LegacyGT.com

Does the Cobb AP really delete the 420 code?

now I have heard also that you should not clear the code prior to installing the map? people have said if you do clear it, it will not complete all of the ready checks which will cause an emissions recheck even with no light on. any truth to this btw?

sorry to hijack for a minute..

:hide:

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay so I finished the install hours ago, sorry for the delay... Day off family time, u know the drill. First of all, this was the simplest install on a big power upgrade that I've ever done... Nice. Secondly it deleted the CEL even before the flash was complete... Nice again. Third, I haven't played with it much but it literally enables you to control just about everything. With the few minor bolt ons I've got I'm cranking 303 HP & 373 lbs of torque on the Cobb AP dynomometer. And that was only two tries. I know I can do better.. I just need to get use to the new powerband. I'm using the Stage 2 93 octane map. Awesome!

Okay so I finished the install hours ago, sorry for the delay... Day off family time, u know the drill. First of all, this was the simplest install on a big power upgrade that I've ever done... Nice. Secondly it deleted the CEL even before the flash was complete... Nice again. Third, I haven't played with it much but it literally enables you to control just about everything. With the few minor bolt ons I've got I'm cranking 303 HP & 373 lbs of torque on the Cobb AP dynometer. And that was only two tries. I know I can do better.. I just need to get use to the new powerband. I'm using the Stage 2 93 octane map. Awesome!

wow holy shit that's awesome wasp. let us kno if the cel comes back on within the next month nd if you get any more hp out of the ap. Def just made my decision easier

Please, please, please do NOT mod your car without having tuning options in place, without researching heavily what you want to achieve and having done your research, having funds in place to repair your vehicle.

Beware: you will pay the price, sooner or later if you if you take advice from folks who don't know the LegacyGT, or read something on the internet, let alone here.

I've learned the very hard way and you ought to listen before adding mods to your car.

Best of luck!

Please, please, please do NOT mod your car without having tuning options in place, without researching heavily what you want to achieve and having done your research, having funds in place to repair your vehicle.

Beware: you will pay the price, sooner or later if you if you take advice from folks who don't know the LegacyGT, or read something on the internet, let alone here.

I've learned the very hard way and you ought to listen before adding mods to your car.

Best of luck!

This is very true, which is why i researched the Cobb AP, CB Exhaust, and DP before i bought them, and then followed up with more questions about the CAP here. Although this is my first turbo'd Subaru, ive been building cars for almost 16 years. A friend of mine built a Forester XT and had it pro-tuned... his Dyno run was 252HP & 315lbs. My car runs better and seems to be more powerful with the CAP. Best $500 i've spent in years. However, since this car is new to me, i dont think anyone should solely place their faith in my knowledge on this particular matter. I can tell you one thing, when i upgrade to the 20G sitting in my garage, im taking the LGT in for a Pro Tune... but for now... im ecstatic:D

dddaaaaaammmmmmnnnnnnn so pumped to get mine. probly wont push mine that much tho. that's still rediculous

I dont want to push mine to the limit either, which is why i set the CAP Dynomometer for 1st gear and a simple 1000 to 5000rpm launch... and thats what it read... still im not completely certain on how accurate these figures are on the AP so dont buy into the hype without researching your decisions first... after all, no 2 engines are alike!;)

I dont want to push mine to the limit either, which is why i set the CAP Dynometer for 1st gear and a simple 1000 to 5000rpm launch... and thats what it read... still im not completely certain on how accurate these figures are on the AP so dont buy into the hype without researching your decisions first... after all, no 2 engines are alike!;)

yes your right. im just glad to hear someone having the same problem with the same dp finding a solid solution.

Appreciated, i just dont want people to think that a new member is attempting to hand out advice when in fact he came here for it in the first place!:lol:

...but yes, the vendor i purchased the CNT DP from claimed that i could just bolt it on and that the LGT would accept it with a grain of salt... which of course was a BIG FAT LIE! :mad:

Appreciated, i just dont want people to think that a new member is attempting to hand out advice when in fact he came here for it in the first place!:lol:

...but yes, the vendor i purchased the CNT DP from claimed that i could just bolt it on and that the LGT would accept it with a grain of salt... which of course was a BIG FAT LIE! :mad:

Damn man I thought I just got stuck with a newbe dp maker nd got a crappy dp. I had to hit mine with the torch nd bend it to get it away from the driveshaft. did he also forget to mention that you needed an adaptor in between the dp nd the mid pipe? cause I got that shaft too

Damn man I thought I just got stuck with a newbe dp maker nd got a crappy dp. I had to hit mine with the torch nd bend it to get it away from the driveshaft. did he also forget to mention that you needed an adaptor in between the dp nd the mid pipe? cause I got that shaft too

Bwaahaa! yeah i had to do that too... works fine now... and sounds great too. Hey check out the thread on here that talks about how accurate the Cobb AP Dynomometer is before you take these numbers of mine to heart:lol:

You're not getting 454 ft/lb of Torque on stage 2.

No shit... i read the thread on here about the accuracy of the Cobb AP Dynomometer, one of the guys on there said that it told him he was at 750hp and 1100lbs:eek:, Lulz... and... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I still think its pretty fun.

Archived