LegacyGT.com

Any BMW fan bois here ?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
1 series

BMWs worst vehicle to since their inception. They have no redeeming qualities for on road use. What a great track car the 135i is though.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

i would have already purchased a 7 series if they came in all wheel drive

7 series does come in AWD. Do you even know anything about BMW or are you just trolling?

BMWs worst vehicle to since their inception. They have no redeeming qualities for on road use. What a great track car the 135i is though.

Every series has a unique quality to itself. Bigger number might mean more expensive car, but it doesn't necessarily mean better. Each series has a very specific purpose. I'd like you to explain your theory on why the 1 series is the worst vehicle BMW has ever made and has no redeeming qualities for road use.

Easier to park.

Bam!

Done.

This is something I just noticed and I'm trying to figure this out in my head, but (for 2012) according to http://www.fueleconomy.gov the 135i gets worst gas mileage than the 335i.

In 2012 did the 335i get an updated transmission or something? The numbers are really different.

135 Auto - 18/25

135 Manu - 20/28

335 Auto - 23/33

335 Manu - 20/30

WTH?

7 series does come in AWD. Do you even know anything about BMW or are you just trolling?

Every series has a unique quality to itself. Bigger number might mean more expensive car, but it doesn't necessarily mean better. Each series has a very specific purpose. I'd like you to explain your theory on why the 1 series is the worst vehicle BMW has ever made and has no redeeming qualities for road use.

:munch:

The X6 is the worst vehicle BMW ever made.

I suppose the title of this thread attracts a certain bias in opinion anyway... but I'll say this. I had three E46's...

2004 330Ci 6-spd coupe:

http://i.imgur.com/6PTsM1j.jpg

2002 330i 5-spd sedan:

http://i.imgur.com/rImBtLj.jpg

(my favorite) 2006 6-spd M3 vert:

http://i.imgur.com/jQmRCGh.jpg

Before the 2004, I had a 2004 STi, bought new in 2003. After the M3, I had a Tundra, and now my Leggy. I loved each of those cars for one reason or another, did most of my own work, and of everything I've owned (including both Subarus), they were the most rock-solid reliable cars I've owned. I plan to own my Leggy until I've justified the purchase of a used F10 M5.

Yes, I believe that most BMW drivers hand the keys to the dealer when it comes time for service... but I believe the same thing about most cars (get ready... Legacys too!).

The people you're hearing from about the price of BMW maintenance aren't the people on enthusiast forums. It's like walking into a McDonald's & striking up a conversation about jogging, mountain biking, or anything that doesn't involve eating processed foods of your distended stomach and sweating.

I won't defend BMWs. They're not for everyone. I've enjoyed the hell out of tweaking my Leggy. But I've never driven anything as "good" as my stock M3.

Tits mcgee

Easier to park.

Bam!

Done.

This is something I just noticed and I'm trying to figure this out in my head, but (for 2012) according to http://www.fueleconomy.gov the 135i gets worst gas mileage than the 335i.

In 2012 did the 335i get an updated transmission or something? The numbers are really different.

135 Auto - 18/25

135 Manu - 20/28

335 Auto - 23/33

335 Manu - 20/30

WTH?

Not sure why the manual numbers would be lower for the 135 since it's a smaller car and they share the same MT. However, with the auto trans they do not. The 335i coupe and sedan both come with an 8 speed auto, while the 135 comes with a 7 speed Dual Clutch Transmission. The DCT works the clutch for you so it's kinda like an auto.

Also, I didn't see if those MPG's were for the 335 sedan or coupe either. The 335 coupe and 135 both have a final gear ratio of 3.08 for the MT vs. 3.23 for the sedan. The auto trans has a final of 3.46 for the 335 coupe and 135 vs. a 3.15 for the sedan. That might add to the difference.

BMW claims:

335i coupe 19/28 for both trans

335i sedan 20/30 MT and 23/33 AT

135i 20/28 MT and 18/25 for the DCT

• Mega Users

Not the ones in my price range

-uncomfortable

-wayyyyyy too small

-unrealistic

-how could you friggin own one of these after driving a 335 coupe?

-Top down driving is terrible in terms if comumunicating with another passenger

-I found the overall ride quality to be sub par. I'm more comfortable in my friends 2002.

-I'm also disappointed that they wasted their time and energy engineering a useless back seat. You can't even fit a brief case between the passenger front and back seat with a 6 foot occupant in the car.

-you can fit 2 junior golf bags in the trunk, you just need to make sure you tie down the trunk from the inside because the 3 foot drivers just don't quite fit.

I can keep going if you'd like

i would have already purchased a 7 series if they came in all wheel drive

7 series does come in AWD

Not the ones in my price range

Now the story switches to you being able to afford $74k for a car but at $80k is out of your price range?

-uncomfortable

-wayyyyyy too small

-unrealistic

-Top down driving is terrible in terms if comumunicating with another passenger

-I found the overall ride quality to be sub par. I'm more comfortable in my friends 2002.

