LegacyGT.com

Bolt up turbocharger upgrade - Vol-2

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't yet but I will. Figured I would ask here first since 100''s of these have been through the community already.

Maybe, but don't you think Brian would know what goes into the turbos more than the consumers? People here are just going to guess since they don't actually know what it's even used for.

Maybe, but don't you think Brian would know what goes into the turbos more than the consumers? People here are just going to guess since they don't actually know what it's even used for.

Well, yea obviously. However I'm at my desk at work and most likely won't be able to call him today. Oh well. I'll attach a pic later tonight when I get home anyway.

Just looked at my BNR 16g as it is still on the shelf, didn't see any white stuff on any of the blades just what looks like a #2 on one of the inlet blades in sharpie. Edited by rkhousman

• I Donated
I wonder if I will be able to retain the heatshield bracket and therfore my GS turbo heatshield... I guess I'll find out soon enough.

Yes, you will be able to retain the bracket. It relies on the top two bolt holes on the turbo, which need to be identical to stock so the turbo mates with existing DPs.

Yes, you will be able to retain the bracket. It relies on the top two bolt holes on the turbo, which need to be identical to stock so the turbo mates with existing DPs.

Good. I hadn't admired it long enough to notice if it did or not. :lol:

Now to iron out stupid issues that have been bugging me before putting this bad boy in.

You need to trim the OEM heatshield anyway if you have an aftermarket DP...

...and there isn't an aftermarket DP out there with the brackets needed to secure the bottom half of the stock turbo heatshield.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Dang, I would probably use Precision so I was hoping to see what they get out of it for you.

IDK At this point I'm looking at $200 vs $500+ for a dyno tune from Precision. I'm not sure it's worth it on a bare bones 16G setup (I'll be running stock fueling).