LegacyGT.com

Does the Cobb AP really delete the 420 code?

well I refuse to take advise from someone who is too god damn lazy to push a clutch in nd actually drive a car. I can smell the pussy juice from here

I refuse to take anything seriously when somebody can't make use of proper grammar.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated Too

I see nothing useful here... this thread is full of fail.

Mr 24 hour PA, someone ought to advise you where you may have dropped the grammar clanger. Although I was particularly fond of the condinsation in your early thread. No one expects perfection in a forum but if you're cruising for trouble and a n00b then anything will likely get you shot down. So when there's a wobbly red line under your piffle of words you can be reasonably sure something is wrong. That's my top tip for the moment.

Mr Wasp, on the other hand... Referring to us as MF's and threatening to send us all home with our pearly wonders in a paper bag, classic stuff! You are clearly destined for fame on this forum. Please carry on. Would you care for a bigger shovel?

If the driver knew how to drive and stopped having a stroke, the evo 10 stock would kick your ass all day and night.

As would that Mini Cooper, right Tony? You're about as noob as it gets, thanks for the support.

I see nothing useful here... this thread is full of fail.

Mr 24 hour PA, someone ought to advise you where you may have dropped the grammar clanger. Although I was particularly fond of the condinsation in your early thread. No one expects perfection in a forum but if you're cruising for trouble and a n00b then anything will likely get you shot down. So when there's a wobbly red line under your piffle of words you can be reasonably sure something is wrong. That's my top tip for the moment.

Mr Wasp, on the other hand... Referring to us as MF's and threatening to send us all home with our pearly wonders in a paper bag, classic stuff! You are clearly destined for fame on this forum. Please carry on. Would you care for a bigger shovel?

I thought that this forum might be helpful and I might be able to learn a few things about might new Subaru, seeing as how I'm unfamiliar with the flat four and Subaru in general. Sorry If I paid over $500 for a highly recommended software tool like the Cobb AP, and then get excited because it has a Dynamometer and I got ridiculous results. I didn't realize it was a joke. So I get made fun of fit it by so call respected forum members? That's real inviting, no seriously, I learned a lot from all the cheap comments. It may be my first scions, but it's not my first build. If I'm not wanted here, it's cool, I could care less either way. I thought it might be a chance to meet some cool people taut were into the same shit that I am... But don't think for a second that I'm gonna allow a bunch of jerk-offs to run their gums and not have something to say. It's easy to hide behind a keyboard. I'll have to agree though, this thread was a Fail. Sorry.

And back to calling names.

As I have said, it's not about not wanting you here. It's about you making ridiculous claims that are just not true. I could say I raced a Ferrari yesterday and won. So my stock legacy is faster than a Ferrari. Would you believe it? Doubt it.

As I have said, it's not about not wanting you here. It's about you making ridiculous claims that are just not true. I could say I raced a Ferrari yesterday and won. So my stock legacy is faster than a Ferrari. Would you believe it? Doubt it.

Fair enough... but, the fact still remains that i lined up with an Evolution X, and i beat it. Ive been selling cars for 10 years... ive been an enthusiast for much longer. My point is that ive driven hundreds of vehicles, including some pretty amazing exotics. People tend to make Unicorns from anything that may seem just out of reach... but when it comes right down to it, and you actually get to drive your Unicorn, well... most times it ends up in bitter dissapointment. Like my infatuation with the BNR32GTR. Magical beast? Yeah maybe in the late 80's and early 90's. Tuned... well you can pretty much make anything faster if youve got the bread... but another fact remains... out of the box... its not that mind-blowing, is it? The Evo X manual is SLOOOOW. Ive driven them... the SST twin, different story... but still not that impressive compared to all the hype. I just dont understand why im being attacked for telling the truth. I can tell you one thing, i wish i never said anything. This is absurd:confused:

690330739_Auction159.thumb.jpg.fd0c00563ae5feb449d165f8e1765b93.jpg

We are cool - stick it out

One of the best forums on the net here...

I'd like to... if not for friends , then at least to make something out of a great car that has the potential to be greater.

Fair enough... but, the fact still remains that i lined up with an Evolution X, and i beat it. Ive been selling cars for 10 years... ive been an enthusiast for much longer. My point is that ive driven hundreds of vehicles, including some pretty amazing exotics. People tend to make Unicorns from anything that may seem just out of reach... but when it comes right down to it, and you actually get to drive your Unicorn, well... most times it ends up in bitter dissapointment. Like my infatuation with the BNR32GTR. Magical beast? Yeah maybe in the late 80's and early 90's. Tuned... well you can pretty much make anything faster if youve got the bread... but another fact remains... out of the box... its not that mind-blowing, is it? The Evo X manual is SLOOOOW. Ive driven them... the SST twin, different story... but still not that impressive compared to all the hype. I just dont understand why im being attacked for telling the truth. I can tell you one thing, i wish i never said anything. This is absurd:confused:

I've been along for a ride in a stock x. Not slow by any means. Much quicker than a stage 2 LGT.

