LegacyGT.com

2005 Legacy GT...should I?

Totaled04Rex

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering I'm 32, the time for those convos is long gone. Btw dealer was a complete waste of time. Clean carfax means zilch. Trunk didn't line up right, missing spoiler, out of alignment, air noise when drivers window was closed, crappy paint, wheel bearings wobbling, and literally questioned why I even want a legacy 10seconds down the road... I know I want a good one, but this one has 47k cuz it was probably wrecked to heck all down the drivers side and fixed terribly at like 45k. 1 owner, trade in,then sold at auction and now for sale for $19k after tax title, license and DOC. I will never EVER go to a dealership again, even for a new car. Waste of my time.

Still searching.

Yeah I'm still searching. Going to look at a white 05 with mods on Saturday. 5spd and black interior, but 103k needs cv boots and timing belt. Guy has new axles just need them installed. Gonna low ball the him to like $8k. He is asking $11k, but that's too much with 103k and no timing belt done.

Swp is a pretty rare color.

These cars are kinda strange in the fact that if it's a 5 speed and a rare color combo you are going to pay a premium. People know they can get it too and sit on it.

For example, I have an 06 spec b with 107,xxx on it. I'm realistically looking for 135000. I had it on CL for 15000 Obo just because I know how CL people are. I had someone text me with out even seeing the car and offer to come put 12k cash in my hand. I told him no and gave him my lowest price, couldn't work it out but he understood.

Yeah but 103k and timing belt and torn cv boots not done??? Who cares about the color? Needs $1000 worth of work. Dude just bought the car in July already modded and has replaced clutch and installed light flywheel. I'm being realistic here. Mileage+work needed=premium gone. I'm gonna offer him $8k. Problem is in 3-4 years when and if I sell it the mileage will be like 140k+ and the premium for the color will be LONG gone. If he is a member(which I doubt) I don't see how he would be mad at me for being realistic. So you are saying you would over pay $2000 above KBB just because its SWP? That's just plain silly

If he bought it in July, modded it and is already looking to get rid of it..i hope he isn't just trying to dump his problems on somebody else..take a real good look at it, and if you arent confident you know what your looking / listening for. Take it to the dealer...as i stated before i dont trust anyone..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

No, from what I can tell all he has done is replace the clutch, power steering pump, and added a lightened flywheel. He also bought two new axles but hasn't had them installed yet ($125 per or for both at FAT IIRC) mods were done by previous owner I believe. It's the white one linked up above in Chandler AZ.

Yes I am worried about the mods. I am requesting a full inspection/compression test at FAT after I drive it.

Not that it matters, but I found mine once I gave up finding a LGT. I had found 3 different sti's to check out. One last search on craigslist I find a problem child, who's previous owner was a member on this site. The car had blew a motor, a turbo and had running issues, a check engine light, needed a windshield and a blower motor. The asking price was what was owed by the owner on his loan $11000.

I did not believe that it had a new engine from a 2011 wrx (checked with the motor shop) it did. O paid the $11k

$400 for the running issues and check engine light. Insurance covered the glass and $1700 for the VF52 upgrade and a blower motor and cabin air filter. So with all the mods on the car and now the mods I did it runs amazing ! $13000.

All this when I wasn't looking for a legacy GT limited. If you are patient you can find a good deal.

I must have been lucky cause 1 day I said, "Hey I want a legacy GT wagon". I found one 30 minutes away that was a manual. Didn't like that one and found another on CL a couple hours away that was a manual as well.

My whole search took 2 hours?!

Legacy :wub:

Archived