LegacyGT.com

Connor's '05 LGT Wagon

Few new things over the past year. Took it out for another event at Blackhawk last month, and melted more of the bumper. Was pretty pleased overall though, it was around 95 degrees that day and the car was rock solid over three 20 minute sessions, and I usually push the car pretty hard the entire time.

Other than that I got some new wheels earlier this year, 18" Enkei TSVs, for a street wheel so I don't chew up my track tires commuting. I also added front and rear JDM "aero spats", a new front lip, JDM tail lights, brand new headlights, and some fancy bits from Madrig (blue carbon extended scoop, blue carbon extended wing, standard twill black carbon door sills). I also added the Redline Tuning hood struts since my hood proper kept falling out of place.

I think a 6 speed swap may be the next "big" upgrade. Either that or an IAG stage 2.5 closed deck block and a flex fuel setup for mo' powah babeh!

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, also entered the FL4T FEST car show on Saturday and won 1st place in the Legacy/Outback class as well as one of the sponsor's choice awards (Topshelf Performance). So that was fun!

Few new things over the past year. Took it out for another event at Blackhawk last month, and melted more of the bumper. Was pretty pleased overall though, it was around 95 degrees that day and the car was rock solid over three 20 minute sessions, and I usually push the car pretty hard the entire time.

Other than that I got some new wheels earlier this year, 18" Enkei TSVs, for a street wheel so I don't chew up my track tires commuting. I also added front and rear JDM "aero spats", a new front lip, JDM tail lights, brand new headlights, and some fancy bits from Madrig (blue carbon extended scoop, blue carbon extended wing, standard twill black carbon door sills). I also added the Redline Tuning hood struts since my hood proper kept falling out of place.

I think a 6 speed swap may be the next "big" upgrade. Either that or an IAG stage 2.5 closed deck block and a flex fuel setup for mo' powah babeh!

I can picture the words, but would be much more enjoyable with pictures...:)

We definitely need some concours photos. Super jealous once again. I’ll get down there someday.

I'll do a dump off my phone to a shareable folder, theres... a lot of them. What an exhausting week!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4p81or0zpxsx73u/AAAWMs834DWOhnGn8B3-6MxVa?dl=0

Heres several hundred photos from the past weekend in Monterey and Pebble Beach.

Edited by Con.Harr91

Nah, usually too exhausted to appreciate it. We were operating with a smaller team this year so we were stretched pretty thin. 4-6 hours of sleep a night, the rest is all rushing around attending to cars and trying to track down the owners. Highlights were that we helped put a Miura on the podium for a 3rd in class, it was the first time that owner had ever presented at Pebble, so that felt pretty good. The car came in from Switzerland, and got pretty messed up during transport. Lots of hours went into polishing that one... also got to drive Rob Walton's Ferrari 330 LMB from the lawn back to the trailer.

• 3 weeks later...
Managed an unofficial 1:24.X around Blackhawk on stopwatch, felt really good all day and didn't give me any issues. Had quite a few people come up to the car after the first session to figure out why the hell it was passing everything in sight. :lol:

Some in-car video from yesterday. I need to find a data overlay solution that isn't expensive, someone told me to check out Harry's Lap Timer app. Apparently it collects GPS and accelerometer data, then will overlay track position, lap number, speed, and G-forces. Also need to figure out why sound was off.

First session,

Second session,

Third session,

This was the Track Night in America event, which is cheaper at $150 for three 20 minute sessions, I think normal days are in the ~$250 range. I'm not sure why sound was off, I probably had the camera set up wrong. I'll have sound and data overlay next time around!

Went and picked up a 2011 STI trans swap tonight. Rear tires were tucking the whole way home but never rubbed! :lol:

I was putting off taking photos until I finally got the car polished out and detailed properly, but I'm rarely in town long enough to get much done lately.

_DSC7644-3.thumb.jpg.5011bbe0d6a71bed876a4adb8ab55639.jpg

_DSC7636-2-3.thumb.jpg.285f6aacc6e10752e57e60591dcd6bfc.jpg

_DSC7637-2-3.thumb.jpg.86a608e928b6541ee57c54b72e84b114.jpg

_DSC7646-3.thumb.jpg.f148dee7f4dc2df290aa9a21799a45ba.jpg

Edited by Con.Harr91

• 3 weeks later...

Trans is in! What a difference, its so much better than I had thought. It feels quite a bit quicker from the gearing, and everything is so much smoother. Really loving this ACT clutch too, engagement and modulation is miles better than the Comp Clutch, although part of that may be from switching to a pull-style clutch.

Today or tomorrow I'll wire up the DCCDpro controller and finish putting my interior together, but for now I'm just going to enjoy driving.

Went and picked up a 2011 STI trans swap tonight. Rear tires were tucking the whole way home but never rubbed! :lol:

I was putting off taking photos until I finally got the car polished out and detailed properly, but I'm rarely in town long enough to get much done lately.

Looks amazing :eek: Nice job brother. Where would one be able to find that hatch spoiler online?