I've been along for a ride in a stock x. Not slow by any means. Much quicker than a stage 2 LGT.

Driven several times... i just dont see it. I guess i just dont care anymore. Maybe the kid was a retard behind the wheel:confused:

I thought this was a Subaru Legacy forum? Why does everyone here seem to have EVO penis envy?:eek:

Driven several times... i just dont see it. I guess i just dont care anymore. Maybe the kid was a retard behind the wheel:confused:

I thought this was a Subaru Legacy forum? Why does everyone here seem to have EVO penis envy?:eek:

It has nothing to do wit envy. Rather we know out cars and respect others.

• I Donated Too

I see a lot of people say check the nasty sock forums for the uppipes... as the standard STI up fits just fine but my personal preference is for the Perrin up as it's thin and weedy and helps the spool... each to their own, there's lots to choose from. But yes, if you have the cat in there, it needs to go! Can't recommend enough... get a proper tune. The Cobb isn't it... cookie cut yes, GREAT TUNE, not. Get the up, get the down... come get tuned properly...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/brentuning-legacygt-com-dyno-day-part-2-199246.html

Or at least just come down and say hello. Make some friends...

I see a lot of people say check the nasty sock forums for the uppipes... as the standard STI up fits just fine but my personal preference is for the Perrin up as it's thin and weedy and helps the spool... each to their own, there's lots to choose from. But yes, if you have the cat in there, it needs to go! Can't recommend enough... get a proper tune. The Cobb isn't it... cookie cut yes, GREAT TUNE, not. Get the up, get the down... come get tuned properly...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/brentuning-legacygt-com-dyno-day-part-2-199246.html

Or at least just come down and say hello. Make some friends...

Now that the new feeling has worn off with the Cobb, I must admit, I'm wishing I had gotten it tuned instead. I imagine I'll keep the AP, but I'm def down for a real tune and to see some "legit" dyno numbers. I'd like to put my 20G, injectors, up pipe, larger TMIC, etc in before I tune it though. I had a plan for the particular mods I wanted. I'm not trying to over tune, because I still want this to be a DD, but I'm not going to be satisfied with just 300hp either. I met up with SCaseys the other night during the storm and he suggested the STI up pipe as well... Before I damage my motor.

STI up pipe works. Can be had for next to nothing. I bought a grimmspeed ceramic coated one though. Quality on it is bar none.

Let us know when you're ready to get a real tune on there. We can get her running real good down here at BrenTuning.

• I Donated
Now that the new feeling has worn off with the Cobb, I must admit, I'm wishing I had gotten it tuned instead. I imagine I'll keep the AP, but I'm def down for a real tune and to see some "legit" dyno numbers. I'd like to put my 20G, injectors, up pipe, larger TMIC, etc in before I tune it though. I had a plan for the particular mods I wanted. I'm not trying to over tune, because I still want this to be a DD, but I'm not going to be satisfied with just 300hp either. I met up with SCaseys the other night during the storm and he suggested the STI up pipe as well... Before I damage my motor.

See, when we see this kind of post, we tend to try to help out rather than ridicule. ;)

The AP OTS maps are not that great -- especially the Stage 2 one. Even if you just get a Stage 2 e-tune for ~$150, you will get better results.

Personally, I really like the Evo 16G that I mentioned I had earlier. Can be run with stock fueling. I guess it really depends on whether you're going to get the itch for more power later. I will say that the 20G is pretty laggy on our cars. The 16G is pretty close to stock in terms of lag.

If you go with a 16G, I'd probably recommend the BP TMIC mod for the stock TMIC. If you go for more boost than that, the Process West is the best option IMO. The other TMICs are more likely to heat-soak.

My tails are tinted. And yes, I'm a dickhead.

Laffy don't even get me going.....

I met with OP and we discussed the forum and mods

He needs and uncatted UP ASAP

He at least got the AP to get a stage 2 tune for his DP

"hazing" is just part of growing up here, you take your lumps and get back up

just as long as you don't ask the same question twice....

true.jpg.3a43aadc5ab4720f68e1baabb41f7d1c.jpg

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Yeah, im done with the negativity. I've got enough headaches from more pressing matters;ie work, etc. I do however appreciate all of the helpful info from all of the Sub-Guru's here... as i am still finding out thing the hard way due to my stubborn independance:rolleyes:.

I am, however looking forward to a real tune... and of course the up pipe so i dont blow myself up:lol:

^ we all know that

OP has stock catted UP and recently installed a DP

he is running a stage 2 tune off his newly aquired AP

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Archived