LegacyGT.com

What did you drive before your legacy gt ?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1974 Chevy Nova

1985 Mitsu Mirage - 5MT

1992 Plymouth Sundance

1988 Pontiac Bonneville

2000 Pontiac Grand Am GT

2006 Impreza wagon 2.5i (now the wife's car)

1995 Legacy wagon - traded in for my 2005 LGT wagon

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

1976 Chevy Nova (trunk filled with water every time it rained)

1984 Honda Accord

1989 Honda Prelude (got 95% of purchase price back from Honda in '91 due to safety concern -- faulty rear steering mechanism)

1983 Honda Civic Wagon (bought for $600 in '92, sold for $1000 in '95)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x2 (the MOST BORING vehicle I ever owned)

2000 Ford F-150 (needed to special order to get manual tranny, 4x4, V8, Xtra cab config)

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser (still own)

2005 LGT Wgn

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][B][I]"Sweep the leg!" - Sensei Kreese, Karate Kid [/I][/B][/FONT]

1976 Chevy Nova (trunk filled with water every time it rained)

1984 Honda Accord

1989 Honda Prelude (got 95% of purchase price back from Honda in '91 due to safety concern -- faulty rear steering mechanism)

1983 Honda Civic Wagon (bought for $600 in '92, sold for $1000 in '95)

1995 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x2 (the MOST BORING vehicle I ever owned)

2000 Ford F-150 (needed to special order to get manual tranny, 4x4, V8, Xtra cab config)

1985 Toyota Land Cruiser (still own)

2005 LGT Wgn

This! Nice!

1989 Chevrolet Scottsdale 1500 (5 speed/2 wheel drive)

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS (5 speed)

1998 Ford Mustang Cobra (5 speed)

1995 Ford F-150 (Lifted/automatic/4x4)

1982 Yamaha Maxim 650

2004 Subaru WRX (automatic)

2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (5 speed)

1988 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (automatic/4x4)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon (automatic)

2005 Suzuki Bandit 1200S

1991 Honda Civix DX Hatchback (5 speed)

2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited (automatic)

1992 Toyota Camry; Parents bought it as my first car, but it was passed on to my brother

2002 Toyota Camry; Parents' car again; my mom replaced her car so this became mine, but electrical gremlins took over, so we traded it in on my...

2008 LGT 5EAT; pretty heavily modded (18g, FMIC), but the transmission was limiting my power goals so I parted it out and found...

2006 WRX Wagon 5MT; current vehicle

It's cool; I'm with the band

1993 Ford Taurus SHO (sadly auto) '95-'01

1999 Nissan Maxima SE-L (5 spd man.) '01-'06

1995 Nissan Maxima SE (5 spd man.) '06-'12

Current

1999 BMW M3 cpe (5spd man) bought in '06

2009 Honda Fit Sport (auto) bought in '12

2005 Subaru Legacy GT base (5spd) bought in '12

The SHO was a great car...when it drove right! Horrible trans (many issues), and many check engine lights. Wish I had the manual because the engine was just awesome but a gas guzzler. The Fit is great for what it is. Gas mileage is awesome, smooth, tons of room for such a small car, sharp looks, and cheap to own. My favorite is definitely the M3, nothing can cheer me up quicker than a quick drive and amazingly is not too bad on gas. The Maxima was just amazing in every aspect...very quick, nicely loaded with leather (the '99) and great stereo, great gas mileage, RELIABLE, and fun. The Subaru is even more fun to drive, I'd say the 2nd most fun car I've had (M3 most fun). We'll see how the reliability holds up, I've done quite a bit to it already but that's mostly due to the previous owner not being as thorough as me. The gas mileage sucks though, but believe it or not, it's still better gas mileage than the SHO! Although gas mileage has never really factored into my car buying, I'm still amazed at how bad the SHO was (~15-16 mpg) and how I manage almost 19 mpg city on the M3 and I drive that car like I stole it.

