LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT...should I?

Totaled04Rex

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Consider ditching the MBC and BOV if it's 100% vent to atmosphere. Rest of the mods look fine. It's definitely stage 2 if it has a DP (not sure where Daniels gets his "knowledge" from saying stage 1 - but then again he believes driving a wagon will get you tail :rolleyes:). TurboXS does make a full recirculating BPV so hopefully that's what it is and the post didn't have the terminology correct. The car comes with a factory 2 port EBCS, and typically if changing it based on tuner input, an upgrade is a 3 port EBCS - the manual makes little to no sense at all.

I was told its 100% VTA. And is tuned for it. Is that bad? Also per the app on the phone of the guy I bought the car from, the boost is at 15. I don't have the plug in for the car for the app he had nor does the car have a boost gauge, but I am thinking about getting either or.

100% to atmosphere isn't bad if the car is tuned for it or so I was told?

Anything else I should look out for/be aware of? Most likely going to attempt to raise the suspension .5" or so this weekend if I have time.

Also hoping I can make the meet at Subaru of chandler, but its looking like I can only be there for a little while if at all due to a project for work that is due for delivery Friday am.

I have the stuff to check your boost pressure if you are in Chandler sometime and want to check it. Out of town until Sat night though.

-Edit- I can monitor your actual pressure while you drive, I can't read the specs of the tune.

And I'm sure someone who knows more than me will chime in, but I was told that all VTA is bad, since your incoming air is measured before this, and there is no way to know exactly how much is being let out.

I was told its 100% VTA. And is tuned for it.

100% to atmosphere isn't bad if the car is tuned for it or so I was told?

Anything else I should look out for/be aware of? Most likely going to attempt to raise the suspension .5" or so this weekend if I have time.

And I'm sure someone who knows more than me will chime in, but I was told that all VTA is bad, since your incoming air is measured before this, and there is no way to know exactly how much is being let out.

BEETROOT is correct - when you do full VTA, there is air the MAF sensor (right past the intake airbox) assumes is being returned to the turbo inlet from the bypass valve that is not (return is down the intake track from the sensor).

Only other thing to check out is getting that MBC replaced with an EBCS (Grimmspeed 3 port or OEM 2 port). This will require a tune. Don't change this hardware until you are working with a tuner and have a base map to flash.

Otherwise great car and enjoy!

BEETROOT is correct - when you do full VTA, there is air the MAF sensor (right past the intake airbox) assumes is being returned to the turbo inlet from the bypass valve that is not (return is down the intake track from the sensor).

Only other thing to check out is getting that MBC replaced with an EBCS (Grimmspeed 3 port or OEM 2 port). This will require a tune. Don't change this hardware until you are working with a tuner and have a base map to flash.

Otherwise great car and enjoy!

I'm not really planning to change anything. I pretty much love the way the car is now save for raising it up about .5" in front and .75" in back. Any issues from having the back slightly higher than the front?

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't posted on this thread in awhile. Been hella busy!

Headed in tomorrow to get my fenders rolled to see if that will help stop the tire carving that's going on when pulling into parking lots and when there are other people in the car when going over bumps in the road.

Other than that, headed up north again this weekend so another road trip. Trying to come up with stuff to do to the car, but it's pretty awesome as it is.

Any suggestions?

And... Fenders rolled!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/09/azyzymuq.jpg

Headed to dealer to pick up some touch up pens cuz we all know how great factory Subaru paint is... Yeah it cracked and flaked on us :(

It's not bad but guy said he's gonna fix it for free. Why does scooby paint suck so bad?

I asked him about heat gun and he said he doesn't use one. In hindsight he prob should have. Oh well. Live and learn I guess. He's gonna touch it up for free so it's all good but would have been nice to not need a second trip. It makes a HUGE difference tho, so much more drive able

Archived