LegacyGT.com

What did U do 2 ya Legacy 2day?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally got around to doing my plugs and wires. They looked like they have been in the car since new. I will be doing some troubleshooting on the front end today since I am getting a pronounced vibration in the front when I am doing 60 mph. The tyres and wheel are balanced properly and a cursory look yesterday I noticed some left to right play in the wheel. The tie rod looks good, as does the ball joint. That leaves me thinking it is one of a few things, the wheel bearing (unlikely because the telltale drone isn't present), the strut bolts or one of my bushings. It is only on the passenger side.

2014 Legacy 2.5i 6M - FB25 w/ a 6 speed

2002 Impreza 2.5TS - EJ251 w/ a 5 speed (The Stormtrooper)

Finally got around to doing my plugs and wires. They looked like they have been in the car since new. I will be doing some troubleshooting on the front end today since I am getting a pronounced vibration in the front when I am doing 60 mph. The tyres and wheel are balanced properly and a cursory look yesterday I noticed some left to right play in the wheel. The tie rod looks good, as does the ball joint. That leaves me thinking it is one of a few things, the wheel bearing (unlikely because the telltale drone isn't present), the strut bolts or one of my bushings. It is only on the passenger side.

Okay, my cursory look was wrong. It looks like it is the ball joint. Easy peasy.

2014 Legacy 2.5i 6M - FB25 w/ a 6 speed

2002 Impreza 2.5TS - EJ251 w/ a 5 speed (The Stormtrooper)

Today I continued the work that I started yesterday of repairing the rear quarter panel rust. Oh my, if only the previous owner(s) had nipped it in the bud.

Also uncovered some previous fixes around the bumper and discovered some rusted-out pieces on the bumper cover mount. Oy. One step at a time.

rear-fender-rust-drivers-start.thumb.JPG.9e8ca3917469ce77d9b252e0dc2b9ea1.JPG

rear-fender-rust-passengers-start.thumb.JPG.1b3fb413dd5e0d96db11f13356085f6c.JPG

Today I continued the work that I started yesterday of repairing the rear quarter panel rust. Oh my, if only the previous owner(s) had nipped it in the bud.

Also uncovered some previous fixes around the bumper and discovered some rusted-out pieces on the bumper cover mount. Oy. One step at a time.

I'd like to see ya progress? Bondo?

Installed my Thule roof racks and bike rack. Me and the ole ball and chain do a lot of biking. Up to date of my wagon. BBS,4 pot calipers and 2 pot, eye lids, grill, gold plated cross drilled and slotted rotors and front chin spoiler.

466771506_photo(25).thumb.jpg.ecbade65ff25a8a42923d7afa9f03aac.jpg

Installed my Thule roof racks and bike rack. Me and the ole ball and chain do a lot of biking. Up to date of my wagon. BBS,4 pot calipers and 2 pot, eye lids, grill, gold plated cross drilled and slotted rotors and front chin spoiler.

Very clean wagon! I like it. Roof rack FTW!

Very clean wagon! I like it. Roof rack FTW!

Thanks! I couldn't of done it without some of the folks here. The bike racks are on during the summer and i put ski rack in the winter. They do make a howling noise at certain high speeds but i really don't care. That's how i kno they are still attached. :lol: i thought about the Fairings but i don't want too much going on up there.

Thanks! I couldn't of done it without some of the folks here. The bike racks are on during the summer and i put ski rack in the winter. They do make a howling noise at certain high speeds but i really don't care. That's how i kno they are still attached. :lol: i thought about the Fairings but i don't want too much going on up there.

Yeah I just have a snowboard rack on mine. It used to whistle really bad on the highway, but I bought that Yakima wind fairing, and it got rid of almost all of the whistle. Plus it looks alot better with the fairing haha

Yeah I just have a snowboard rack on mine. It used to whistle really bad on the highway, but I bought that Yakima wind fairing, and it got rid of almost all of the whistle. Plus it looks alot better with the fairing haha

Is your whole set up a Yakima or you just have a Yakima Fairing? I looked into it and i'm afraid of buying one too small or too long?

Is your whole set up a Yakima or you just have a Yakima Fairing? I looked into it and i'm afraid of buying one too small or too long?

My whole setup is Yakima. I went with the 44" fairing for mine. Perfect fit. Also, good place to throw up some stickers. Not sure how the fitment or parts go for a Thule.

I see. How do i measure the right length?

I measured with a tape measure right where my Q towers attach to my crossbars. This was about 40-41" So I went with the 44" fairing because I dont think the 38" would have covered all the way across. Just do some research. Find people online who bought the same exact roof rack that you did and see what fairings they went with. My fairing was about 85$ I believe (ridiculous for a piece of plastic) But it was definitely worth it to get rid of the annoying whistle sounds.

Archived