-I'm also disappointed that they wasted their time and energy engineering a useless back seat. You can't even fit a brief case between the passenger front and back seat with a 6 foot occupant in the car.

-you can fit 2 junior golf bags in the trunk, you just need to make sure you tie down the trunk from the inside because the 3 foot drivers just don't quite fit.

I can keep going if you'd like

I thought you might actually have a legit reason rather then an opinion that the car sucks because it's too small for your lifestyle.

That's a lot of money to pay for a car with no warranty.

Anyways, Dinan doesn't have tunes that increase power for the M6. So you need to go elsewhere anyways http://www.dinancars.com/shop/index.aspx?series=M-Series&model=M6#page=1

Tuning for the 5.0l V10, no. They will however build you a 5.7l V10. If you can afford it.

Tuning for the 5.0l V10, no. They will however build you a 5.7l V10. If you can afford it.

And i'm sure it's a bad motherfucker. I seen that when I first found the Dinan website. But $30K for +125hp/+116tq is way too much money.

Dyno results* Horsepower: 611 @ 7500 rpm Torque: 468 lb-ft @ 6000 rpm

That hp on pump gas is impressive, but no so much the torque. We have guys making that tq on an H4 regularly. And considering some of the stuff i've seen for the Viper and corvette, i'm not impressed one bit.

Maybe it will be better when they come out with the stuff for the S63 twin turbo V8 :)

I think 135i's have their place. They're certainly fun loaner cars, as shown below.

It really depends on what you want. I could have had a 335, but I passed for the lighter quicker car. It's only 1/2 slower from 0-60 then the M3 and it makes the same amount of torque. And the 135i's torque is made 2600 rpms earlier. I do not have kids and coming from a stage 3 LGT wagon, I wanted something a bit smaller and something that made power way lower then 4,000 rpms. I could care less that the back seat is small, i'll never sit back there. I have a second car that's an SUV anyways. I also was impressed that BMW was willing to put the same turbo engine (N55) in their smallest car (with a back seat) that they run in their larger 335, 535, 640, and 740 cars. Most car companies will not do that. That and the DCT being available in the 135i and not the 335i sold me (I know they come in the 335is but there were not any in colorado and I didn't want to wait for 3 months for it to be ordered).

• Mega Users
Now the story switches to you being able to afford $74k for a car but at $80k is out of your price range?

I thought you might actually have a legit reason rather then an opinion that the car sucks because it's too small for your lifestyle.

What 74k dollar car was I thinking about purchasing?

Those are legit reasons, which are my opinions.

Why are you being a prick? Are you offended because the one series is not a fully functional coupe/convertible? Yes, that is my opinion, but I think others would tend to agree. Why buy this coupe over a Miata?

1er is about the only Beemer that still qualifies as a sport-sedan. All others are rolling whales with some juice in them. I tried an F10 328i few days ago and it felt huge.

And this wasn't really about the interior space, it's about the feel of the car (and I'm no midget either).

What 74k dollar car was I thinking about purchasing?

Those are legit reasons, which are my opinions.

Why are you being a prick? Are you offended because the one series is not a fully functional coupe/convertible? Yes, that is my opinion, but I think others would tend to agree. Why buy this coupe over a Miata?

The 7 series starts at $74K. You said you'd buy one if they came with AWD. I said they do. You said they cost too much. I said the cost isn't that much different.You were the one saying the one series is a shitty car. I asked why you thought that. You're bitching about one car being too small, yet the one you want is out of your price range. You wanna be the guy to drive a 7 series but not have 7 series money while talking smack about how much better your 7 series is?

Last time I check miata didn't come with a twin scroll turbocharged inline 6

1er is about the only Beemer that still qualifies as a sport-sedan. All others are rolling whales with some juice in them. I tried an F10 328i few days ago and it felt huge.

And this wasn't really about the interior space, it's about the feel of the car (and I'm no midget either).

+1

• Mega Users
The 7 series starts at $74K. You said you'd buy one if they came with AWD. I said they do. You said they cost too much. I said the cost isn't that much different.You were the one saying the one series is a shitty car. I asked why you thought that. You're bitching about one car being too small, yet the one you want is out of your price range. You wanna be the guy to drive a 7 series but not have 7 series money while talking smack about how much better your 7 series is?

Last time I check miata didn't come with a twin scroll turbocharged inline 6

+1

My apologies, I admit that I left out "7 series that were in my price range." I understand why that didn't make sense to you.

Big, I'm sorry, but the car is more than just too small. Although, it being to small, is its biggest downfall. It is an impractical convertible/coupe im my opinion. If I were to get a car that small, I would purchase the new Miata. The one series will be a great track car, but for day to day use, I find it useless.

Please tell me why I would buy a 135i over a 335i. One reason please....And don't be a prick about it.

• Mega Users
FWIW...

I would buy a 135i over a Miata. I would not buy a 135i over a 335i. Unless I already had a 5- or 7-series, or some other "big" daily car.

I would buy the Miata any day of the week. Save myself 15 grand. I don't need to be a fan boi in that aspect.

Archived