LegacyGT.com

Connor's '05 LGT Wagon

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went and picked up a 2011 STI trans swap tonight. Rear tires were tucking the whole way home but never rubbed! :lol:

I was putting off taking photos until I finally got the car polished out and detailed properly, but I'm rarely in town long enough to get much done lately.

The wagon has come a long way from where it started

• 2 weeks later...
My DCCDpro controller project snowballed. Although I bought it with everything I needed to make it work, I like things to be as OEM as possible. So I bought a 2011 STi center console (which *should* bolt in) to utilize the factory DCCD controls with the Spiider. So now the Spiider needs to be sent back and reprogramed for use with OEM controls. And I needed new boots for the shifter and ebrake, and right now I'm leaning towards a dark gray alcantara with yellow stitching? But, then I think I'll send my DAMD wheel in to get rewrapped as well. Partly so the stitching matches, and partly because the low quality leather its made with has already started wearing through in under 10k miles. :spin:

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

• 2 months later...
Car has just been sitting in my shop for a few months, with the STi center console still halfway installed and no further progress attempted on the DCCD controller setup. Been busy with work, went to SEMA, spent a week in Philly, holidays, drove down to North Carolina for New Years, just got back from a week in Tokyo for the auto salon and other shenanigans, now trying to make progress on building a new 20k sqft facility for my business and a couple tenants before heading down to Florida for Amelia Island. Lifes rough. :lol::spin:

83188342_10215659190248789_8951828961562722304_o.thumb.jpg.67f74b49ae90e0812345c7ba4b6fbb5a.jpg

We also rented cars in Tokyo and took a road trip out to the Initial D cafe. Turns out that stock, beat to shit, high-mileage Japanese cars from the 90's aren't that impressive even if they're R34 GTRs. :lol:

49379820557_62c099e380_k.thumb.jpg.35ed6d836a608f4ca0f4a8ecdce00134.jpg

• 1 month later...
Took it out for the first drive of the year on Sunday. I've missed boost.

Otherwise I haven't really touched it since November, "life" keeps getting in the way.

Looks so clean :wub:

This 'ronavirus panic is a sonofabitch. All of these appointment cancellations and delays may give me the free time to work on my own car. That new shop development looks a lot less promising as well.

No joke! Its only going to get worse before it gets better. I've been hunkering down and preparing to trim the fat from my business.

I finally got a quote from the upholstery shop about my interior project. Will be about $1,000 to shape and rewrap my DAMD wheel, have shifter and ebrake boots made, and have my center console arm rest rewrapped. Everything with yellow stitching. Definitely not a good time to spend that money, but I still want to!

• 3 weeks later...

The hits just keep on coming. We've been on a lockdown for two weeks with three more to do, during which my "non essential" business is shut down. Last Sunday the rotating assembly in my Forester decided it wants to identify as a stationary assembly. :spin:

Time to go car shopping for a new daily...

No joke! Its only going to get worse before it gets better. I've been hunkering down and preparing to trim the fat from my business.

I finally got a quote from the upholstery shop about my interior project. Will be about $1,000 to shape and rewrap my DAMD wheel, have shifter and ebrake boots made, and have my center console arm rest rewrapped. Everything with yellow stitching. Definitely not a good time to spend that money, but I still want to!

I hear ya, But I am still sending my car to be built on the 20th this month. People just have to make sure to really have no debt. I am one who has paid cash for all my cars and left credit cards and loans 18 years ago. :redface: I have order I am filling for car items and other things I do on the side.

Since I'm trying not to spend money while my business is shut down (just got extended another month here in Wisconsin), I decided to go out and buy a new daily driver to replace my dead Forester. :rolleyes:

Got this one owner 2013 VW Touareg TDI Lux with 75k miles on it. So far its awesome, a real tank. This thing weighs just a hair short of 5,000lbs, produces 240hp/405ft-lbs, can tow 7700 pounds, and still gets over 30mpgs. :cool:

If the world ever stops ending and track days are allowed to happen again I'll buy an aluminum open trailer to haul my LGT with this.

CTH_2142.thumb.jpg.042a66ad2df4d9df573d7da72d546c28.jpg

CTH_2151.thumb.jpg.57ebe8773266e97af38a50c380ffbc86.jpg

• 1 month later...