LegacyGT.com

Dash Melt Down

My dash is about garbage, really starting to crack and that residue is taking over.

Subaru is offering me a credit toward the repair. It's almost enough to cover the parts for the quote I got from my dealership. Figure I'll just install the new dash myself and save the labor.

332700623_PXL_20220104_1643467512.thumb.jpg.2908a2fbde43c64f04128fc540265413.jpg

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How difficult is the dash install? Solo job? I'll get to take one out that is garbage first at least, but I'll also try some resto project on it.

Cracks started shortly after my second airbag recall. They weren't very noticeable at first, but the common issues we're all seeing have gotten worse since I've stopped driving and garaged it lately.

How difficult is the dash install? Solo job? I'll get to take one out that is garbage first at least, but I'll also try some resto project on it.

Cracks started shortly after my second airbag recall. They weren't very noticeable at first, but the common issues we're all seeing have gotten worse since I've stopped driving and garaged it lately.

You can do it solo. I replaced mine with one from a donor car in my driveway. Just takes a couple hours to get the old one out, and a couple hours to carefully install the new one. Just take your time, there always seems to be just one more screw holding it in somewhere.

This may help,

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/correct-way-fixing-dash-rattle-take-apart-took-me-9-87104.html

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here