LegacyGT.com

What did U do 2 ya Legacy 2day?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just received my lights 2 days ago and last night I installed them all in the car. Turned out really good. I love the blue dash. But I do have to say it was a real friggin pain in the ass and not something I would like to do twice. End result is fantastic tho.

Over the last couple weekends.

Week 1:

Timing Belt with all the goods

Water pump

Cam & Crankshaft seals

Rear brakes and rotors

Coolant flush

Glad I got the timing belt done one of the idlers was not quite as smooth as I would of liked. That also took care of a whine of 3k rpm.

Also made a list of more parts that I want to replace. I am glad to be taking over the maintenance on this vehicle, so I can keep better track of certain items.

Week 2:

Swapped a new drivers door over because the neighbor thought it was a good idea to back into my car. Kept the insurance money and did the work myself. Outback doors of the same generation swap over, but you will have a couple extra holes at the bottom of the door. Lastly, if you have the small tweeter or cold weather package on your car make sure the donor car does to, or you must swap the wiring harness, which takes some time.

Week 3: Currently, fighting a Po420 code, but that should be resolved by this weekend, and then off to pass emissions. And change the oil with Shell Rotella and OEM filter.

Got the jdm be5 rear bumper on got the bumper skirts comming in the mail still going to try to do side skirts today and blacked out my projectors some more sinse I couldnt fit any shrouds over it and going to wire in my Hellas behind the grille finally lol

Has anyone ever ran their gas tank to nearly empty? Is their a low gas light? does the halo light up? Also i plan on already buying summer tires 225/45/17 for my 17"x7J BBS rims. Tirerack.com says they will rub and want me to buy another smaller size. Will the 225/45/17 91W rub? What does the 91W mean? The BBS rims already has the tire size above and they came of a 1998 BG wagon

Tire rack sides on the line of caution. They also didn't want me to put 32x11.5" BFG M/T's instead of the factory 31x10.5's on my 1997 Dakota when I had it....but I did it anyways. I got a slight rub @ full lock. And I'd assume if the the stock wheels on your Leggy were the 205/55-16 ...then you should be ok with the 225/45-17.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53914667/Feb%202013/tires.JPG

The 91w is the speed rating/load rating

**The W in 91W after the size code indicates a speed rating. While these tires are proably Z rated (speeds in excess of 149MPH) in the tire size the W indicates that the tires are rated to a higher speed. W and X were added since there were no guidelines about how much over 149 Z rated tires were good for.

W indicates a top rated speed of 168MPH.

_____

The "91" indicates load capacity per tire! You'll get about 1350lbs per tire. **

On mine there is a low fuel light below and to the left of the gauge. Not sure on your particular cluster if it is any different.

Same a little gas pump light comes on and then on my car its roughly 3 Gallons left in the tank so I know I can push the car another 40-50 miles before I risk killing it

I'm actually at the exhaust shop redoing my exhaust cause was hanging to low for the b4 rear bumper and my resonator was getting caught on curbs and the final part of my brakes will come tomorrow so all day Sunday its a full gt brake, brake lines, rotor upgrade and back to the summer tires which means ill have to roll my fenders yay whole day of crap for me

Archived