1993 Ford Taurus SHO (sadly auto) '95-'01

1999 Nissan Maxima SE-L (5 spd man.) '01-'06

1995 Nissan Maxima SE (5 spd man.) '06-'12

Current

1999 BMW M3 cpe (5spd man) bought in '06

2009 Honda Fit Sport (auto) bought in '12

2005 Subaru Legacy GT base (5spd) bought in '12

The SHO was a great car...when it drove right! Horrible trans (many issues), and many check engine lights. Wish I had the manual because the engine was just awesome but a gas guzzler. The Fit is great for what it is. Gas mileage is awesome, smooth, tons of room for such a small car, sharp looks, and cheap to own. My favorite is definitely the M3, nothing can cheer me up quicker than a quick drive and amazingly is not too bad on gas. The Maxima was just amazing in every aspect...very quick, nicely loaded with leather (the '99) and great stereo, great gas mileage, RELIABLE, and fun. The Subaru is even more fun to drive, I'd say the 2nd most fun car I've had (M3 most fun). We'll see how the reliability holds up, I've done quite a bit to it already but that's mostly due to the previous owner not being as thorough as me. The gas mileage sucks though, but believe it or not, it's still better gas mileage than the SHO! Although gas mileage has never really factored into my car buying, I'm still amazed at how bad the SHO was (~15-16 mpg) and how I manage almost 19 mpg city on the M3 and I drive that car like I stole it.

I couldn't agree with you more. My 95 was an AT... Oh the AXOD-SHO trans... bleh lol. Deep Emerald/Jade Metallic Green FTMFW!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. My 95 was an AT... Oh the AXOD-SHO trans... bleh lol. Deep Emerald/Jade Metallic Green FTMFW!!!

Nice, I had the silver on black. Leave it to Ford to put an regular Taurus trans on an SHO with much more tq and power! I went through 3 of them.

• I Donated
94 Nissan Sentra base model

No offense, but that looks like a total piece. :lol: In fact, it looks even worse than the 92 G20 I bought for my brother when he needed a car after totaling his 92 Legacy (which, BTW, was in great condition -- 16 years old, but only 45k, and garage kept for the first ~13 years -- it's too bad he totaled it). I paid $700 for the G20 in Taunton, MA, and it probably wasn't worth that. Ended up selling it a year later for $850, but only after putting in hundreds of dollars of work (probably at least the purchase price again just in parts, not including takeoffs from my G20 that were obviously free).

His G20:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/thefultonhow/Infiniti/DSC02035web.jpg

His 92 Legacy (with my 92 G20 in the garage in the background during the first engine swap):

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a325/thefultonhow/Infiniti/PICT1670Large.jpg

89 Chevy S10. V6 Auto with 143k on it. Big piece of shit, still have it too just never drive it lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/StevenCole/Photos/DSC_0031.jpg

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Sounds very similar to the one I drive at work. Does yours stall out if you floor it, too? :lol:

Why yes it does. Thats when it runs lol. Such a piece of shit truck :lol:

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

• I Donated
Why yes it does. Thats when it runs lol. Such a piece of shit truck :lol:

The one at work is pretty hard to start, but I do get it started every time. Usually it involves a couple pumps of the gas before turning the key, followed by about 10-15 seconds of cranking while pumping the gas every 2 seconds or so. Definitely a POS, and nobody else in the department will drive it, but it's easier to start in cold weather and more comfortable than our golf cart, and holds a lot more computers in the bed.

It got a lot less disgusting after the transportation department replaced the cracked falling-apart vinyl bench with a good-condition cloth bench from a junkyard, and I tore the headliner out completely. Someone had left it parked with the window open for about 6 months before we got it, so I had to thoroughly clean the dash, too.

• I Donated
Hahaha Thats how I have to start mine too, and my headliner is ripped out also lol.

:lol:

Is your tailgate handle broken, too? I have to reach in past the handle and pull on a rod that got disconnected in order to open the tailgate.

Also, the interior door handles stay partially pulled out when you close the doors.

Also, the gear selector readout reads N when it's in R, and non-overdrive D when it's in regular D.

And only the speakers on the right side of the cab work.

And the parking brake doesn't work.

Basically, if there is a way for it to be a POS, it is a POS in that way. :lol:

The tailgate handle was broken.

Interior door handles are fine.

Gear indictor was messed but I fixed it.

Speakers work

Doubt the parking brake works

I guess all chevy's break the same way. lol

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

1992 Honda Civic EX Sedan

1988 Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z (borrowed)

2001 Ford Mustang Cobra

1995 Volkswagen Jetta GL (borrowed)

2004 Honda F4i

2003 Honda 600rr

2006 Subaru Legacy GT