LegacyGT.com

What did U do 2 ya Legacy 2day?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well ofcourse you have like 2inchs to spare. even with the h&rs on 225/45 I still had a inch to work with

Just wanted him to know that he'll be fine running on stock suspension because he doesn't state that he's stanced, has rolled fenders, or done anything major that would alter his set up

Haha it looks good in my opinion. I'm a fan of the Sti spoiler. You see a lot lately ppl using their own version of *cough cough Cobalts lol but yeah I know what you mean. I have seen some on legacy's that just looked awful. I'd like to do a body kit and all for my car some day. Urs is coming along great. Are you keeping the car white?

Painted the calipers and got the ss lines on but the rotors I got were to large so I'm talking to the company about exchanging for the right size.

And no Manny I plan on plasti dipping it matte black and dipping my summer rims gold for a little while till I decide a differant color

Ahhh not a bad color. I'm guna getting some body work done with mine and just have it resprayed silver and clear coated. Getting black enki rims to go with it. This summer I have some projects lined up for my car. Ur car is coming along great tho. Might have to do a whole b4 and after post with a mod list lol

Thanks man yeah ill do a mod list and pics when I'm done. I'm almost there just the dipping, window tinting, and the front lca bushings and I'm don't I just ordered the whitelines rear camber/toe control arm kit to fix my rear end

I want to get the front and rear sways I see everyone here goes with whiteline but I found a set that looks a bit different by addicos and not sure if there's much of a difference or what's better. Did you do sways? Notice any significant difference.

Yeah can't wait to paint lol but Manny all you really need is the rear bar because they are tiny as crap specialy for a wagon if you got one but its really on how you drive I like the balanced feel so I have both the 20 front and I'm running the old rare 20mm 3 way whiteline set to 21hard I would go with whitelines its more closer to stock shape/style addcos fitment is kinda odd but still good I ran the 22 rear for a while

nice.

Started my repairs yesterday...had both ball joints and the right side hurricane bushing replaced. I was surprised. Dropped it off ahead of the freezing rain on my lunch yesterday @ 1:30p, not expecting them to work on it until today when the appt was. They had it done and ready to pick up by 5pm.

Finally changed my oil today got some of that sexy chick named rotella in there and measured an drilled the holes to add the jdm skirts to my L but got to dark and started to rain have to wait till tomorrow to see how the weather is

Finally changed my oil today got some of that sexy chick named rotella in there and measured an drilled the holes to add the jdm skirts to my L but got to dark and started to rain have to wait till tomorrow to see how the weather is

:lol: Show us her SKIRT?

How did you measure the holes you have to drill? I'm about to tackle this project.

Thanks guys.... ill post pics in a couple hours when I get home have allergery shots and stuff to do but the measuring is kinda blah I had to do like 10 different things

Went off this guide a little but its not 100% for our cars but most of it is helpful

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t66704-definitive-rs-side-skirt-diy-guide-installing-sideskirts-onto-non-rs.html

one : gotta measure the inside of the skirt to get the center distance between the clips on a tape measure and then mark the distance on the side of the car

IMAG0037.thumb.jpg.bfcbaa55276acc28ec070cbb62965046.jpg

IMAG0038.thumb.jpg.72c5bad81983a685d98cd2e08b471118.jpg

Two : had to trace a line where to top of the rear part of the skirt was going to sit cause it sits perfect on the rear molding and measure the virtacal distance from the top of the skirt to the center of the clip

IMAG0042.thumb.jpg.6ea6fcc1484d40b7ccac129d98efc035.jpg

Third : then marked the hole from the line you traced with the horz. Distance you marked on the rear and that's where the hole should be then I measured that from the bottem of the door to the hole and used that as a guide line for the rest of the holes from the rear to front

IMAG0039.thumb.jpg.341c254aa91f13f2934b140e24f3b4aa.jpg

IMAG0040.thumb.jpg.686db5e0ae56d39d5f018ba5386b6493.jpg

Then last match up the clips with the marks you made to make sure they are lined up and in place remember measure 10 times and take a leap of faith an tap the starter mark then drill!

Ill add pics later on the explaining and post before and after pics....

okay updates! : the clips that the guy uses in the other guide suck ass so i had some extra clips from the door panels and they worked amazingly and the underside mounts suck to just get some self tapering or drill small holes and use some bolts with large washers work great and here are the pics added

before

IMAG0041.thumb.jpg.38d62c4067a69ff22bf856c52234b818.jpg

IMAG0043.thumb.jpg.1064b743e3aa0c5b64009e71e0230295.jpg

after/side shot

IMAG0044.thumb.jpg.217803ef5950c13f5abd3d9ece0f157d.jpg

IMAG0045.thumb.jpg.1a9db06194d3ae667933a8412261e8ea.jpg

it ended up like a tad bit low but nothing i can fix with a little bending and fab work

now for a car wash!!! and painting and rims, brakes, and rotors i still have sitting in my garage :3

Thanks guys.... ill post pics in a couple hours when I get home have allergery shots and stuff to do but the measuring is kinda blah I had to do like 10 different things

Went off this guide a little but its not 100% for our cars but most of it is helpful

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f105/t66704-definitive-rs-side-skirt-diy-guide-installing-sideskirts-onto-non-rs.html

one : gotta measure the inside of the skirt to get the center distance between the clips on a tape measure and then mark the distance on the side of the car

[ATTACH]143041[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]143042[/ATTACH]

Two : had to trace a line where to top of the rear part of the skirt was going to sit cause it sits perfect on the rear molding and measure the virtacal distance from the top of the skirt to the center of the clip

[ATTACH]143046[/ATTACH]

Third : then marked the hole from the line you traced with the horz. Distance you marked on the rear and that's where the hole should be then I measured that from the bottem of the door to the hole and used that as a guide line for the rest of the holes from the rear to front

[ATTACH]143043[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]143044[/ATTACH]

Then last match up the clips with the marks you made to make sure they are lined up and in place remember measure 10 times and take a leap of faith an tap the starter mark then drill!

Ill add pics later on the explaining and post before and after pics....

okay updates! : the clips that the guy uses in the other guide suck ass so i had some extra clips from the door panels and they worked amazingly and the underside mounts suck to just get some self tapering or drill small holes and use some bolts with large washers work great and here are the pics added

before

[ATTACH]143045[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]143047[/ATTACH]

after/side shot

[ATTACH]143048[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]143049[/ATTACH]

it ended up like a tad bit low but nothing i can fix with a little bending and fab work

now for a car wash!!! and painting and rims, brakes, and rotors i still have sitting in my garage :3

Thanks for sharing

np and thanks i keep having stupid little issues thats delaying me like i was mislead about the calipers thought theyre gt but they were L so had to trade in my gt rotors for the L which ill get in a couple days.

the centering rings i bought 1 out of 4 were the right size so i gotta trade those in but that wont stop me ill still swap them out i dont mind a tiny wobble for a little bit.

i took a little bullet and bought some 2008+ sti rear diff whiteline inserts if those work ill write up a guide with kartboy diff trigger bushings. so then all of us can have some easy diff mods for 60 bucks cause our cars are so forgotten about plus our bushings are a pain in the rear.

also they just sent out my whiteline rear camber/toe control arms cant wait for those either.

Got the summer rims on and the new rotors/brakes on now and flush/bleed with ate super blue

And iit was raining so couldn't use the heatgun to roll my fenders so now my front tires are resting on the fender lol its going to be fun going to work tonight

My battery was to low to do flash to take pics will update later

Archived