... which is ideally what id prefer.

I dont have a nick name, but thanks. So apparently youre all too cool for me. If i wanted to deal with a bunch of self righteous assholes id go buy another VW and join the GrimWater club in ME. But hey go be a hero on another thread.

I agree and would be foolish if I thought otherwise about the EVO. If its tuned its faster, stock, they really aren't that quick. I've never driven an 8, but have heard they're faster. I raced a stock X and won. That's all I said and get called a liar and prodded at, it's great. I'm new to the 2.5T, so I got my motor confused with the STI. I don't think I've built a super car, it's pretty close to stock. I'm just impressed at how powerful it feels as is. I've built fast cars, this one has potential. So people can hate on me if they want, I didn't think there were any judges here. But I really do appreciate advice as tips from people who know this vehicle, as I am still learning. Thanks.

it's an EJ255. and don't get a BOV, there's a reason the oem is a BPV. The fact that your HID's are 6000000k and you have a BOV leads me to believe you are too fast and too furious.

I know what im feeling, this isnt my first rodeo. My HID's are 10k, asshat. I prefer a recirc over atmospheric purge any day, but am considering an upgrade because im upgrading the turbo. Tell me something how many cars have you actually built... real ones, not on your Playstation?:lol:

Archived