LegacyGT.com

Ask the Tuner Thread!

BrenTuning

Tomei UEL headers/up, invidia catless dp, GFB 50/50 bov....do I need an e-tune from you or will I be okay with the stage 2 tune on the access port...keep in mind it's the version 1 AP. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

You're going to want a map that is optimized for your setup. Especially coming off of the APV1 maps. Also for any tuning the APV1 is no longer supported by Cobb's tuning software. You will need to upgrade that unit.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Extensive mod list aside, how would I go about getting a baseline tune for initial startup of a swapped in, modded motor? Basically Im going from stock, building a motor on the side and putting it in, but would like an initial startup tune with everything relatively scaled out just so I can drive it and break in the engine a little before getting an optimized tune for my setup.

Extensive mod list aside, how would I go about getting a baseline tune for initial startup of a swapped in, modded motor? Basically Im going from stock, building a motor on the side and putting it in, but would like an initial startup tune with everything relatively scaled out just so I can drive it and break in the engine a little before getting an optimized tune for my setup.

We can send you a basemap to upload to your AP once we have a deposit in for a tune. Send me a PM or email (sales@brentuning.com) and we can talk!

I was wondering if the following upgrades would require any additional support..

Consider the specB stock other than the AccessPort connected to it.

So, i'm looking to add the following...

A Cobb Intake & Airbox

750cc injectors

A TMIC, probably a grimspeed

And a tune

Now, must I add a down pipe?

Do I have to change the exhaust ?

Is there anything else I must do, or should do?

I was wondering if the following upgrades would require any additional support..

Consider the specB stock other than the AccessPort connected to it.

So, i'm looking to add the following...

A Cobb Intake & Airbox

750cc injectors

A TMIC, probably a grimspeed

And a tune

Now, must I add a down pipe?

Do I have to change the exhaust ?

Is there anything else I must do, or should do?

The stock downpipe is the biggest restriction on these cars besides the factory tune. You COULD go the path you have listed, it's just not the best bang for the buck.

Injectors, add a pump as well. We like the DW65c. Also if looking for an e-tune we require a wideband O2 sensor installed to dial in the fuel. If looking for a dyno tune, we don't need it. Another note on the injectors, the stock ones are perfectly fine for the stock turbo UNLESS you are planning on running E85.

Yes I was planning on adding a pump, and yes I forgot the major component, the turbo. I have two choices:

1) ATP GT35R

2) AMR CXR550

Which of the two above options make the most sense? Also which wideband O2 sensor would you recommend?

Yes I was planning on adding a pump, and yes I forgot the major component, the turbo. I have two choices:

1) ATP GT35R

2) AMR CXR550

Which of the two above options make the most sense? Also which wideband O2 sensor would you recommend?

Turbo that big add a built motor to that list, rods and pistons at the least.

I'd like to see 850cc or bigger injectors.

And throwing something that big with a stock downpipe would not be recommended.

We've had good luck with the AEM Uego.

Tax Return Time. :) I'm replacing my DP with the New Grimmspeed Unit still catted. I was also thinking of getting the AVO FMIC for my out back since i am still on the reinforce and TMIC don't really fit the Outbacks well. Do you have any suggestions?

On the 5th gen forums, there's been some effort to get ROMs defined for the 2010+ GT, 3.6R, and 2.5i. Would this be something you'd be able to look into and begin open source tuning as opposed to requiring tuning through COBB?

We have downloaded the files. Haven't had a chance to use them yet as the majority of owners like the safety of using an AP in chance of warranty work being needed.

Tax Return Time. :) I'm replacing my DP with the New Grimmspeed Unit still catted. I was also thinking of getting the AVO FMIC for my out back since i am still on the reinforce and TMIC don't really fit the Outbacks well. Do you have any suggestions?

We love FMICs here. With proper tuning there is no lag increase.

1966803_10151949964841386_519314209_n.jpg?oh=8cb379be41240ee561e457bc6854c5e7&oe=53988A5C

I'm considering switching my 05 LGT to top feed 850 injectors along with tgv deletes, turbo, etc and coming to you for my stage 3 tune. Do you have an injector brand preference to tune on? DW? Injector Dynamics?

I'm considering switching my 05 LGT to top feed 850 injectors along with tgv deletes, turbo, etc and coming to you for my stage 3 tune. Do you have an injector brand preference to tune on? DW? Injector Dynamics?

Injector Dynamics are amazing. Have yet to have any issues with them.

If you end up staying sidefeed, DW's.

Question Looking at the available FMIC setups which would you suggest.

Racer-X or AVO I would Get T clamps with the Avo unit. It just looks like the avo is a lot less piping and connectors but the Racer-x as a good rep and cheap.

I'll be adding a Avo inlet and intake as well. Should i be looking into a set of injectors?

Question Looking at the available FMIC setups which would you suggest.

Racer-X or AVO I would Get T clamps with the Avo unit. It just looks like the avo is a lot less piping and connectors but the Racer-x as a good rep and cheap.

I'll be adding a Avo inlet and intake as well. Should i be looking into a set of injectors?

We've had good luck with both FMIC's.

There should be plenty of headroom with your factory injectors on your setup.

Im currently stage 2 with my COBB AP and Invidia catted DP

Everything else is stock

I'm getting my Tomei expreme UEL installed soon

What would be my gains with a custom "eTune"?

Second, would an aftermarket intake (ex. COBB SF) would really make a difference ?

Im currently stage 2 with my COBB AP and Invidia catted DP

Everything else is stock

I'm getting my Tomei expreme UEL installed soon

What would be my gains with a custom "eTune"?

Second, would an aftermarket intake (ex. COBB SF) would really make a difference ?

Hi,

With a stock turbo you won't see much horsepower wise with the header but you'll pick up some more torque, maybe about 20 or so ftlbs.

We typically see about 20hp over the Cobb OTS maps.

The stock intake on these cars are good for about 350whp. So unless you would like some of the noises it's not needed at your level.

I'm thinking about a Stage 2 package for my 07 LGT.

I figure the way to go about it is:

-"Bulletproof" stock TMIC

-Tactrix Openport

-Downpipe w/ catalytic converter

-Tune

Anything else I should be concerned about? Do you have a preference/suggestion for a downpipe? Are there any gains to be had with an up-pipe?

I'm thinking about a Stage 2 package for my 07 LGT.

I figure the way to go about it is:

-"Bulletproof" stock TMIC

-Tactrix Openport

-Downpipe w/ catalytic converter

-Tune

Anything else I should be concerned about? Do you have a preference/suggestion for a downpipe? Are there any gains to be had with an up-pipe?

No need for an uppipe on a 07+ LGT, already catless.

We like Invidia and Cobb pipes. The new GrimmSpeed looks nice, haven't had one in shop in person to comment but if it's like anything else they make quality will be top notch.

The tactrix cable does not include a tune, you either build one yourself or purchase from a vendor who does opensource etuning. We only offer OpenSource tuning in person.

Archived