LegacyGT.com

Bay Area Install Day + BBQ

wpmarky

I'm not having any work done but since I live close I can bring some bigger tools/equipment. Jack stands, hand tools, etc. Maybe ramps and a floor jack if LegAC_GT doesn't have one. Lmk if there's something special anyone needs

Btw, there's a Auto Zone 2 blocks away on Campbell Ave/San Tomas Aquino for reference

I only have a small jack that's like a 1.5 or 2 ton with a set of 4 aluminum jack stands. Ramps may be good as well so I'd say bring whatever you got over. Im pretty sure mark will bring stuff over too!

Official start time is 9 but I'll be up around 630-7 if people wanna get started early.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything and we don't end up installing everything we can always drive to my place and BBQ after.

Depending on when parts come in, I may be wiring my headlight leveler and putting my steering wheel back in. We will see. Or else I will be assisting instead.

Maybe I'll do my oil change to be cool.

So is anyone else wanting/needing to do any work to their car? I want to make sure I bring proper tools (spring compressors, torx bits, dremel, oil filter pliers, etc).

Here's what I plan on bringing (all metric):

4ton floor jack

pass through wrench set

various pliers

various ratchets/sockets

varoius deep sockets

allen wrenches

oil pan

torque wrench

breaker bar + extensions

good idea, maybe i'll change my oil and level my headlights.

Should we rent a roller and make this a fender day? lol I do have a heatgun i can bring.

This would be GREAT! I was just contemplating paying some guy on craigslist $100 to roll/pull

I'm a "Maybe" for now, don't have much to work on other than rolling fenders, so if we end up borrowing/renting a roller I'll be there (and of course chip in to renting and food/booze)

I had a full car yesterday and once in a while there would be rubbing coming from any of the 4 tires.... Everyone was like WTF am I too fat?

Yes.

The Campbell location makes it a LOT more convenient than Half Moon Bay or wherever the original meet was to be.

My daughter is visiting, and I have a baby at home. I will SOMEHOW make it for a little while.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

I'll see what kinda stuff I have to install but.

Headlight levelers, oil change, rear rotors, NRG quick release. I'll probably have the headlight levelers done tomorrow if I get the time and a kenwood double din too.

The Campbell location makes it a LOT more convenient than Half Moon Bay or wherever the original meet was to be.

My daughter is visiting, and I have a baby at home. I will SOMEHOW make it for a little while.

We should be around all morning and most of the afternoon, come on by and feel free to bring the kids ; )

Hey guys

I need to sell my Blue GMS Turbo Inlet for 150! Let me know and Ill bring it up with me. I also have my modified STi exhaust I am trying to sell as well for 200.

I just received about a $600 worth of 08+ WRX SAMCO hoses to test fit and keep (more like $900 because of the exchange rate). BUT I need to document and make sure that these hoses fit. I can test everything but I will need a volunteer to test fit a TB/Intercooler hose for a OEM style TMIC because I have a FMIC. Thanks Guys

0-10% chance from 7am-4pm

30% chance from 4pm-10pm

Looks like the chance of rain is small, hopefully it stays away long enough. Anyone have a tent / tarp?

Hopefully we can finish our work & get some good pics in before the rain comes!

Archived