LegacyGT.com

Strange new acceleration issue - input appreciated

If you watch fpdc it will increase from 33%-66%-100% during throttle travel. The fpdc does not go down at any point during wot acceleration which jumped out at me first since his mechanic thought fuel pump.

Fueling doesnt apear to be the issue here.

Keep in mind that even though the 05-06 are dbw, the tables are not integrated into everything else via requested torque like the 07+ vehicles.

Im curious of the cam/crank signal during this event.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

I just dug up Strizzy's post and I think I'm actually off in my remembering unfortunately--he was only having logging issues, not actual driving issues. Bummer.

I don't see how the tune would be the culprit if it hasn't been changed in 4 months...? Seems more likely that something was unplugged / knocked during the recent maintenance.

Have you checked for any pending engine codes?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
Catalyst, did you use the clamp I send with the bullet-proof TMIC kits to secure the BPV hose to the manifold? If that has somehow come off, it would be nearly impossible to see unless you are looking for it. I don't know the overall effects if that pops off and suspect it would cause more issues, but if you haven't secured it yet it's a possibility.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Im curious of the cam/crank signal during this event.

Dave

This is interesting to me. During the 90K when accessory belts were replaced, the GS LWCP was installed. I know the ground wasn't disconnected for this process since I didn't have to set the clock, radio station presets, or the like. Perhaps something is amiss with the crank position sensor?

perhaps some vac hose routings were changed by accident
No vac hose routing changes have occurred.

Catalyst, did you use the clamp I send with the bullet-proof TMIC kits to secure the BPV hose to the manifold? If that has somehow come off, it would be nearly impossible to see unless you are looking for it. I don't know the overall effects if that pops off and suspect it would cause more issues, but if you haven't secured it yet it's a possibility.
I've checked that connection and it does have a corbin clamp on the IM side of that vac line. With the PW I can easily access the "T" fitting and verify the line to the IM. I will verify all vac lines and silicone couplers for the TMIC again tonight. I'd think that my LV would show some kind of post-MAF leak though.

fuel is driven from MAF readings. if i were him I'd try a different map or revision to rule out a corrupt file....
I can definitely load a different revision to my tune (pre-final) to see if the issue goes away. My previous tune/map to this one was without the upgraded TMIC so I'd like to avoid loading that one to keep variables limited for troubleshooting. I would find it hard to believe the tune to be the case since the car has run smooth and trouble free for so long (until the 90K service was performed).

My issue was, as BMB said, a logging issue that was resolved by replacing the ECU.

What has me confused is MRP going into vacuum with 100% throttle.

Log your voltage, as the alternator can do some weird things at higher RPMs and can cause some interference.

With the ignition in the ON position, but not started, press the throttle and see if you notice any odd noises coming from the throttle body as it opens and closes.

Do you have a boost gauge? What does that read when the problem occurs? Do you see that reading vacuum? That should rule out a bad MAP sensor.

Any chance different heat range spark plugs?? I briefly read over the thread sorry if I missed anything

Shouldn't be. These were OEM spec NGKs I got from IP&T.

My issue was, as BMB said, a logging issue that was resolved by replacing the ECU.

What has me confused is MRP going into vacuum with 100% throttle.

Log your voltage, as the alternator can do some weird things at higher RPMs and can cause some interference.

With the ignition in the ON position, but not started, press the throttle and see if you notice any odd noises coming from the throttle body as it opens and closes.

Do you have a boost gauge? What does that read when the problem occurs? Do you see that reading vacuum? That should rule out a bad MAP sensor.

I will add voltage to the logging parameters when I do some pulls if flashing another revision doesn't eliminate the issue. I'll also try the method described to see if the TB is making odd noises.

I don't have a boost gauge so outside of logs I can't verify if it is or is not showing vac or boost.

Update:

Started with flashing the ECU with different map to ensure no corruption. Flashed the stock map back on, completed ECU write, and then flashed my stage 2 base map on and completed the write. Finally flashed my pre-final revision and drove. Problem still exists but RPM it occurs at shifted right to 5500RPM.

Also verified that the event occurs in 1st through 4th at WOT at the given RPM. I must not have actually done 100% throttle in 1st gear when first diagnosing.

Checked over all vacuum lines and no visible issues.

Had ignition in ON position and modulated throttle through entire range and listened for abnormal noise. I can hear it functioning through the range, and it sounds smooth and from what I can tell normal.

Still need to log with voltage enabled, attempt to gauge boost/vac, and try out my OEM BPV to continue ruling things out. I'm tempted to buy a throttle body to get it on the way. Might be time to spring for a VBG-1 as well.

IT'S NOT LUPUS! :lol:

All I know is that there has to be a physical restriction going on upstream of the MAP sensor, otherwise there is no way it would pull vac. However I am with TonyRas that a faulty TB would be sending a code of some sort. Would love to get my hands on the car to see what is going on.

^^yea well you may be seeing mine soon too.. unless I can figure it out on my own.. hoping I get time today if work slows down to try a few things..

I will have to go look for your thread...

How's your turbo inlet?

Stock? Aftermarket?

Is it possible that it could be sucking itself closed?

Ooh, I like that one. Good call Strizzy.

OEM Inlet. That would make sense if it were starving the turbo at high load.

This is quite the mystery. In an attempt to keep narrowing the results, I went ahead and loaded my old Infamous map and the event still occurs. I don't think this is the tune. I went ahead and logged a bit more and included some throttle parameters that I was hoping may assist, as well as battery voltage (at least to rule out some other possibilities). Still no codes, no CEL and the event is present in 1st through 4th gears.

:spin::spin::spin:

romraiderlog_Troubleshooting_06LGT5MT_3rdGear_20130131_084419.csv

romraiderlog_Troubleshooting_06LGT5MT_3rdGear_20130131_084446.csv

romraiderlog_Troubleshooting_06LGT5MT_4thGear_20130131_084521.csv

If the ECU is detecting something to initiate this event despite throttle input, could it possibly be spark related? I keep falling back to what was done before this occurred. Otherwise I can get an inlet on the way if that seems prudent. I know when my UP/DP were installed the OEM inlet showed fatigue on the turbo side due to the local Subaru Stealership monkeyfucking it onto the warranty replacement VF40.

If the ECU is detecting something to initiate this event despite throttle input, could it possibly be spark related? I keep falling back to what was done before this occurred. Otherwise I can get an inlet on the way if that seems prudent. I know when my UP/DP were installed the OEM inlet showed fatigue on the turbo side due to the local Subaru Stealership monkeyfucking it onto the warranty replacement VF40.

Do you know what your plugs were gapped to?

I was having an issue with spark blow-out. But usually happens with higher boost and more air being pushed into the motor.

I don't remember if I was pulling vacuum when that was happening though. But my car did start running like crap when that started happening.

Archived