LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome - Volume-2 (CLOSED)

SBT

Not sure how many here enjoy classical music, however even if you don't, at least watch the beginning of this. This is last school year at UMD School of Music - so creative. One of my fav pieces. Plus, it's always fun to know someone on the stage. One of the cellists is my kids peer. Enjoy!

What's not to like about slowly changing harmonies and juxtapositions showcasing strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion, and piano. Could listen to this all night. Part of a poem by Hart Crane, from my younger days growing-up in Appalachia, that ISTR applies to this piece:

"O Appalachian Spring! I gained the ledge; Steep, inaccessible smile that eastward bends. And northward reaches in that violet wedge of Adirondacks!"

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kept expecting this Copeland to pop up.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM9IXnZ3Fsk&index=8&list=PL5E57CB606851642E]Stanley Clarke & Stewart Copeland - Too Cool Hats - YouTube[/ame]

Not quite the same Copeland, but cool just the same!

Not sure how many here enjoy classical music, however even if you don't, at least watch the beginning of this. This is last school year at UMD School of Music - so creative. One of my fav pieces. Plus, it's always fun to know someone on the stage. One of the cellists is my kids peer. Enjoy!

Ha! I was listening to Appalachian Spring on the way home from work today!

Posted this in another thread too, but it really belongs here:

20140910_165736.jpg

Sweet 69-70 BMW 2800CS. Don't see many of these, and this one was in pristine condition...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Posted this in another thread too, but it really belongs here:

Sweet 69-70 BMW 2800CS. Don't see many of these, and this one was in pristine condition...

Close-to the Sports Arena?

Close-to the Sports Arena?

Kind of. Just off Rosecrans across the street from Liberty Station and what used to be Sail Ho Golf Club (Now named the Loma Club)

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My father owned a 2800CS in red when I was a teen... I would sell one of my kids to get that car back in the family now. it was... awesome.

Everywhere he parked it, people would leave their business cards on the windshield asking to buy it, or to rent it for some TV or movie production, etc.

Kind of. Just off Rosecrans across the street from Liberty Station and what used to be Sail Ho Golf Club (Now named the Loma Club)

Oh, by the old commissary, right after you come in the (former) gate off Barnett Ave? Chief's Mess used to be right in that area too.

Isn't there a Wine Steals in that area now too?

Oh, by the old commissary, right after you come in the (former) gate off Barnett Ave? Chief's Mess used to be right in that area too.

Isn't there a Wine Steals in that area now too?

Yep, that's it and there is a Wine Steals there now. It's just up the street from my favorite local dive bar - Desi's Bar & Grill and next door to the self serve car wash...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.bustle.com/articles/39675-high-school-student-tries-to-get-internets-attention-with-yearbook-photo-succeeds

Schenectady High School senior Draven Rodriguez, despite his young age, knows a few Serious Life Truths: high school traditions are ridiculous, cats give people the giggles in their hearts, school portraits peaked in the laser-happy early 90s, and if you want to get lots of attention, make up drama where none actually exists.

Rodriguez recently started an online petition to beseech his school to allow him to use a photo of him holding his cat against a laser background to be used as his senior portrait. Let me clarify: the school has not told him no yet. There’s not even a good reason to think they will say no, considering the number of bare feet and acoustic guitars that commonly plague senior pictures.

I’m impressed with this kid. He’s going viral today for absolutely no reason at all. The school hasn’t told him that he cannot use the photo. They aren’t infringing on whatever rights seniors have to making assholes of themselves in the yearbook. They didn’t kill his cat. There is no scandal. He simply enlisted the most cliché, popular internet flotsam, threw it together in a generically funny (although, admittedly, funny nonetheless) photo, and created a campaign to defend his basic brand of teenage humor against forces that are, thus far, doing literally nothing to thwart him. And the whole internet is all “LOOK AT THIS GUY, WHAT A HERO OF COMEDY AND EXPRESSION!

http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/414/a8cff270-1cb7-0132-7118-0add9426c766.jpg?w=1200&h=1200&fit=max&q=70

cool to look at but why not make it a car. 3/4 the way there and you have something like an Ariel atom.

Because w/ three wheels it's considered a motorcycle, so it doesn't need to pass all of the safety regulations that a car does.

175hp GM motor and the thing weighs 1700lbs. .88g on the skid pad with factory tires.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

F that! Morgan 3-wheeler.

Early 1900s tech meets cutting-edge 21st Century styling and execution. Still would love to have a Morgan 3-wheeler, but wouldn't mind an Aero Coupe either.

Archived