LegacyGT.com

Any BMW fan bois here ?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys. I have another car in mind. I wonder if you can advise me on it??

I know about the issues with Vanos, the sub-frame, and valve adjustments. The seller is saying he has never had any issues with the Vanos or sub-frame. <<This according to his local BMW dealership. But, by the same token, he says he's never had the valves adjusted, this at now at 45625 miles.

I'm reading this as well... http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=189390

Hmmm....His sentence structure and grammar is telling. As in...how old is he, and how thrashed is this car? Sorry, I don't mean to be judgmental.

Thanks in advance!

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/3730845151.html

2006 BMW M3 Coupe.

Please tell me why I would buy a 135i over a 335i. One reason please....And don't be a prick about it.

2013 135is = 3208 lbs

2013 335is = 3891 lbs

So, there's 683 reasons.

2013 135is = just a tad bigger than my 1991 325ix.

2013 335is = frickin' huuuuge

Of course I'm a cheapskate so I'd go for something a couple/few years old, but the 2013 numbers were the ones I found first. :)

Why not pay the same for a newer 335i which outperforms what you posted?

Because they (other members included) want to drive big money cars without having big money. I totally understand buying a CPO to save money, as NSFW mentioned. It doesn't make sense to spend big $$$ on a big risk of a car for someones hand me downs just so you can say I drive a BMW.

I've been speaking with the owner again. He's 17, and had the car was handed down to him from his dad.

Valves have been adjusted according to Inspections I and II.

New clutch 800 miles ago.

Rear differential done 1000 mi. ago.

Alignment done with recent new tires.

Oil used is synthetic mobil 1.

New battery in January.

I would *for sure* get a PPI done at a BMW outlet to specifically look for sub-frame issues and run codes for the Vanos.

From what I'm reading (and learning) the Vanos has to be inspected at the source, rather than running codes?

I made a tentative offer of 21k for the car. He sounded willing for that.

And no....I'm not one of those guys that just wants to say "I drive a BMW". I truly want a good/ sound car, and am prepared to shop around.

I've been speaking with the owner again. He's 17

And no....I'm not one of those guys that just wants to say "I drive a BMW". I truly want a good/ sound car, and am prepared to shop around.

Then you should buy a subie or honda. Not an 8 year old M3 that a 17 YO has been driving. Unless of course you have $$$ for expensive parts and are a good mechanic. Either that or plan on spending 35K+ if you want a BMW that's not gonna give you issues, or if it does, said issues are covered under warranty.

Hmmmm....that's good advice. So obvious too. Duly noted.

I must have been blinded by what has been replaced recently. Oh....and that shiny black color ;)

17 year old plus new clutch at 45k = bad news.

Thank you.

If you're serious about the car, get a PPI. Call him (don't email or text) and while you are talking directly him, and only when you are directly talking to him (no voicemail), ask about getting a PPI. Just talking to him about it will tell you whether you should walk or proceed further. Leaving a message, texting, or email gives the seller a chance to come up with truthful-sounding lie, if he's smart.

A clutch replacement doesn't always mean the car was abused. I'm replacing the clutch in my M3 soon only b/c the TOB makes noise. The clutch still grabs like a mofo. The car in question could have had a noisy TOB.

OMFG, BMW forums suck so much ass it's not even funny, every last one of them.....:mad:

There are 4 types of posts that make up 98% of forum content, and here they are in order of popularity:

1) Help, something broke!....but I won't search anywhere before asking about an extremely common failure. I won't even ask google. :ohhh:

2) Yo, check my style, I gotz new rimz and tinted my tails. Will an M6 front bumper fit on my 5 series? That would look dope.:woowoo:

3) How much should this cost? The dealer is trying to take advantage of me, because I won't try to educate myself. :confused:

4) Please help me. I just bought this car, and I have some really stupid questions because I can't :rtfm:

Don't ever leave me guys :wub:

:)

What a dip shit. Either mommy and daddy have some $$$ to pay for things, or this kid is about to get in way way over his head in some lame ass attempt to look like a baller.

The first thing I think when I see someone like that in a car like that is rich mommy/daddy didn't earn it himself, or moron with poor financial priorities.

The whole of southern Kalifornia is a shitty place to live in my opinion. Yes, I've been there. No I still don't like the place. Although at least Camp Pendleton was somewhat "normal" and not crowded and completely shitty.

I should amend that to read: the entire state of Kalifornia is currently an overpriced, poorly governed, stagnant, over regulated, totalitarian shit hole.

I think that sums it up pretty well. Carry on.

I should amend that to read: the entire state of Kalifornia is currently an overpriced, poorly governed, stagnant, over regulated, totalitarian shit hole.

I think that sums it up pretty well. Carry on.

You left out that we also get shit for gasoline.

Archived