LegacyGT.com

Connor's '05 LGT Wagon

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My next problem is where the hell I'm going to put my dual radium catch cans, there's no room left!

Thinking maybe get a microbattery and mount them next to it?

If you're set on the dual catch cans instead of an AOS, then that's your best option - assuming you don't want to sacrifice wagon practicality for a battery relocation. Radium makes very nice stuff!

The IM looks fantastic, I'll have to consider doing something similar for mine.

Edited by legacybt

If you're set on the dual catch cans instead of an AOS, then that's your best option - assuming you don't want to sacrifice wagon practicality for a battery relocation. Radium makes very nice stuff!

The IM looks fantastic, I'll have to consider doing something similar for mine.

I'm mostly set on the cans because... I already have them. :redface:

Definitely don't want to relocate, but I think a smaller battery should work. Gives me an excuse to get rid of the garish red Optima for something black, maybe I'll put that in Sentra if it fits.

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

Even with the manifold off I thought there was no way that inlet would fit, I just had to put it on before the TGVs then wedge it out of the way.

I'll post the graph print out tomorrow once I scan it at work, but it made a beautiful curve with the relevant numbers being 358/376 @ 22psi on 93 octane after we dialed it down to give my bearings some relief. Jr said we could have pushed it to 400hp, but definitely didn't recommend that route so I followed his guidance. Once I build an engine we'll push it a little further.

Dyno graph.

gtx3067r%20dyno-XL.jpg

And compared to my last VF40 dyno.

vf40dyno-XL.jpg

I'll try and get it on Kelly-Moss's mustang dyno again soon to see a more direct comparison.

Edited by Con.Harr91

It's fantastic. Jr really spent most of his time focusing on the drivability aspect, dialing in specific rpm ranges on light throttle and only did a few full pulls to get it sorted. It runs better than it ever did with a Cobb map or eTune.

As good of a comparison as I can get, but Kelly Moss didn't have an intercooler blower so we were seeing a lot of heat soak on the dyno. I was expecting it to be less than P&L's Dynojet, but certainly not such a drastic decrease. I might try it again with a laser thermometer to check IC temps with a turbo blanket, a better blower setup, and a water sprayer to try and cool it down between runs. Solid lines are with the GTX3067R, and the dashed lines are stage 2 VF40.

comparedyno-X2.jpg

I'll just pretend this morning never happened and keep believing the Dynojet numbers. :lol:

I suppose the over-under seems correct compared to the KillerB "Spoolinator" w/ gtx3067r, as they were getting 330/350 on a Mustang.

Going to enjoy it like this for a while, build an engine, get a "spoolinator" kit, and then go E85 with ID1300s. Then it'll be "done". :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I bet it was nice to get up there and open that thing up on the rural roads with the new setup.

I've always wanted to go to the race but I haven't made it yet.

I'm headed to northern WI next week, boosting season is upon us!